Star Wars the old Republic is simply not ready for prime time.

Fodiddle

I've waited several years and I am just glad to have it to play now. It is far from the broken state you and others are trying to make it to be. Sure there are issues but it will take time to address them all.

Would you rather be sitting there waiing for the game to release or playing with a few minor bugs? Game isn't even 11 days out from official release.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only so much testing that can be done with software as complex as a mmo/game. Eventually you just need to release it.

That being said there is no way to catch/predict every bug that could possibly arise when going from a beta test server to a live server with thousands more people.

As to the priority, not all bugs/glitches are easy to fix, first they need to be able to reproduce the bug, then figure out exactly which line of code (among millions) has the problem and fix it, while at the same time, ensuring that fixing the said line won't affect lines of code else where in the program. This is a never ending, thankless job.

I agree to a point.

The problem is, they were made aware of these issues months ago from testers and as I feared, we are still dealing with them as paying customers. Some issues take time yes, but there are MANY issues in the release candidate that could/should have been squashed 3 clients ago.

My concern is, are they listening? I see alot of self patting on the back from Bioware/EA right now in the media concerning the HUGE success of SWTOR's launch, but what I do not see are real improvements being made to the client.

Adding baby names to the credits(post launch patch) is just insulting to folks who cannot enjoy the game or move forward in their class progression at this point.

No one can “tell” you that nor justify if its "worthy" for you. It is a decision that you have to make yourself. Why pretend as if you don't understand such a fundamental thing?

Jeez for someone who likes to call other people trolls your trying to do alot of shouting down, let the man have his opinion, since alot of people agree then it has genuine basis.

If you dont like it, go play the game ;)

Very likely yes, SWTOR is the pinnacle of what a company will invest, I expect.

Probably, and it's a shame for the mmo genre that players keep holding their candles to WoW, when some mmo's have had the potential to be so much more than they were given continual profits and development.

Sadly, our greed for instant gratification demands an instant WoW-killer straight off the shelf, and that's probably totally impossible, given that no developer could ever hope to secure enough investment to produce such a game without having made the profits to do so.

Edited by shootist

Jeez for someone who likes to call other people trolls your trying to do alot of shouting down, let the man have his opinion, since alot of people agree then it has genuine basis.

If you dont like it, go play the game ;)

Off the horse please. If you can't handle a rebuttal to a point on a forum then get off the internet. Sure, people are entitled to their points of view and he stated it. There are no docile 'Yes men' loitering in obscurity 'round these parts. You make a post expect a response.

I also challenge you to find one example where I referred to someone as being a "troll."

Edited by Solar

Well then, here's an idea: all those who firmly believe the game isn't finished, cancel your subscriptions and return your copies and then come back when you think the game does meet your stupidly high expectations in about a years' time.

This makes it easier for you to not have this huge amount of stress to deal with, and the rest of us for not having to deal with all the whinging.

An MMO needs a community to survive and people like you are openly telling people to ****. You are killing the game that you "love" so much.

Sorry for having some standards, bud. I happen to value my money more than you I guess.

some standards. since you bought the game without waiting to see how the launch went and im guessing your going to pay up to play.

and if not then why grief everyone about it....oh thats because hundreds of thousand of players dont feel as anal about things as you do.

may your special snowflake never melt.

age of conan

dc universe

everquest

everquest 2

aion

even frig'n vanguard are all still alive. even in a worst case scenario the old republic is here to stay.

so how much does blizzard pay to troll forums these days

Too many bugs creeping up.

Dont even bother to force jump in Esselees mission. you all fall down into soething ghastly - have to do some crazy tricks to get the group back again.

No AA support. The game looks like a mish mash of jaggies - and terrific worlds like Coruscant are seriously not worth gawking at without AA support.

the social conversations are still laggy - ive had to wait for 3 mins sometimes afore a slow connection groupie makes convo.

