Cybertech is useless if Reusable mods stay in-game.

Argoan

Reusing a high end Mod/Armoring costs 30k. Crafting them costs (On my server at least) over 32k JUST for the 4 Mandalorian Iron - They are roughly 8k each - How do people make money with Cybertech?

We have no bonus for being Cybertech apart from the BoP mounts (Epic costs more than other epic mounts to craft so it's pointless)

Ear pieces - again with no resale value.

Epic ship addons - Again single sale.

How are people using Cybertech? I find it to be completely useless as it is now, except for single sales on a impossible to use AH that will no where near cover my cost of Reverse Engineering all that material just to learn high end recipes.

Most of my money from cybertech comes from selling off my extra materials when I'm done with that tier. Lame i know.

If i could get enough purple mats to make extra purple armoring mods i think those would sell. But it takes 20 rares just to equip myself. Plus to make money I'd have to sell purple mods for 50k a piece.

I've put several purple mods on the market, very few sell.

I've unlocked 4-5 lvl 49 purple mods. None have sold.

I've made over 60 blue ear pieces attempting to RE a lvl 49 purple. Which has been a complete and total waste of time and money. I could have come out farther ahead vendoring the items instead of RE'ing them.

I'm all for making things hard, but at 30 minutes per craft, and 5 seconds to RE. I'm losing interest very quickly. Not to mention that the item is probably replaced with a champion bag item. I'm extremely disillusioned with BW's statement that they wanted crafters to be awesome and that you would be known across the galaxy for making a certain item, because you took the time to research and unlock it. I fail to see the point, when the item is easily replaced and everyone on the server can unlock the items.

Just another post showing how bad BW is sucking on the crafting front. There is no point in crafting.

I am Cybertech for personal use. I'm primarily leveling alts through warzones and class quests, so the mods are helpful for me. I also make the ship parts for them. Outside of that I don't try to sell anything to make credits because I don't think the investment is worth the effort and the gamble that someone needs it.

Most of my money from cybertech comes from selling off my extra materials when I'm done with that tier. Lame i know.

If i could get enough purple mats to make extra purple armoring mods i think those would sell. But it takes 20 rares just to equip myself. Plus to make money I'd have to sell purple mods for 50k a piece.

I think for most skills, auctioning or selling extra mats or the items made with them is where much of the money comes from.

I am considering changing one of my alts to cybertech so these threads interest me. My reasons aren't to make millions on the GTN, but to have someone capable of producing the armor mods so that my main (and alts) can easily upgrade their orange items without having to visit vendors. Will also be nice to make starship upgrades etc.

So are the items truly worthless? Or is it just not a big money maker on the DTM? Because those are not the same for some of us.

having one time sales or reusable items realy impact the economy.

What many dont understand is, yeah you might have to buy another suit of armor, or 20 medpacks here and there. But this makes a demand for crafters. They invest time and money back into the community by buyinf your resources to make more items. You can make a lot more from selling resources to a crafter when the economy is strong. The crafter then makes more items to resell to everyone else.

Right now the economy is stagnate, nothing is rolling it along. Everything is a one time buy, or you can get off a commedation vendor.

So yeah, crafting needs adjusted. All these loot items, commedation, reusable items, skill locked items take away from you just as much as everyone else. You could make a killing just selling resources to a crafter if the economy was strong and a lot of demand. The demand part is minimal, and thats hurting the growth of the economy/market.

But its all about what servers ourselves best these days in mmo land. So oh well........

You make money by selling the blue leveling up armor mods, and hand gathering resources. For reasonable prices, I might add.

3-4k for each mod 21 - 29, and 4.5k+ a mod for 31 - 39. Depends on your server, of course. Buying mats to make em doesn't work. Mats are too high.

Edited by Hambunctious

You make money by selling the blue leveling up armor mods, and hand gathering resources. For reasonable prices, I might add.

3-4k for each mod 21 - 29, and 4.5k+ a mod for 31 - 39. Depends on your server, of course. Buying mats to make em doesn't work. Mats are too high.

I agree. Also, not sure what the situation is on the OP's server, but I sell earpieces on the AH (blue ones and up, green if I got an augment slot in them) and they sell just fine.

having one time sales or reusable items realy impact the economy.

What many dont understand is, yeah you might have to buy another suit of armor, or 20 medpacks here and there. But this makes a demand for crafters. They invest time and money back into the community by buyinf your resources to make more items. You can make a lot more from selling resources to a crafter when the economy is strong. The crafter then makes more items to resell to everyone else.

Right now the economy is stagnate, nothing is rolling it along. Everything is a one time buy, or you can get off a commedation vendor.

So yeah, crafting needs adjusted. All these loot items, commedation, reusable items, skill locked items take away from you just as much as everyone else. You could make a killing just selling resources to a crafter if the economy was strong and a lot of demand. The demand part is minimal, and thats hurting the growth of the economy/market.

But its all about what servers ourselves best these days in mmo land. So oh well........

I think everyone knows that reusable items change the demand for crafted items. I think players such as yourself want to own a business in this game-world and others don't care about that one way or the other. They want to outfit themselves and maybe their friends. If they make some money on the side? Well that is nice too.

