DoT's shouldn't interrupt objective capping.

Khayleth

There are plenty of ways to stop capping.. but to prevent it whilst dead is not the way it should be.. err hello they died.. they failed.. they flopped.. they probably sucked why should they be still be able to defend a objective after death.. the idea makes no sense and the only people that enjoy this out of order advantage are most probably DoT users themselves.. very selfish. So no its obviously not fine, need teamwork to attack? then u should need teamwork to defend not some silly dot, should work both ways. Im quite sure that eventually they will adjust this.

The idea to have dots interrupting objective capping imo is the most backward idea ever.. you clearly beat the opponent who is defending the point you want, therefore deserve to cap after he has been killed.. if he hasnt called for help or his team has not responded then they should lose watever objective it is.. seeing as all you people are pushing a point through saying its team game dispell others and dont run solo.. then surely defending shouldnt be a solo job either where u can put a cheap DoT onto the other player cause you just epically failed to defend a point and are incapable of calling for help (or maybe you do.. after its been capped) or your team isnt a team at all.. just my opinion.. :)

Do you play a necromancer usually?

Because you totally pulled a NecroThread.

This thread is over a month old.

Edited by LordSemaj

DoTs are fine. If nobody was able to ever get through the doors in Voidstar or cap a point in Alderaan then I would agree with you. Fact is, games right now (at least on my server) are always close affairs.

Both sides get DoTs, both get dispels, I don't see the problem?

Yeah as it is super easy to keep the dots on everyone around, just let the guy with no dots on him cap if you have no cleanser around.

If a guy is dotting everyone around he isn't killing anyone, so just put him down with his weakened team and cap.

Next week we will have people actually moaning about gunslingers being OP, mark my words.

// also dots screw up soft CCs, if he dots everyone, no one is CCd more than 3 seconds - there is ups and downs in everything

Edited by Formulka

No they aren't.

On civil war the edge turret caps aren't even short enough to complete before someone takes a speeder right back to your face.

The speeders also don't drop you on top of the point.

Stuns work. Solo caps should not. Team game. Yadayadayada.

Also - THIS THREAD IS OLD! NECRO TOPIC

Edited by LordSemaj

DoTs are fine. If nobody was able to ever get through the doors in Voidstar or cap a point in Alderaan then I would agree with you. Fact is, games right now (at least on my server) are always close affairs.

Both sides get DoTs, both get dispels, I don't see the problem?

i dont think the vast majority of players know about just how OP setting a dot out on some1 is before they die defending.. i dont see it very often but as soon as it catches on and every dot dealing class begins using this method.. well it would be very frustrating

They should interrupt imo, but they however shouldn't cause objective interrupts when absorbed by damage shield i.e sorc/sage bubbles. So annoying to see absorbed and have it interrupt defuse/planting/capping.

thats BS, any damage even if absorbed by bubble interrupts cap, why DoTs shouldn't is beyond me ..

The speeders also don't drop you on top of the point.

Stuns work. Solo caps should not. Team game. Yadayadayada.

Also - THIS THREAD IS OLD! NECRO TOPIC

Necro it may be but valid point it still is.. if ur tht bothered stop coming to this thread?

true it doesnt drop you stright there but i simple leap, force speed blah blah blah and ur staright in the centre agen..

Edited by edazilaxam

They should interrupt imo, but they however shouldn't cause objective interrupts when absorbed by damage shield i.e sorc/sage bubbles. So annoying to see absorbed and have it interrupt defuse/planting/capping.

so best solution how to defuse (3 sec) is just put buble on.. and defuse.. 90% sucessfull defuse..

no thanks

If my team is busy defending and I go take a node by myself because there is only one defender, the dot interrupting me long enough for him to respawn, come back, and dot me again is ridiculous, there is no justification for it.

Jugg doesn't have one.

So you are mad that one person is able to defend a node in a map that only has 8v8 and three nodes where the majority of the players fight in the center and can only afford a single defender for their likely only one other node? *breaths deeply* Why the audacity!