1 Day of Early Access... yay?

Jowy

Well it is sort of frustrating the come December the mainpage still advertised "Preorder NOW and you can get up to 5 days early access" when in reality if you preordered then you were never going to get 5 days.

It is misleading.

Wow.....Still people dont' get it? "UP TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". If you waited until December to "pre-order" be thankful you might get a day.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's only the 13th not the 15th it's only the 13th not the 15th it's only the 13th not the 15th

You do realize that by Thur. most pre-orders will be in right? The bulk of pre-orders was from july 21st-august 15th. After that it really tapered off. Tomorrow they'll be adding more than they did today, probably because the servers will be able to handle it no problem, Thur. they'll do the same, by that point most ppl will be on, by fri. i'm betting most if not everyone is on. Once they get past Aug. 15th pre-orders it will expand very rapidly.

^ exactly

I think the staggered start has its perks for stability etc. Kinda a risk though if it ends up flopping at full relase with respect to stability though

IMO if i was an investor in a game though id have it massed for competitions sake. WW 1sts etc. SWTOR to that regard, however, is more then a game... its star wars!

I for one though thought it was for sure 5 days early access. I know what it says now "up to five days" Kinda nifty though to see the dev/marketing team take a step away from release norms. Hope it continues. Was def an educating experience.

Gotta read the fine print in everything! Hopefully not to many firings or divorces for anyone blind or unable to read who had someone else pre order then never redeem a code etc.

-Nals

This reminds me so much of back when I played SWG, and dealt with SOE. It's almost as if the same people were running it. They talk of server overload, but what happens when all the kids get x-mas money run out buy the game install it then try to play? Why are they worried about severs crashing etc? Let them crash fix it? Wasn't that what the stress test was for? Isn't it possible that the servers might crash on say the 21, and then everyone will try to log back in at once? What then? Rolling invites? I am not complaining just asking. I ordered months ago, and due to their screw up I wasn't able to put in my code. I will do what most should do play my first 30 days then not pay a dime more.

While it is important to avoid everyone logging in at one time, BW also stated that it was important to not have everyone in one area and that was a major reason for how the early access. It gives each wave time to level up and leave the starting zone so there aren't lag spikes and 30 min queues to click a quest item.

I blame my own inability to read here. I took time off work thinking I would be playing on Dec 15 (5 days prior to launch). Feel bad wasting what few days I have available. Instead of taking off on a week long vacation I thought I would save money and enjoy SWTOR.

Whatever happens, at least I am attacking the to-do list around the house and spending some quality time with the wife and kids when they get home from work/school.

In the overall picture it matters not if I get 5 extra days to play or not, some people just get too worked up. LOL I pre-ordered only two weeks ago, and only knew about this game about a week before that. Count yourselves lucky if you got in.

Some of you have been waiting months to play, while I've only waited a few weeks. I'll manage. Just hope everything goes smoothly!

it's only the 13th not the 15th it's only the 13th not the 15th it's only the 13th not the 15th

you do realize that by thur. Most pre-orders will be in right? The bulk of pre-orders was from july 21st-august 15th. After that it really tapered off. Tomorrow they'll be adding more than they did today, probably because the servers will be able to handle it no problem, thur. They'll do the same, by that point most ppl will be on, by fri. I'm betting most if not everyone is on. Once they get past aug. 15th pre-orders it will expand very rapidly.

thank god...logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I don't get the people swearing that they're losing monies. If I put in a reserve at GameStop, they insist on a deposit of $5, which comes out of my total. I pre-ordered the SE from Origin, and found the same arrangement, only broken into two different line-items.

Everyone else is selling the SE for $60, so at the end, you're talking about two line-items for a total of $60, listed that way because it's simpler to code for them.

I'm not seeing a problem here. Nobody will wind up paying more or less than anyone else for their edition, unless there's some sort of nasty tax involved.

I agree 100%. The level of entitlement from some people in this thread astounds me.

Some people feel entitled, but you have to look at it this way there are alot of people who couldn't get their code to work, and that was %100 not their fault. So whos to blame for your code not working? Should they give those people 1 month free? Or are they just entitled to nothing for paying for a service? I look at it in a common sense kinda way. You bring your car in pay to have it fixed, and get in only to find dave has the keys. Well dave isn't around, and wont be for 5 weeks hes on vacation. What would you do sit there, and be happy? You could also look at it this way. You have your car repaired, and go to pick it up. Someone else is picking up theirs at the same time. You then pay finding out the other person had the same work done, but they not only did the same work they detailed it for him while leaving your car with filthy finger prints on the steering wheel :)

This isn't mc donalds.

We're not standing in line, and THEN paying for the game the very second we get access to it.

