Nanofail AOE heal

OuroborosX

Guys im having trouble finding an actual use for this spell.

Kolto probes on MT and spamming injection+surgical probe is more than enough to keeps tanks alive. And if anyone else gets hurt, you always have the time to get off one inject+surgical on that player to burst heal him up between the tank.

Even for "multi healing" inject + surgical and good use of kolto probes is great. When I got recuperative nanotech ive used it so many times just for the sake of using/trying it. Result? Horrible.

It has horrible healing. It requires 30 energy, meaning you most probably are gonna fall beneath the 5 energy regen point and it only has 10 meters range.

So far Ive found this heal utterly useless. Adding it to any rotation or situation - even when multiple people are losing hp - inject + surgical + kolto probes are superior.

There is a saying that goes "If it isnt broken dont fix it", and so far Im having NO PROBLEMS healing as operative - but im trying hard to find excuses for ever using nanotech talent. Healing 200-300 every few seconds - I mean comon.

This talents need a buff - or to be replaced.

Think of it as freedom to put points in other trees. If the 31-point talent were fantastic, we'd be forced to spec into it ;)

Well... I think a top tier talent should be usefull. Recuperative nanotech seems very lackluster so far. Im only lvl42 though , not sure how it is with best gear in raiding environment but if it is only half as bad as now... -.-

If you consider the total healing it can do to 4 people over its duration, it's very efficient for the energy cost. It lasts quite a while so you can cast it before big damage when your energy is near full. The range isn't too bad, though I wish it was a little bigger; I can usually move between where melee and range are and cast it on myself so it heals everyone.

One annoying thing is it will hit friendly npcs near you and doesn't care who actually needs healing. For example, when I ran Collicoid War Game, I had that Akk Dog pet and Nano would always target him, leaving one groupmate without the HoT. :rolleyes:

In my mind it was supposed to be the "everyone got knocked down to 50%" skill. But for that it would need to heal for me and do the healing much quicker. If the boss is aoeing the grouP RN will not save them. Or they should make it free and have it act like an aoe healing aura. Either way it's useless.

Without a single crit nanotech does 8k healing, thats 266 healing per energy.

One non-crit injection does 2.6K healing, 104 healing per energy.

That's with the 2pc btw.

2 1/2 times efficiency. How is this a worthless heal?

If it hits 2 people it's already more efficient than our main single target.

I hate to do this, but...

I remember reading the same thing on the druid forums when wild growth came out. (/endwowreference).

If you were looking for the "be all end all" healing spell, obviously this is not it. It's a very good group HoT. It's more efficient both with time and energy to use this on four people taking damage. My healing in warzones went from averaging about 240k at level 39 to getting my medal for 300k healing at level 40 because of this spell. In hardmodes it's a big help picking up extra healing in fights with lots of damage being dealt around. I'd say this healing spell makes up about 10-15% of my healing in flashpoints. Without it, I'd have a lot of trouble on some fights. I don't think it makes any fight trivial, but it does alleviate some stress that I would otherwise really struggle with without it.

Use it, but don't treat it like it's the only spell you're ever going to use.

I suppose it could be useful to keep your group topped up if you are a raid healer and need to spec all the way to Accomplished Doctor anyways. However as a regular healer I don't see much use for an aoe HoT and I'm doing fine only specced 22 medicine for Surgical Probe, which leaves room for some useful DPS talents aswell.

Honestly, I just think it needs a tweak. At 10m range, you can't even be sure it'll hit all the melee in many fights, and it heals very slowly. On paper, I can see how it looks very efficient. In practice, I have to wait for my energy to be full to use it, and there's a good chance I'm going to have to heal some of those people again anyway before it finishes doing its job. In a raid healing environment, other healers (who have better aoe heals anyway) are probably going to top off those ppl before it can take effect.

It needs to be more efficient, or larger radius, or heal faster. Not all of them by all means, but as is you really have to try to make it work.