Reusing a high end Mod/Armoring costs 30k. Crafting them costs (On my server at least) over 32k JUST for the 4 Mandalorian Iron - They are roughly 8k each - How do people make money with Cybertech?

We have no bonus for being Cybertech apart from the BoP mounts (Epic costs more than other epic mounts to craft so it's pointless)

Ear pieces - again with no resale value.

Epic ship addons - Again single sale.

How are people using Cybertech? I find it to be completely useless as it is now, except for single sales on a impossible to use AH that will no where near cover my cost of Reverse Engineering all that material just to learn high end recipes.

meterial prices depend on the server economy, you are probably just unlucky. Lord calypho is spammed with udnerworld materials and i dont even sell any of them anymore as they are so cheap i dont make much of a profit

meterial prices depend on the server economy, you are probably just unlucky. Lord calypho is spammed with udnerworld materials and i dont even sell any of them anymore as they are so cheap i dont make much of a profit

It's not really about the prices, its that the mods/armorings we make (the VAST majority of Cybertech recipes) are all reusable, making it virtually impossible to recover the costs of REing immense amounts of items to be able to make Epic mods/armorings. The only way to make a profit is to sell them for 100k credits, and I think we both know no one will pay that.

It's not really about the prices, its that the mods/armorings we make (the VAST majority of Cybertech recipes) are all reusable, making it virtually impossible to recover the costs of REing immense amounts of items to be able to make Epic mods/armorings. The only way to make a profit is to sell them for 100k credits, and I think we both know no one will pay that.

Well I can see this being a problem at level 50, but you aren't going to keep using armor with level 21 mods when you are in your 40s. But even then, it gets costly to remove mods the higher you get. People may not bother removing old mods but just replace them with new ones.

Edited by AilsaH

It's not really about the prices, its that the mods/armorings we make are all reusable, making it virtually impossible to recover the costs of REing immense amounts of items to be able to make Epic mods/armorings.

Yea, tell me the same about getting orange items crafted by armortech or syntchwaving.

You need to run literally hundreds of underworld trading missions to get schematic for it.

The cost of it runs around few hundred thousand credits.

Now you start selling the... let's say: orange chest armors.

Each orange chest armor sold means NO MORE chest armors sold EVER to that client. You essentially remove him from your customers list.

Now imagine that you crafted also some purple chest armors before which eaten piles of money. You start selling oranges - you lower the demand for purples - you loose a chance to earn back money invested in getting purple armors.

So selling orange items for armor and weapon crafter is essentially making poo into your own nest. Sure, you Cybertech crafters benefit from it - you can sell mods to a person as he levels up during game progress, but for us it's one time sell per one person and it's OVER.

See?

Cybertech isn't that bad.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

I sell the grenades pretty well they help in warzones and add extra damage.

If only we could RE them... the current system is just silly in my opinion.

But I agree, grenades are very sexy. A level 30 pyro grenade is about 80% the force of my Death From Above at level 32. That's as an instant cast, as opposed to the channel (all too easy to have interrupted) of DFA. Also, items are seperate from the GCD as I recall, though I haven't used nades much at all (since they have a long, long cooldown).

Yea, tell me the same about getting orange items crafted by armortech or syntchwaving.

You need to run literally hundreds of underworld trading missions to get schematic for it.

The cost of it runs around few hundred thousand credits.

Now you start selling the... let's say: orange chest armors.

Each orange chest armor sold means NO MORE chest armors sold EVER to that client. You essentially remove him from your customers list.

Now imagine that you crafted also some purple chest armors before which eaten piles of money. You start selling oranges - you lower the demand for purples - you loose a chance to earn back money invested in getting purple armors.

So selling orange items for armor and weapon crafter is essentially making poo into your own nest. Sure, you Cybertech crafters benefit from it - you can sell mods to a person as he levels up during game progress, but for us it's one time sell per one person and it's OVER.

See?

Cybertech isn't that bad.

You don't need to get those recipes yourself, thy are tradeable. Cybertech mods/armorings are ONLY throug REing.

I am talking about selling Mods/Armoring, not actually equipment. You take Armortech/Armstech you except to sell a Gun or a Chest and not have a repeat customer. Cybertech sells Armor and Weapon modifications, returning custom is expected. You are basically trying to compare chalk and cheese to make your argument valid.

Edited by Argoan

You don't need to get those recipes yourself, thy are tradeable. Cybertech mods/armorings are ONLY throug REing.

I am talking about selling Mods/Armoring, not actually equipment. You take Armortech/Armstech you except to sell a Gun or a Chest and not have a repeat customer. Cybertech sells Armor and Weapon modifications, returning custom is expected. You are basically trying to compare chalk and cheese to make your argument valid.

People will need to replace lower level mods with higher level ones. But at level 50, I see your point.

I have a Cybertech question for you all. I chose Slicing and Underground trading as my other two skills. I've been making good money from slicing so far, but I have came to realize if I want to create anything through Cybertech, I should of used Scavenging.