What we're doing, is paying for the burger 7 days in advance, and they keep pushing it back. In the end we get a 6 day old burger, one we paid for 6 days ago. All while the mc donalds restaurant in question is not even full.

Logic works both ways.

Except you ordered a game for the 20th, but they said they may get it to you up to 5 days early. Then they said "Hey we might get it to you 7 days early" and now your complaining that its two days earlier than advertised and your not in?

Also as far as I know no one has paid for anything yet except people in Europe who happened to get the game a week early in order to make sure they had boxes by the 20th for the simultaneous release date. US games release on a Tuesday due to supply deliveries but Europe releases on a Friday due to supply deliveries.

When I go to McDonalds, I pay the same amount for my big mac as the guy 3 spaces in front of me in line, but he gets his burger first. *** McDonalds, y u no fair?!

Im not mad but i would like to point out your flawed logic. The guy in front of the line is getting a Big Mac ( 7 days of early game play) while they toss me a double cheesburger ( 1 or 2 days) yet i pay the same price. . . YAY! :D

While it is important to avoid everyone logging in at one time, BW also stated that it was important to not have everyone in one area and that was a major reason for how the early access. It gives each wave time to level up and leave the starting zone so there aren't lag spikes and 30 min queues to click a quest item.

Question? What happens when everyone hits lvl cap? Do we all have to stay in different zones? If the zones are staggered, and there is only so much space for lvl 50 players what then? Will we have to log out?

If everyone was supposed to get atleast one day of early access, and people are currently flowing in faster than planned, then how much would the people in december get if it was goin as planned..? a few hours before the game actually shuts down for normal launch?

If you pre-ordered a digital version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.com billing system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting on December 16th and the official Game Product Registration Code of your digital edition will be emailed to the email address associated with your pre-order starting on December 16th at 8:00AM PST.

taken from http://www.swtor.com/PREORDER/FAQ

It clearly states that the 5$ taken has already been taken for the pre-order and that they will charge the full amount( as if you bought the legitimate game ) on the 16th....wether or not you get what you paid for in the first place.

Your missing the point. I paid five bucks just to reserve a "digital copy". They are not going to sell out of something that is not physical. I paid for early access only.

Nope, You did Bioware and EA a huge favor by putting a deposit down anyways, and improving their cash flows before the games are getting paid for. In exchange for this, they're giving you a crystal and the opportunity for some early game access, but only after they've repaid that same favor to the people who helped them out first.

taken from http://www.swtor.com/PREORDER/FAQ

It clearly states that the 5$ taken has already been taken for the pre-order and that they will charge the full amount( as if you bought the legitimate game ) on the 16th....wether or not you get what you paid for in the first place.

So if you don't get access until the 19th your basically getting ripped off?

Well if thats true might as well cancel the preorder and wait the extra day,buy it at the store on the 20th instead of waiting for best buy to send the CE on the 23 or later.But I need more facts before I cancel pre order.

Sooo you will find a CE in store on the 20th? Lemme know how that goes..Again, it has been a known fact that it was a "First come, first serve" thing since June/July when pre-orders were available (don't remember which..) Little late to complain.

Some people feel entitled, but you have to look at it this way there are alot of people who couldn't get their code to work, and that was %100 not their fault. So whos to blame for your code not working? Should they give those people 1 month free? Or are they just entitled to nothing for paying for a service?

How would bioware determine who had a faulty code? Those that put in petitions? Well then everyone would say that their code wasn't working. There is no way for Bioware to introduce this fairly.

Also I'm in the same boat. I ordered my CE from BestBuy and it took me weeks of haggling to get my code.

Edited by Lady_of_Steel

Im not mad but i would like to point out your flawed logic. The guy in front of the line is getting a Big Mac ( 7 days of early game play) while they toss me a double cheesburger ( 1 or 2 days) yet i pay the same price. . . YAY! :D

How do you have a double cheeseburger? You are getting the same product as that guy 3 spaces in front of you...you are both getting big macs..

i think everyone will be in by the 15th or 16th, stephen reid posted that they are purposely holding back servers and invites and tomorrow they will let way more people in than today and add new servers, i'm guessing they let the press in today and thats why they were stingy with invites they wanted to make things all pretty and smooth for the press people.

So if you don't get access until the 19th your basically getting ripped off?

you will have paid a service you did not receive for 4 days basically... in a sense its the same as the guy saying ill fix your sink tomorrow but you have to pay me first :)

The only thing thats 100% clear from the FAQ is come december 16th you will be 54.99 poorer wether you play the game or not.

Edited by myrmexaw

How do you have a double cheeseburger? You are getting the same product as that guy 3 spaces in front of you...you are both getting big macs..

his big mac is smaller tho.

it just irks me that the main pages says that fans of star wars who pre ordered can now begin playing, stretch the truth much BW, you gotta work on symantecs

Edited by fishboyy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.