Balmorra x 2?

Waypoc

No its not poor game design, PvP and faction interaction were not the main focus, story was, which does not make poor planing. unique story for both sides > pve > pvp. That is how the game is supposed to be, I knew that before ever playing it. Its not bad design or poor planing like I said only a small % will be upset by this, you are part of the small % and you do have a right to be upset, but don't make the mistake by saying "the game does not have faction PvP on every planet from T, so it is bad design." I have just listed above why it is not, if you have a good reason other then your quote above, I would love to hear it.

Thanks but I disagree.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not poor game design, PvP and faction interaction were not the main focus, story was, which does not make poor planing. unique story for both sides > pve > pvp. That is how the game is supposed to be, I knew that before ever playing it. Its not bad design or poor planing like I said only a small % will be upset by this, you are part of the small % and you do have a right to be upset, but don't make the mistake by saying "the game does not have faction PvP on every planet from T, so it is bad design." I have just listed above why it is not, if you have a good reason other then your quote above, I would love to hear it.

you have no clue at all.

guess why all the pvp servers are full, there is a reason why people roll on such a server.

think about it

also with a 130+ million dollar budget everyone can except atleast a basic faction warfare that makes sense + a good pve story.

That's why I said poor MMO design as it relates to the story.

In other words it shouldn't exist period.

It just clearly illustrates again another way in which the MMO part of the game was an afterthought.

You're awfully full of your opinions there.

How is it poor MMO design to have some zones accessible earlier on than others, depending on faction?

If a game had a end-game zone in the opposing faction's capital/starting zone, it'd be the same thing.

on what point? If we are going to have a debate, lets at least debate.

I'm sorry I guess you missed the point of this thread. It wasn't to debate. It was to express my opinion and hope to get others that feel the same way to post so that quite possibly a dev would read and maybe plan better in the future by taking into account not just PvE but PvP players as well; not to mention Star Wars in general.

You're awfully full of your opinions there.

How is it poor MMO design to have some zones accessible earlier on than others, depending on faction?

If a game had a end-game zone in the opposing faction's capital/starting zone, it'd be the same thing.

I'm sorry but you really have to read the whole thread. It's covered in there.

you have no clue at all.

guess why all the pvp servers are full, there is a reason why people roll on such a server.

think about it

also with a 130+ million dollar budget everyone can except atleast a basic faction warfare that makes sense + a good pve story.

Thank you.

you have no clue at all.

think about it

not all the pvp servers are full and just as many PvE servers are full., and yes it is a small % compared to the overall number, (which is still a lot of people)

Please don't tell me a don't have a clue, also remember I said hardcore PvPers not PvPers. I love to PvP, and I also find it lacking, but I do knew what bioware was planing based off polls I read and and interviews.

Also how much of that money went to VA's? a heck of a lot.

P.S. There is more PvE servers than PvP.

you have no clue at all.

think about it

Yeah, it makes it easier to know which people for me to avoid. :D

There's twice as many PvE servers as PvP servers... and just as many are full...

Think about it.

I'm sorry I guess you missed the point of this thread. It wasn't to debate. It was to express my opinion and hope to get others that feel the same way to post so that quite possibly a dev would read and maybe plan better in the future by taking into account not just PvE but PvP players as well; not to mention Star Wars in general.

And you misread my point, I never said PvP was not lacking, it is, I never said the devs should not add more PvP.

What I said was it is not do to poor game design or poor planing.

Last point, if you post something on the forums, there will be people who disagree, if that person makes valid points (right or wrong) and you repeat what you are saying without debating the points, you then become a troll.

Last point, if you post something on the forums, there will be people who disagree, if that person makes valid points (right or wrong) and you repeat what you are saying without debating the points, you then become a troll.

Not if it's my thread.

not all the pvp servers are full and just as many PvE servers are full., and yes it is a small % compared to the overall number, (which is still a lot of people)

Please don't tell me a don't have a clue, also remember I said hardcore PvPers not PvPers. I love to PvP, and I also find it lacking, but I do knew what bioware was planing based off polls I read and and interviews.

Also how much of that money went to VA's? a heck of a lot.

P.S. There is more PvE servers than PvP.

then go take a look at the serverlist atm

all pvp servers in NA are full or heavy load while most pve servers are standard

think about it again then tell me that there is only a small percentage of people that wants more PVP.

all pvp servers in NA are full or heavy load while most pve servers are standard

think about it again then tell me that there is only a small percentage of people that wants more PVP.

and again... think about the fact that there are TWICE AS MANY PVE SERVERS.

Edited by Taelin

ESPECIALLY, if it's your thread.

Don't start a discussion, if you're not willing to discuss.

Again not a discussion. It's a post of my opinion. It became a thread and I chose to discuss. After the points were clearly delineated on both sides and rebutted, I chose to no longer discuss.

I cannot say the same things a million times. Obviously for those that disagree, let's agree to disagree.

Semantics; not for me.

Edited by Waypoc

Not if it's my thread.

Its not your thread on a public forum, if this was really your thread you could ban me from it, you could review all posts before they go up, if this was your thread the mods could never shut it down.

You went from person with a ligament complaint pointed in the wrong area, to a troll..

example.

I make a thread that says "Awesome Story"

I post "the story is the best ever, thank you bioware!"

first response "I have to say I find the story repetitive and boring in places, like on 'x planet'"

I responded "They story is amazing you must not be playing it right, get off my thread"

Point is people will disagree with you on a public forum owned by a game, where there are millions of people.

and again... think about the fact that there are TWICE AS MANY PVE SERVERS.

and most of them are not even half full, so whats your point. there is no small percantage that wants to roll PVP they are many, otherwise by your own logic the PVP server would all be empty.

Its not your thread on a public forum, if this was really your thread you could ban me from it, you could review all posts before they go up, if this was your thread the mods could never shut it down.

You went from person with a ligament complaint pointed in the wrong area, to a troll..

example.

I make a thread that says "Awesome Story"

I post "the story is the best ever, thank you bioware!"

first response "I have to say I find the story repetitive and boring in places, like on 'x planet'"

I responded "They story is amazing you must not be playing it right, get off my thread"

Point is people will disagree with you on a public forum owned by a game, where there are millions of people.

LOL seriously?? OK you win. What would you like me to say? PM me and i'll post as from me.

Let it go... :D

And P.S. - I did everything you listed above already. I just hate repeating myself.

Edited by Waypoc

I would imagine that the majority of people on a PvP server don't actively seek world PvP all that often. I know I don't very much, but it just feels wrong to see a member of the opposing faction and NOT be able to fight him/her.

I had a lot of friends on my PvP WoW server who never PvP'd, and when I asked them about it, they usually said that the PvE servers just "felt wrong".

and most of them are not even half full, so whats your point. there is no small percantage that wants to roll PVP they are many, otherwise by your own logic the PVP server would all be empty.

Math ftw...

Ok, you have (random numbers):

15 PvP servers, with 10,000 players each = 150,000 players

You also have:

30 PvE servers with 8,000 players each = 240,000 players

There are far more people that want to play PvE than PvP.

I would imagine that the majority of people on a PvP server don't actively seek world PvP all that often.

*facepalm* nice did you have a poll to back that up? because mine said that the majority of people on a PVP Server want to engage people from the other Faction, otherwise they go straight to a PVE Server

Edited by Sheneria