60 bucks (Excluding tax) + 14.99 is just not worth it!! Why the hell do we even have to pay for the game? Eve doesnt charge a dime for it. just the monthly sub

Edited by LordDrakanor

I am not employed by, nor do I in any way represent Blizzard Entertainment™

Haha, wow. Now we see what your true colors are - literally.

Seriously though Shady, do you just sit in the forums all day refreshing the page waiting for a thread that's even the least bit negative?

You can say yes, it's ok.

EA Management: If we don't fix things, do we still get our 60 bucks?

Lawyers: Yes.

EA Management: [Looks at BioWare]

EA Management: Lay off some Devs.

EA Management: ... and the customer support.

Lawyers: if we require the subscription to play, some of them will forget to cancel in time, and we'll make even more money.

EA Management: Make it so

EA Management: If we don't fix things, do we still get our 60 bucks?

Lawyers: Yes.

EA Management: [Looks at BioWare]

EA Management: Lay off some Devs.

EA Management: ... and the customer support.

Lawyers: if we require the subscription to play, some of them will forget to cancel in time, and we'll make even more money.

EA Management: Make it so

If people are so dissatisfied with the game, they won't forget to unsub.

I love the people who are paid trolls for BW/EA. As if, for some reason, they should not be held up to any scrutiny.

If you don't want to hear the naysayers constructive criticism to hopefully get a respone from the developers then DON'T READ THE POST!

I'll be honest, if the devs would just delete your "I love BW" posts for once and just answer one of our requests; heck just give me a date as to when they'll fix the UI, I'll be content for a couple of months... And I'm sure most people would agree.

I love the people who are paid trolls for BW/EA. As if, for some reason, they should not be held up to any scrutiny.

If you don't want to hear the naysayers constructive criticism to hopefully get a respone from the developers then DON'T READ THE POST!

I'll be honest, if the devs would just delete your "I love BW" posts for once and just answer one of our requests; heck just give me a date as to when they'll fix the UI, I'll be content for a couple of months... And I'm sure most people would agree.

I still don't see the problem with the UI, seems fine to me..

The apologists on this forum are a bunch of shills. You guys need to step back a little and look at SWTOR in the context of THE CURRENT GENERATION of MMO games.

Burying your head in the sand isn't the way to help the game progress. We're seeing issues that have been talked about at length for the last 5 rounds of testing still present. That coupled with a glaring lack of current gen MMO features (UI customization, Dual Spec, GTN Search) make the title seem antiquated and clunky at best and downright terrible at worst.

The setting is nice, the environments are good as is the voice acting. The main problem is that in terms of PURE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, SWTOR isn't up to the standards of the 3 biggest titles on the market (WOW, RIFT, LOTRO).

This is a nice diversion for the moment and until BW demonstrates they are serious about bringing their game systems up to standards that have been present in the genre for the last few years, a diversion is all this game is going to be.

2.0 needs to come and soon.

Edited by Blegvad

21 days and counting, If Shaky is still posting he is a paid troll.

He is a paid troll, all he has ever done is bash this game.

This game is in all honestly the smoothest launch of any mmo. People seems to forget bugs are a part of gaming, I was playing Skyrim the other day and my mages faces had disappeared. You know, so what, its not game breaking and people who say you can compare a game that has had years of polish (WoW) to a game that is just released are clueless to the process of game development. Or just about any new product.

Edited by Syithumis

The apologists on this forum are a bunch of shills. You guys need to step back a little and look at SWTOR in the context of THE CURRENT GENERATION of MMO games.

I look at it in the context of my own enjoyment. I am enjoying it. I have met no serious bugs in over 5 total days of play time (/played tally) and while yes there are SOME things that aren't perfect you guys are just out of your minds whining.

Given the amount of content the polish exhibited at launch is pretty impressive. This 'compare it to the rest of the market' BS is just that. You can't expect them to launch a game this big and not have bugs. And whats more you can't say they're cheating you if you played beta, were aware of the current level of polish and paid anyway.

The whiners are incredible, especially the ones who appear to have more time to whine than play the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.