THIS day will SCAR BIOWARE

badjezus

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

A: No

B: Game doesn't launch until the 20th

C: We'll all be in by the 15th

After evaluating your post I have come to the conclusion you're still going to play the game. You will still sub, buy Bioware games, and forget about this whole thing by Friday. Get some sleep kid, you need it.

I just love it when people complain and throw temper tantrums because they don't get what they what, when they want it. It is just a game after all, you will still be able to play it. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it say on the site that "You MAY play up to 5 days early" It is not a 100% guarantee. I think Bio/EA is making a smart move by doing this. That is my 2cents.

I remember LOTRO and Rift's launches and they were pretty much flawless, with no staggering.

The staggering was achieved by over long que times. I would much rather wait a day to log in to the game rather than sit in que all day.

Honestly, those willing to wait should be allowed to wait longer (cuz they obviously don't mind and feel like everyone else shouldn't either) and those who are obviously not willing to wait and continually complain about the waiting should be given access in the next wave of emails.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

Boohoo?

I seriously doubt that a single person will even remember launch in a months time.

Look at WoW ( I hate to bring it up ). The launch was terrible. It was by far the WORST ( next to Aion ) launch I have ever experienced. They're on their 4th *successful* ( It's a horrible one, but no doubt it will sell ) expansion.

All I can really say, is in the long run, I think Bioware did make a good decision, and tried to make up to players by letting in the 5th wave of people yesterday, when only 4 were planned.

Edited by Lucaha

No it won't. As soon as people can play they won't care, that's how this works.

Not true really. People remember and still talk about problems games had around launch 10+ years ago. People to this day bring up EverQuest, Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, etc

SWG NGE happened years ago and people still throw a fit over it like it happened yesterday.

People will be talking about this for months to even years.

Not true really. People remember and still talk about problems games had around launch 10+ years ago. People to this day bring up EverQuest, Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, etc

SWG NGE happened years ago and people still throw a fit over it like it happened yesterday.

People will be talking about this for months to even years.

+1 atleast i learned not to buy custom editions from ea/bioware ... lesson to remember for years to come.

The staggering was achieved by over long que times. I would much rather wait a day to log in to the game rather than sit in que all day.

NO! no i wouldnt.....you know for a fact you dont even believe in this....go away....everyone would rather wait in a que for hours than wait days for a que......

The only complaint I have at all is the lack of communication regarding individual access times. It would have saved a lot of the drama that went down today if people weren't sitting expectantly at their computers. Even though I knew I wasn't getting in today (should be right in the middle of the pack based on sales numbers and dates) there was still that small glimmer of hope they would really push it hard and have most of us in by evening. When they posted they were stopping waves that kind of irked me.

Otherwise they are doing a solid job and have adjusted the plans quite extensively to add EA time in response to people that didn't read the fine print. BioWare has done a great job in responding to fan and tester feedback from everything I have seen and are catching a ton of undeserved criticism and rage. The truth is that the uproar by the people stuck at the gate looking in is proof that this game is launching as a quality product, almost anybody that wanted to has had a chance to play the game and they can't wait to get logged in permanently.

I am not a computer or tech guy by any means and won't claim to know anything more than the most basic processes of how the internet and servers work. I will take BioWare's word that this launch plan will enhance the short and long term quality of the servers, in both seeding population and loading the servers properly. This game has launch numbers unlike any MMORPG before and they are handling it smoothly, no matter antsy any of us feel (and I am) or how slow the clock moves.

Theres already mass news reports from websites about how angry customers are about the launch.....it doesnt make them look good

No there isn't... I havn't seen anything on CNN or similar...

Gaming news sites, are not real mass news.

Besides, gamers know that gamers whine. And minorities whine together. No one cares, really.

Having heeadlines like "Gamers whine, staggered launch", are much much better than "Servers crash at launch. Egg on face".

Edited by DesleDarksyde