Most needed: remove shuttle bays!

Catablepas

Get an SSD, load Windows and TOR on it and watch your loading time go down to almost nothing. PM with thanks later. ;)

Get an SSD and watch your back account go down. PM with lulz later. ;)

Sorry bro, but buying new hardware is not the solution to this problem. Which is the poor quality of immersion the hallways and elevators are currently providing and the time we have to go through all of them.

Edited by DeathHenk

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's important for immersion to board your ship, fly it somewhere, and then disembark. Going to an entirely different planet should be at least somewhat of an event.

They need to make this easier, though, and possibly restructure class quests that require you to travel to several different planets in quick succession.

They could simplify this greatly by doing two things:

1. To board your ship, you enter an instance directly from a hallway in the spaceport, kind of like what you have *after* you use the elevator from the fleet. Put in an angled hallway so you can't see any ships until you enter the instance. No elevator to load the private instance, just a zone boundary like with class and group quests.

Once you're in, it renders your ship and you can just walk right into it with no additional zoning.

2. Add 'call ship' to your Quick Travel. Instead of having a shuttle dispatched to pick you up, your ship comes to pick you up and you zone right onto your ship.

How exactly does walking through a giant, empty hangar with minimally animated NPCs and no other player characters add to the immersion? How does clicking on an elevator button and then, after a black screen, magically appearing on another floor add to the immersion?

The way the ships are now destroys the seamless world. There are seams everywhere in this game. If you think that immerses you more then so be it, but it could definitely be done better and you wouldn't have to give up any immersion. Nobody is asking for instant teleporting between planets.

You forgot to add IDENTCALLY laid out spaceports...really? That helps my immersion? The same firm that built the spaceport on Tatooine is the same as the one that built it on Alderaan? Same layout with a few different textures. I don't know if they are all that way, I only noticed between Tat and Ald. /facepalm c'mon art team.

They need to add A LOT more functionality to the ships, most of which have already been mentioned. Hopefully they will make the ships more useful as time goes by instead of only being the clumsy timesink they are now.

And I'll add to this, this is our own doing you know. It was the fan whining early in development that pushed Bioware even putting the ships in at launch.

Edited by stjerneodd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.