The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS Sorcerer / Sage needs a hard nerf

dexvx

One of the squishiest classes does a lot of sustained damage, but has no burst.

Nerf it!

Also, some of the best CC and mobility.

Instant Force Speed

Instant Dispels

Instant Force Stun

Instant Force Lift

Instant Sever Force Snare

Instant Force Slow

Instant Bubble for you or teammates

Instant Ranged Interupt

3 instant DoTs through the use of talents

Instant channeled damage that slows players by 50%. Spammable.

Instant Project

And for the grande finale 1600 crit Disturbance with a end of cooldown 2800 crit Force of Power using Force Potency is considered burst if you didn't know. Tack on a force Project at the end and get a lucky 24% chance to crit with a double rock and you have an addional 1400-2000 instant damage on that next cooldown.

Edited by hoylejeremy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instant Force Speed

Instant Dispels

Instant Force Stun

Instant Force Lift

Instant Force Slow

Instant Ranged Interupt

Instant Project

And for the grande finale 1600 crit Disturbance with a end of cooldown 2800 crit Force of Power using Force Potency is considered burst if you didn't know. Tack on a force Project at the end and get a lucky 24% chance to crit with a double rock and you have an addional 1400-2000 instant damage on that next cooldown.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. All of this possible with the 200 talent points available to all Sages/Sorcerers an no other class. You, sir, fail.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. All of this possible with the 200 talent points available to all Sages/Sorcerers an no other class. You, sir, fail.

This is what a Balance Sage has.

I'll list the skills for you since you are too lazy to do it yourself.

Instant Force Speed - This comes natural

Instant Dispels - This comes natural

Instant Force Stun - This comes natural. 4 seconds.

Instant Force Lift - This comes in the balance tree. 2 points. 8 seconds.

Instant Sever Force Snare - This is the last skill in the Balance tree called Sever Force. 2 Second snare.

Instant Force Slow - This comes natural.

Instant Bubble for you or teammates - This comes natural.

Instant Ranged Interupt - This comes natural.

3 instant DoTs through the use of talents - Weaken Mind and Sever Force are instant. Mind Crush can become instant if telekinetic force makes it proc. This skill is in the balance tree.

Instant channeled damage that slows players by 50%. Spammable. - This skill comes natural.

Instant Project - This skill comes natural.

And for the rest, it is obvious that it comes natural. I'm sorry you are too ignorant of sages to understand that these are indeed Sage skills.

And for that sir, you fail. And um... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - or whatever childish thing you want me to put there to get you back for doing it to me.

Edited by hoylejeremy

This.

The damage output of those Sorcerers is really not impressive at all.

What...

You have no clue how long the match lasted. They could have run up 6 points extremely fast while rolling over them. That would mean that the damage would be lower because there jsut wasn't enough time.

I think his point was that Sorcerers and Sages tend to be tops and there tends to be a lot of them. That picture doesn't prove anything.

Either way, I get like 400k in some WZs as a Sage. That seems to be a solid amount. Most of the time I sit at like 230k to 350k.

Edited by hoylejeremy

Instant Force Speed

Instant Dispels

Instant Force Stun

Instant Force Lift

Instant Force Slow

Instant Ranged Interupt

Instant Project

Wow. Would ya look at that. A class has instant casts. Magical! But riddle me this good sir: doesn't the squishiest class deserve good mobility?

you can literally kill anyone within the duration of your stun (which is about 3 GCD's) .

Trash.

Sorcs have the least burst damage in the game of dps classes.

Next lie please.

Edited by Ashnazg

Wow. Would ya look at that. A class has instant casts. Magical! But riddle me this good sir: doesn't the squishiest class deserve good mobility?

Not to this extent, no. Especially since you just plain shouldn't be taking any melee damage at all ever. Pop a bubble. Instant force stun. Instant Force Lift. Wait for snair and then force speed. Pop a slow on him. Pop a snare on him. So many options.

Its just way to easy to completely take someone out of the game to the point where you just ignore them while yo focus something else and then turn back on him during a safer moment.

Actually, I love the class in its current state and wouldn't mind if they never nerfed it. IF this game did have arenas, I don't think I'd ever enter one without a sage or sorc. They have too much awesome at the moment.

Edit: And please remember, I was replying directly to your claim that they don't have burst. I have a ton of burst using the cooldown with disturbance/force of power. You and that video in the other thread fail pretty hard at recognizing their potential burst. I'm not sure why you guys refuse to see a 4k - 6k burst within the space of 1 cast and 2 globals.

ForcePotency hit at same time as disturbance. Back end it with Force of Nature. Telekinetic throw at the end of cooldown. That is straight burst and I use it a lot.

Edited by hoylejeremy

Everything is overpowered, nerf everything and nothing at the same time..

Okay for real, I play a Sith Marauder, I'm currently level 49 and I do plenty of damage, even if I do feel a little bit squishy sometimes but I don't feel weak at all, not against sorcerers or otherwise.

The reason you get your *** kicked and the opponents have sorcerers is because you don't have any.. And that sucks because sorcerers are really important in PvP as support in healing and crowd control, but every PvP team needs to consist of something balanced and above all.. Work together to win rather than just fighting like a raging bull.

