DaoC RvR

SeloDaoC

DAOC rvr was fantastic! I left not long after TOA but kept popping back over the years when the latest MMORG attempts at pvp got stale!

Loved the community back then to - was on Kay server - rolling around on my Minstrel :-)

Kantrell from the Kay server? Ever play in order of the rose croix? :o

I should have read before getting all excited lmao... it is you!

Prop the Sorcerer here, or Proppa hte Paladin, Infernalus the wizard.... etc etc!

Edited by Proppa

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow so your group just stands there all packed together and let the guy cast aoe mezz?

looks like a L2P issue to me.

again you never heard of this ability called amnesia? there is a single cast and aoe cast for it on every realm.

guess you are just mad cause you got farmed all day long.

LOL you really havent played DAOC that much I can tell....you definitely dont know pre TOA that well either...

you keep arguinig otherwise... you already showed me you have no idea but this comment here.

I dont need to repeat myself since you have already shown you have trouble reading.

so in your perfect world.. you dont travel around.. you stand around spread out...

TOO FUNNY... i guess you didnt use skalds bards or minstrels...

whatever, you keep tossing around the prefab statements...

Speed 6 for the win, but if you pan and your in vent, as soon as you hear "inc" you all spread out. Maybe your server was behind the trend here.

But, again they could have learnt from the current DAOC. Where it's had 10 years of balancing. .....

Lurikeen Hero 4tw!!! lol.

Yes, Radar was awful for a short while. But the worst offender's were banned.

Now, there is no Radar and no need for it.

What hack's are there now? Apart from the occasional speed hack, which does no massive harm?

I've farmed RP's, sit inside a keep just AE'ing eveyrthing on my Wizard. Or Buff Shearing everything on my Shaman and just disease/kite away.

Spread out on inc and CC wasn't a problem.

Healer... insta aoe mezz... ftw

P.S. no the guild i was in used it religiously.. they knew when a group was roaming around... they would make sure to go around and get the first strike... in other words you did NOT have time to spread out... because they designated the time of engagement.... This was not always the case.. im talking about the GOOD GUILDS on our servers...

what i say was not an ALWAYS THING... so dont get confused....when faced against equals or given time.. that is a different situation...

im talking about what we would face when we are talking about some of these other guilds that were good. You didnt see them till they turned the corner on you and by then you were mezzed.

Edited by Safgril

Kantrell from the Kay server? Ever play in order of the rose croix? :o

I should have read before getting all excited lmao... it is you!

Prop the Sorcerer here, or Proppa hte Paladin, Infernalus the wizard.... etc etc!

Haha yeah thats me! ooh Prop shout-out - I feel famous!

*wave*

Ill send you a pm :D

QQQ

looks like you didn't know how daoc pvp worked at all (even after so many years)

i bet i farmed you plenty of times while you stood there raging in chat how op organized groups are.

don't be so mad

beeing below average (which you clearly are given that you don't know the basics of 8vs8 fights) is still ok, people like you given me pleanty of realm points and fun

thanks for playing

Edited by Sheneria

Haha, I loved it when someone AE Mezzed my group, was a blessing since it gave immunity and only last a few seconds, especially with Determination.

Any more fail-tactics you care to share?

EDIT: Not to mention, healers, bards, and sorcs had it... all three realms...

Edited by Fachet

Insta AE Mez which lasted about 20 seconds after resists at best? Which also had a 10 minute re-use? Sorc's had 2k range on their mez, healers had 1500?

/shakes head... back then if you cast mezz on people and recast it only cut it down half.. so insta to stop them from reacting... then you casted longer mezz after they are all standing there... which lasted 45 seconds.. then aoe stun a section.. they would take them out...... then aoe stun the next...and that is how a good 8 man worked lowbies in RR

looks like you didn't know how daoc pvp worked at all (even after so many years)

i bet i farmed you plenty of times while you stood there raging in chat how op organized groups are.

don't be so mad

beeing below average (which you clearly are given that you don't know the basics of 8vs8 fights) is still ok, people like you given me pleanty of realm points and fun

thanks for playing

LOL still trying?

i was the 8 man.. and im telling how we did it... who said I was on the receiving end? And im telling you how sick it was to be higher RR to a lowbie and easy. assume... makes an A S S out of U and ME.

oh and another im leet person.... face the facts... daoc had its flaws... if you didnt see it then you are blinded by your own fanboyism. I loved daoc but it was no all rosed color glass like people make it to be.

plain and simple. by denying its own problems saying it was perfect makes you no better then the players who come here to SWTOR about WOW.

Been on the first raid on the EU servers, led by Pesti, I think.

