Commando tree - limitations

psujester

According to the calculators I'm looking at, it's impossible to max the healing tree to get Bacta Infusion up top and still branch far enough up the Gunnery tree to get Grav Round. Can anyone confirm this is correct in game?

I'm pretty sure this is the case but wanted to check. Next question is, is it worth giving up a big damage dealer like GR in exchange for wasting 6 points an instant heal on a 21 sec cooldown, given all the potential for fun.

I don't think you can get Grav Round with hitting the max node in combat medic. Grav Round is one of the major attacks for the Gunnery Commando. If you're going to dedicate yourself to combat medic, you'll need to sacrifice the damage that the grav round would give.

grav round aka trooper tracer missile is a must have, remember trooper/bounty hunters healers are mediocre. scoundrel/operative/sage/sorcerer make much better healers. just go gunnery commando.

remember skill reset cost is 0 credits once every week. so you can experiment with combat medic then reset back to gunnery tree for free.

grav round aka trooper tracer missile is a must have, remember trooper/bounty hunters healers are mediocre. scoundrel/operative/sage/sorcerer make much better healers. just go gunnery commando.

My guild would tend to disagree with you. Just because you're a mediocre combat medic doesn't mean combat medics are mediocre. While out AoE isn't as strong as the other healers, our single target healing is the stuff of legends.

remember skill reset cost is 0 credits once every week. so you can experiment with combat medic then reset back to gunnery tree for free.

Actually, the combat medic is an extremely effective healer in PvP and PvE. Unfortunately in PvP, I see a lot of combat medics running around in WZ's trying to heal like a sage (i.e. simply spamming their mainline heals) and trying to rely solely on spamming Medical Probe and Advanced Medical Probe; while using their Bacta Infusion to frequently. This puts their ammo into a deficit and brings their ammo regen rate to a snails crawl. Good combat medics focus on keeping up their Trauma Probe and swapping it to other targets as needed. They also will use their Kolto Bomb proactively and watch their ammo level to maximize ammo regeneration. I think you may just have been grouping with some novice combat medics who haven't quite figured out the specifics of playing their class.

**Edit**

Almost forgot to mention: Another factor in PvP is that many Combat Medics are to liberal with their use of the "Green Healing Beam of Kill Me" and end up getting focused fired quickly. This can be a problem if they are not smart with their placement or they are not getting the protection they need.

Edited by Scotfo