THIS day will SCAR BIOWARE

badjezus

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH... This is the smartest MMO RPG launch i have known about...

People like OP are tards that do not understand the fact that this EA is a BONUS... Launch date of the game is the 20th... And if they want to Give away invites on the 19th then that would be their decision and it would be perfectly fine.

Just be grateful u will get to play a couple days earlier.

I hate to say it. I really can't feel sorry for Bioware. They have the power to let everyone play right now without incident and RIGHT NOW stop all the complaining. They choose to continue with these "waves" which we all understand as not necessary at this point and so people complain. A good buisiness makes its customers happy. They have the abillity to do this right now and they choose not to. So I have a hard time sympathizing with them.

Whoever says this will not hurt Bio wares reputation is a little kid that should go to bed.

I cancelled Mass Effect 3 because i could not get on. I was told specifically the 13th in a email

would be when they opened up the game. They never said they were going to only let a small amount in the first day and then go home early.

FRONT PAGE: Get u to 7 days early access

All they had to do is this when i was about to or when i did order: "Your ordered in Dec, you may not get in till the 3 - 4 days prior to release" How hard is that? Now i know, and everything is fine.

Instead im checking my email and thinking about it 24/7 not know anything like a f'ing *******.

So I'm trying to figure out where people were confused when Bioware first announced the Early Access that it was going to be a staggered launch meaning you COULD play up to 5 days early but it was not a set thing. They specifically said if I remember right that the earlier you preordered the better. So....if you didn't preorder earlier, yeah you didn't get the bonus time, who cares? They aren't breaking a promise, there never was a set promise of 5 days of early access.

I think the problem is that EA/Bioware still advertised "Up to 5/7 days early" when by December 8th when I preordered, they should have known, based on their formula/system, that there would be no chance at all for me to get in 5/7 days early.

That is a valid argument. They knew since July preorders that there no way any of would get in day 1. I mean, only July preorders got in day 1 of Early Access, they had to have known this from the end of July onward, yet they continued to market Early Access this way.

Classic bait and switch. It wouldn't surprise me if Bioware was sued for this. I for one will be happily playing Friday, but it is fun to debate while I wait.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

DeathKorps does not understand, why do people love to b*tch about things they are given for free? Bioware gave players early access as bonus for pre-ordering. Dry your tears cry baby, everything will be fine, DeathKorps promises.

I think the problem is that EA/Bioware still advertised "Up to 5/7 days early" when by December 8th when I preordered, they should have known, based on their formula/system, that there would be no chance at all for me to get in 5/7 days early.

That is a valid argument. They knew since July preorders that there no way any of would get in day 1. I mean, only July preorders got in day 1 of Early Access, they had to have known this from the end of July onward, yet they continued to market Early Access this way.

Classic bait and switch. It wouldn't surprise me if Bioware was sued for this. I for one will be happily playing Friday, but it is fun to debate while I wait.

Clearly though your own answer is in your statement. This one word disarms all the nerd rage... "Up to"

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

aaaaaaaaand if they like the game....

They'll get over it

DeathKorps does not understand, why do people love to b*tch about things they are given for free? Bioware gave players early access as bonus for pre-ordering. Dry your tears cry baby, everything will be fine, DeathKorps promises.

You tell em DeathKorps

I'm pretty sure that the "up to 5 days" of EGA doesn't start until tomorrow. The EGA going now is a BONUS, as in extra, as in beyond what anyone was promised and better! Furthermore, it says UP TO meaning that obviously not everyone will get all of it, otherwise it would be "Guaranteed 5 Full Days" of EGA. That, it was not.

As it looks now, everyone who has already ordered seems to be looking at getting on within the next two days. What could there possibly be to complain about?

I'm pretty sure that the "up to 5 days" of EGA doesn't start until tomorrow. The EGA going now is a BONUS, as in extra, as in beyond what anyone was promised and better! Furthermore, it says UP TO meaning that obviously not everyone will get all of it, otherwise it would be "Guaranteed 5 Full Days" of EGA. That, it was not.

As it looks now, everyone who has already ordered seems to be looking at getting on within the next two days. What could there possibly be to complain about?

Yeah - I redeemed my preorder code on 4th August - I expected that I might get only 2-3 days of EA at best.

But I got in this morning, giving me 6 days of EA.

Upset, I am not.

Edit: Of course, I'm stuck here at work for now, posting nearly meaningless drivel on the SWTOR forums in a vain attempt at assuaging my desire to be playing the game.

BUT I WILL RETURN!!!111

Edited by Riftmaster

Hello all.

I actually agree about it we all have paid the price for a game that others have access only is a disgrace, I think, but again they promised 5 days time we shall see, but you just can not make a difference between people when one has paid the same.

Edited by Smovs

Don't assume you speak for everyone.

That's all.

Hello all.

I actually agree about it we all have paid the price for a game that others have access only is a disgrace, I think, but again they promised 5 days time we shall see, but you just can not make a difference between people when one has paid the same.

You missed 2 words bro UP TO, it means at most, best case scenario, maximum. If you need any further descriptors, I can look them up for you ;)

How about next time a game is released, they just let everyone all log in at once without testing the server integrity. When the servers are down for 24-72 hours for emergency maintenance because they didn't plan ahead, then all of these entitled little *****es can actually start crying.

I seriously hope you don't play, because if somebody were to slap the lunchbox out of your hands you would probably cry on the forums too.