Balmorra x 2?

Waypoc

I'm not understanding why there are 2 Balmorra's?

1 Republic & 1 Imperial Balmorra.

FANBOI'S GET READY TO REBUT ALERT

Is this just a bad MMO design issue?

Can someone help me? I play on a PvP Server. Do we just skip this planet?

I'm trying to understand the logic.

Edited by Waypoc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone understand this?

Imps get there a lot earlier than Republic for their storyline. They don't meet up in open world PvP because one side would have a ten level or so advantage over the other.

So then it's just poor MMO design as it relates to the story. Got it thanks.

So then it's just poor MMO design as it relates to the story. Got it thanks.
So if they made two completely different planets that both had the other faction's presence on it but only in an NPC capacity (still no open world PvP) like the starter planets, you wouldn't have a problem?

wat

So if they made two completely different planets that both had the other faction's presence on it but only in an NPC capacity (still no open world PvP) like the starter planets, you wouldn't have a problem?

wat

That's why I said poor MMO design as it relates to the story.

In other words it shouldn't exist period.

It just clearly illustrates again another way in which the MMO part of the game was an afterthought.

I don't believe they designed the progression around a single server ruleset. Helps differentiate the factions a bit too.

he's a little irritated that imperials use a different instance of balmora and taris than republic side does, he sees the alternate leveling paths as a game design flaw.

How did you people not understand the post, exactly?

Thank you.

he's a little irritated that imperials use a different instance of balmora and taris than republic side does, he sees the alternate leveling paths as a game design flaw.

How did you people not understand the post, exactly?

I understand it. However, I don't understand why he's upset.

Imperials and Republic have different starter planets, too. What's the problem with reusing art assets or saying that stories canonically take place on the same contested planet at either difference places or different time frames and not dumping World PvP on the heads of lowbies?

I have played both sides. I feel this is an incredibly bad game design. It also contributes to a less exciting world, and, along with small server caps, to a feeling of an unpopulated world. I wish for once a company would hire a lead designer that understands how an MMO works. Edited by Thamelas

Tatooine is really the first planet where world PvP is intended, that's all. Everything else is considered too low-level by the designers for fun (or necessary) world PvP. I feel like I'm reading a bunch of people who are upset that the Alliance couldn't run into the Barrens and start slaughtering level 14 Tauren in vanilla.

Tatooine is really the first planet where world PvP is intended, that's all. Everything else is considered too low-level by the designers for fun (or necessary) world PvP. I feel like I'm reading a bunch of people who are upset that the Alliance couldn't run into the Barrens and start slaughtering level 14 Tauren in vanilla.

The point is its not even an option. The factions are artificially separated. You cannot go to an opposite factions world. Hell even in the PvP area's its hard to PvP because of the small server caps. As I said, very bad game design. I'm sitting here and wondering why they even bother to have PvP servers to be honest.

Edited by Thamelas

Well I sort of accepted that after I found out in beta. I knew or thought that from Tat up the planet chain we would always be sharing. But I guess I was wrong.

Empires Balmorra is level 15-18.

Empires Taris is 34-36.

Different planets for different stories.

Because Tatooine and everything that follows allows world PvP.

Let me get all upset here because I can't go to Dromund Kaas as a Republic player and kill lowbies. Or Hutta.

In WoW Tarren Mill, a simple NPC town, evolved into a great battleground area for factions. Why? Because the world was open to both factions. Everyone had a blast there, high and low levels. You will never see that in SWTOR with its current design. On top of that, the capital cities have an exhaustion zone around them to kill any fun even more. Furthermore, why the hell did they even put town guards here? No enemy faction will ever step foot into it.

Edited by Thamelas

Except Balmorra is L32-36 and there are no opposite faction players on a PvP server.

That's a problem.

I understand it. However, I don't understand why he's upset.

Imperials and Republic have different starter planets, too. What's the problem with reusing art assets or saying that stories canonically take place on the same contested planet at either difference places or different time frames and not dumping World PvP on the heads of lowbies?

Hence it's exactly what I said; poor MMO design as it relates to the story. The story should have been different.