My bad rig back then gave me up to 5 seconds per frame. but the abilities fired on time as the combat log did show perfectly fine afterwards. :)

I was the first or second master smith for midgard once the recipies had been fixed.

We could never find out who was the first to hit the magic number.

DF was my second home. :)

So you are talking about pre Immunity Timers? Where if you were mez'd and it lasts 20 seconds, you couldn't have mez reapplied for atleast another minute.

You must have played for such a short time.....

I'm refering to DAOC as a hole, no the first 8 month's of it's release. The RvR now is second to none and it's why I will probably return there shortly due to getting bored with SWTOR's PvP. Yes, it had problems but it wasn't insurpassable....

Edited by Proppa

LOL still trying?

i was the 8 man.. and im telling how we did it... who said I was on the receiving end? And im telling you how sick it was to be higher RR to a lowbie and easy. assume... makes an A S S out of U and ME.

oh and another im leet person.... face the facts... daoc had its flaws... if you didnt see it then you are blinded by your own fanboyism. I loved daoc but it was no all rosed color glass like people make it to be.

plain and simple. by denying its own problems saying it was perfect makes you no better then the players who come here to SWTOR about WOW.

give up no ones belives your daydream storys and noob fail tactics.

So you are talking about pre Immunity Timers? Where if you were mez'd and it lasts 20 seconds, you couldn't have mez reapplied for atleast another minute.

You must have played for such a short time.....

I'm refering to DAOC as a hole, no the first 8 month's of it's release. The RvR now is second to none and it's why I will probably return there shortly due to getting bored with SWTOR's PvP. Yes, it had problems but it wasn't insurpassable....

i told you we were talking pre TOA... it was before all that crap... when max RR was 10.. not 13... and i know what you are talking about with the immunity timers. I am talking about the era where there was only 3 BGs... thidranki... cale and crap the higher levle one cant remember... never really played it just leveled straight to 50 after cale..

I played before BG's were even thought of and I was the one who said people should just come straight to big boy RvR ;).

But before NF, the majority of the fights existed around the mile gates. Yes, I remember Smite Clerics killing full groups (Angelfury of Kay, Kantrell can back me up there) would just run in, PBAE mez, stun then smite them all to death.

But my point, is the game evolved it realised these problems and dealt with them. Why other MMO's can't learn from the way DAOC is now.... is what I'm getting at.

The Combat system, RvR system, class balance, through to immunity timers, diminishing returns etc all make DAOC great.

The fact that the game had 3 factions, with 15 classes per faction and be able to maintain any kind of balance, to me means they did it right. Games with what, 8 classes across 2 factions which are duplicates can't get it right......

I played before BG's were even thought of and I was the one who said people should just come straight to big boy RvR ;).

But before NF, the majority of the fights existed around the mile gates. Yes, I remember Smite Clerics killing full groups (Angelfury of Kay, Kantrell can back me up there) would just run in, PBAE mez, stun then smite them all to death.

But my point, is the game evolved it realised these problems and dealt with them. Why other MMO's can't learn from the way DAOC is now.... is what I'm getting at.

The Combat system, RvR system, class balance, through to immunity timers, diminishing returns etc all make DAOC great.

The fact that the game had 3 factions, with 15 classes per faction and be able to maintain any kind of balance, to me means they did it right. Games with what, 8 classes across 2 factions which are duplicates can't get it right......

yeah you are right but mythic screwed up making it gear based... doing TOA... I liked it how they made you buy crafted gear and spec it out was much better before TOA...

if you forget that much go play uthgard.... you will see what it was like PRE TOA... its actually pre SI...

love your comeback... im weeping

sure go to uthgard herald and search my name there you will find out that im already present on this freeshard with my ranger.

along with some of my other toons a 50 healer 50 shaman and 50 sb.

also its not pre toa since it has new ras without toa hp pool leaving viper 3 sins and melee ranger pretty OP just saying.

guess you just got ownd

Edited by Sheneria

Well, It's not like every slot had to be filled with artifacts.

Again, they realised the error of their ways and you can get Artifacts super easy, or you don't have to use them at all. They realised that people who played DAOC didn't want to focus on PvE/Gear and that their trump card was PvP.

sure go to uthgard herald and search my name there you will find out that im already present on this freeshard with my ranger.

along with some of my other toons a 50 healer 50 shaman and 50 sb.

also its not pre toa since it has new ras without toa hp pool leaving viper 3 sins and melee ranger pretty OP just saying.

guess you just got ownd

LOL whatever you say...

if you feel like you have to "win" LOL

you still denied the fact of 8 mans back then and the insane soloers that had their own websites back then... I dont need to discuss anything further with you after that... tells me you dont have a clue.