If you have a team that works well together against a team full of people that scurry around, you'll win every time. Now stop talking about everything that's overpowered and learn how to play the bloody game!

This is coming from a 50 Sith Sorcerer.

The DPS tree does far too much damage in relation to the utility that the class has. With full epic PvP gear, you can literally kill anyone within the duration of your stun (which is about 3 GCD's)

And this is your problem, the game has been out 2 weeks and you have full epic pvp gear at 50? Have you run into a tank in full epic gear at 50? Because you can run around and kill a bunch of bolstered level 15's does not make you OP.

And please remember, I was replying directly to your claim that they don't have burst. I have a ton of burst using the cooldown with disturbance/force of power. You and that video in the other thread fail pretty hard at recognizing their potential burst. I'm not sure why you guys refuse to see a 4k - 6k burst within the space of 1 cast and 2 globals.

What is this Force of Power ability you speak of? I'm curious. I must not have bought it because it's not among my ability page. A Disturbance crit does ~1.3k damage. So this Force of Power ability must have a damage potential of almost 5k. That's incredible. My highest damage dealer, Force in Balance, has only ever crit for 2.6k.

Let's say this "Force of Power" nuke does exist, which it doesn't. A Merc can do 6k with one ability. That's LESS than this magical Force of Power 5k nuke, and the Merc can do this while being infinitely more tanky than the Sage. Granted, it's not an instant cast, but neither is this Force of Power ability. Or is it? I really have no idea, considering you made it up. The burst that the Sage has is dwarfed in comparison to other classes. A marauder hit my Sage for more than 4k the other day. This is a melee class which everyone agrees is underpowered, yet, it has more ranged burst than my ranged class.

seems like an issue with the overall design of the class. If you keybind your entire keyboard to your force lightning icon and manage to **** face in a warzone then that means the dev's made a really crap class with no depth. Edited by Mizeri

Not to this extent, no. Especially since you just plain shouldn't be taking any melee damage at all ever. Pop a bubble. Instant force stun. Instant Force Lift. Wait for snair and then force speed. Pop a slow on him. Pop a snare on him. So many options.

Its just way to easy to completely take someone out of the game to the point where you just ignore them while yo focus something else and then turn back on him during a safer moment.

Actually, I love the class in its current state and wouldn't mind if they never nerfed it. IF this game did have arenas, I don't think I'd ever enter one without a sage or sorc. They have too much awesome at the moment.

Edit: And please remember, I was replying directly to your claim that they don't have burst. I have a ton of burst using the cooldown with disturbance/force of power. You and that video in the other thread fail pretty hard at recognizing their potential burst. I'm not sure why you guys refuse to see a 4k - 6k burst within the space of 1 cast and 2 globals.

ForcePotency hit at same time as disturbance. Back end it with Force of Nature. Telekinetic throw at the end of cooldown. That is straight burst and I use it a lot.

Gotta love the force of nature and wasting force potency on a disturbance. Someones not a sorc or sage.

I dont think is time yet to call for any nerfs!people still need to gear upand stabilize a good pool of seasoned 50'pvpers to see how things actually work!

Sorc/sages have much utility but their dmg output isnt so high even while free casting,let alone having to kite/move to more advantaged positions!

One more thing i believe that is important, is that balance is counted in a team perspective(again ,i believe),with active guards and heals!If we start nerfing now,when 50"s with expertise and guard start running around organised well,will feel like godmode!Been in a game that worked with these kind of utilities and i can asure you that no matter how dmg the rest can dish out,a well picked up group can make you spawn in a different mmo

Edited by tsupra

Instant Force Speed

Instant Dispels

Instant Force Stun

Instant Force Lift

Instant Force Slow

Instant Ranged Interupt

Instant Project

This person just said that 4000 damage in 2 gcds is burst, in the same game where multiple classes can do 8-9k in 2gcds, and where 4000 is not even 30% of peoples health.

Edited by CHRISGG

This person just said that 4000 damage in 2 gcds is burst, in the same game where multiple classes can do 8-9k in 2gcds, and where 4000 is not even 30% of peoples health.

Actually, that is 4400 guaranteed plus another 1000 - 1600 depending on crits and procs of Project. That is 5400 - 7000.

And what class 2 globals for 8/9k please? Show me how it is done since I know you are spouting a big pile of ********.

Actually, that is 4400 guaranteed plus another 1000 - 1600 depending on crits and procs of Project. That is 5400 - 7000.

And what class 2 globals for 8/9k please? Show me how it is done since I know you are spouting a big pile of ********.

On my scoundrel I can pretty easily see shoot first for 6k (has hit for 7k with all buffs/timers going), then 3.5k back blast (has hit for 4300 with all buffs/timers) with a ~58% chance to crit on each. Guardians with a focus spec can crit upwards of 7k with force sweep AOE and follow it up with their execute or blade storm. A gunslinger can throw a sabo charge on you followed by ambush > insta charged burst and do ~9k dmg in 2 GCDs. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Edited by Kutsus