The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ion Cylinder...

ViskarNogame

I am finally leveling my PowerTech while my leveling partners are gone, and I'm a tank - I'm wondering... WITH The original cylinder you get (The DoT one) I have a lot of issues ever actually being able to RailShot, but next level I my tanking Cylinder - Then I won't even have that DoT. Most people say they use Rail Shot on CD But I'm wondering how? Is there an ability that counts as a DoT I'm not thinking of? I think the AE Rocket counts as one while it's active....

I think there is something in a spec that makes your rocket punch trigger rail shot for a brief time.

Yep, you're right. I'm stupid.

It makes it so when you Rocket Punch it'll 100% proc your cylinder, and also makes it so when your cylinder procs it puts a DoT up. I.E. 24/7 DoT.

Thanks.

Yep, you're right. I'm stupid.

It makes it so when you Rocket Punch it'll 100% proc your cylinder, and also makes it so when your cylinder procs it puts a DoT up. I.E. 24/7 DoT.

Thanks.

Np man. I was not 100% sure as I have been playing a smuggler to past 30 and recently realized the empire is better and went BH so I am only in my low teens XD

glad I could help tho!

Ion Gas Cylinder puts additional, puny dot on your enemy, that's for using Rail Shot I think.

So, better answer me this: If we keep dot on the enemy for 99% of the fight, and other party members sure have own dots, why the hell does Rail Shot need it to be active?

I NEVER have problem with using it, enemy always have some effect allowing me to use it, even if it's dot from Mako (I don't have my second companion yet, really badly designed progression, as you gain him on Tatooine).