Mats are way to expensive on the GTN, so its either start my gathering skill over, Slicing = 110, or keep with it and try to buy my way out, or change Cybertech to something else. I;m a Jedi Sentinel if that helps you.

Take any input I can get. Thanks.

My toon, companions and guildmates seem to be well equiped and modded up.

I sell a my purple mods pretty quick by just dropping the asking price 1k and undercutting the competition, most of my purples don't last the day that way.

I think it's silly when people are asking 5-7k for a mat on an item that will only sell for 3k and even more silly when someone actually purchases them. People are just asking way to much for materials so I've selected my crew skills to ensure I find my own.

When looking for mats specifically for items to sell, I typically go the tier below, it's easier to find rare mats (so it seems, and make sure you send the companion with the highest bonus on the highest output missions). If someone specifically wants me to craft a item, I'll have them either quest or purchase the mat for me.

My cash flow mostly comes from questing, the second I stop to focus on crafting my cash reserves will dry up quickly. I honestly don't think the crafting was to create some big money makers like people are hoping. Get your guild members to have craft skills that complement each other, have a armstech, armortech, etc... keep on trading with each other and there should be no reason you'll need to worry about gear. (My 35 BH is typically better equiped than most and I've completed just a handful of heroics and flashpoints.)

For the amount of time people waste farming flashpoints for gear, I can level my toon up, use commendations for needed items and mods (that I cannot produce) and by the time gear needs to be upgraded, I've already created the needed mods to do so.

Why should a Cybertech expect return customers any more than an Armormech?

I think it's silly when people are asking 5-7k for a mat on an item that will only sell for 3k and even more silly when someone actually purchases them. People are just asking way to much for materials so I've selected my crew skills to ensure I find my own.

As with MMOs, leveling a craft is a credit sink. Pure mat is more expensive than a finished product when the profession is not maxed out. It's all about demand and supply. Currently most players are leveling up a craft, so the demand for mat is higher -> mat is more expensive. The market for level 50 is very small, since most of us are in the mid-30 and have no need for 50 gear. Look at WoW. Every expansion, mat costs tons. When time goes by, pp max out the profession, mat costs way less while finished products cost more.

That says, Cybertech is no more useless than Synthweaving or most other skills. We have to wait out until more pp hit 50 to know how the economic looks like in the long term. Some WoW professions make way less or barely any compared to some others. If you want to make $$, pick a consumable profession, like biochem.

That said, there is not much point in crafting. My issue with credits is you get tons of it when you hit 50, but it doesn't look like there is much credit sink in this game. So pp will end up with tons of $$ with nothing to spend on. Crafting looks like it will mostly benefit you while leveling. So pick one that suits your class.

Edited by Cantiga

As with MMOs, leveling a craft is a credit sink. Pure mat is more expensive than a finished product when the profession is not maxed out. It's all about demand and supply. Currently most players are leveling up a craft, so the demand for mat is higher -> mat is more expensive. The market for level 50 is very small, since most of us are in the mid-30 and have no need for 50 gear. Look at WoW. Every expansion, mat costs tons. When time goes by, pp max out the profession, mat costs way less while finished products cost more.

That says, Cybertech is no more useless than Synthweaving or most other skills. We have to wait out until more pp hit 50 to know how the economic looks like in the long term. Some WoW professions make way less or barely any compared to some others. If you want to make $$, pick a consumable profession, like biochem.

That said, there is not much point in crafting. My issue with credits is you get tons of it when you hit 50, but it doesn't look like there is much credit sink in this game. So pp will end up with tons of $$ with nothing to spend on. Crafting looks like it will mostly benefit you while leveling. So pick one that suits your class.

Agreed... although even with Biochem people are just overpriced. Some people are even asking for more than the regular vendors, I've even seen almost double.

Or, instead of waiting until level 50, you could craft items in all level brackets and make more profit......gatherers can get you the mats, you pay a reasonable price for them and you make items from it and sell for a reasonable price.

There have been times when i have been doing level 30-35 quests with level 20-25 gear, because there is none on the GTN, i am thinking this is why slicing was so profitable, so those that don't craft, had money to buy your crafted items, but what bioware didn't consider the chance of, is players just caring about their own balance sheet and nothing else.

Edited by JamieKirby

I've put several purple mods on the market, very few sell.

I've unlocked 4-5 lvl 49 purple mods. None have sold.

I've made over 60 blue ear pieces attempting to RE a lvl 49 purple. Which has been a complete and total waste of time and money. I could have come out farther ahead vendoring the items instead of RE'ing them.

I'm all for making things hard, but at 30 minutes per craft, and 5 seconds to RE. I'm losing interest very quickly. Not to mention that the item is probably replaced with a champion bag item. I'm extremely disillusioned with BW's statement that they wanted crafters to be awesome and that you would be known across the galaxy for making a certain item, because you took the time to research and unlock it. I fail to see the point, when the item is easily replaced and everyone on the server can unlock the items.

Just another post showing how bad BW is sucking on the crafting front. There is no point in crafting.

Reason being,,, You can do daily heroic 2 and get level 49 (purple) mods for the reward..

One on Ilum and another on belsavis,,, So your services are not needed.

sorry buts its the truth )