The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biggest loss of players after 1 month in history?

SeloDaoC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trolling as the login server is down. It pisses me off but more because I want to play while I can, not that I can determine what is wrong with the launch so I can report back here to the great unwashed.

I lol'd when - yet again - someone (a Jedi Master, I suspect) whined, "God I wish you would all go back to WoW". So shortsighted, so... selfish. Were it not for the financial success of WoW, Bioware would have never gotten the funding to complete this game. In fact, we as a group - call us gamers - owe an incredible debt of thanks to the folks over at Blizzard.

Yes, I played WoW for way too long. EQ for many years before that... tried RoM, tried Rift... waited patiently for SWTOR. Finally it arrived and it has been *fantastic*. The built-in lore is wonderful and if you've not leveled up a BH, do so... one of the best thought through quest chains ever. Simply amazing.

That said, maybe we will go back to WoW when the end-game content peters out. As gamers, we are a transient lot to be sure. For those Jedi Masters that still sleep in their Star Wars underwear, here's hoping that the force is truly with you the next time a Trekkie kicks the crap out of you at your next comic-con, lol.

Edited by Rogish

Nobody will top WAR.

So much hype, such a bad game.

AoC did a good job :)

I think SWToR is more like AoC then WAR

The fanboism is huge :) nice to see so many people resorting to personal insults "im better then you, get a life"

Not everyone are ex wow players, i hated it and all it created and the playerbase coming from it.

GOOD ONE M8. You made my day. :D

He's spot on imo.

Where are the MAJOR flaws?

An ability delay bug that a minority have?

Raid frames a bit buggy?

No Xserver LFD?

No Dual Spec?

No /makeme50 button?

The problem is that these issues are being reported and dealt with however the people reporting them know nothing about software development. Got an ability delay bug that affects a small minority, oh well then just press the "Fix Me" button.

We all should know it doesnt work like that and the combat delay bug in particular will take a while to isolate, fix, test, release I would imagine.

And yet all I read is Fix This By Tomorrow or I RaaaageQuit...pathetic.

The reality is TOR has had one of the most successful and stable launches in the history of the MMORPG genre.

And as for these game breaking raid panels not updating, the AH that needs tweaking....lol...gamebreaking indeed

Driz

I wonder if SWToR with all its flaws will be the one to loose the most players from release >first month in mmo history

For me it feels like theres no other mmos to play so i HAVE to keep on playing it until GW2 :(

First mmo release in life? Looks like. Don't even try to say otherwise.

Not everyone are ex wow players, i hated it and all it created and the playerbase coming from it.
What exactly did it create in your opinion? Not being derogatory, just interested in what you see as the negatives.

Fair enough... though "hate" is a pretty strong term. WoW copied EQ to some extent in terms of instance (group/raid) and many other MMOs did likewise. Players coming from these backgrounds come to expect - unjustifiably, granted - certain features and gameplay. When they don't find them, or they are changed to fit SWTOR's model... it makes them a bit crazy.

Do I wish there were macros and combat logs? Yes.

But I'll live with out them.

He's spot on imo.

Where are the MAJOR flaws?

An ability delay bug that a minority have?

Raid frames a bit buggy?

No Xserver LFD?

No Dual Spec?

No /makeme50 button?

The problem is that these issues are being reported and dealt with however the people reporting them know nothing about software development. Got an ability delay bug that affects a small minority, oh well then just press the "Fix Me" button.

We all should know it doesnt work like that and the combat delay bug in particular will take a while to isolate, fix, test, release I would imagine.

And yet all I read is Fix This By Tomorrow or I RaaaageQuit...pathetic.

The reality is TOR has had one of the most successful and stable launches in the history of the MMORPG genre.

And as for these game breaking raid panels not updating, the AH that needs tweaking....lol...gamebreaking indeed

Driz

Ability delay affects alot more then a minority.

Raid panels not updating is gamebreaking. How the hell isn't it? Like really? "PEOPLES HEALTH NOT UPDATING? PEOPLE DYING BEFORE IT SHOWS THEM GOING UNDER 100%? NOT GAMEBREAKING L2HEAL"

cmon dude, there are some major flaws that need fixing. Don't try to pass them off as minor.

I wonder if SWToR with all its flaws will be the one to loose the most players from release >first month in mmo history

For me it feels like theres no other mmos to play so i HAVE to keep on playing it until GW2 :(

How about we let the month play out first?

I for one am having quite a blast with my trooper and everyone of my friends loves the game.

I also suggest that if you HAVE to keep playing this game then you have bigger problems to deal with.

SWTOR has so much more content than just the endgame. You have to remember SWTOR is basically.. 8 games rolled into one. I was a huge fan of KOTOR, not so much KOTOR2 but I liked it. SWTOR has definitely won my affection adn I look forward to seeing where Bioware takes it.

What people seem to forget is that SWTOR is the first MMO developed by Bioware.. Mythic had no hand in helping them with the development. This is a huge learning experience for them and (and I say this with confidence) I have faith that all the little quirks some of the players have been experiencing will be ironed out soon.

As far as I am aware, Bioware never had any sort of phone based customer service - now they do. Hold times may be high - but as the community grows so will the call center. To be perfectly honest, SWTOR was probably the best MMO launch in history. It had its bumps but you can tell Bioware has made considerations for everything (such as wait lines for the website so that it doesn't get overwhelmed). It's really impressive to me.

Sure some people may not continue a subscription.

Hopefully its the ones that threaten "I'm leaving if this isn't fixed"

My response to this is"You could threaten to shoot yourself in the head If you like ...Go ahead pull the trigger"