Combat log / How to figure out what's being cast -

archebald

I apologize if this has already been discussed but since I cannot search the forum I'm probably asking (suggesting) something again -

How do I figure out what is being cast on me ? So I certainly see the little icon. And I know, occasionally, that something the mob casts blows me up and sometimes it's nothing important. But since I only can interrupt a cast every 8 seconds it would be useful to be able to determine if I'm interrupting the right spell.

Oh and as an aside, after I'm blown up I can't really tell WHAT blew me up... thus a combat log would be useful such that I could associate what killed me to the spell and then I could determine which spell I need to interrupt. Makes sense, right ?

I know I saw some post that Bioware would make it obvious what you needed to do (so you don't need crazy mods) - and it's only obvious if they throw stuff on the floor. But I'm pretty good at avoiding that.

It's just that dying to figure out via trial and error which spell I need to interrupt runs into the progressive rez timer which leaves me very sad.

Edited by archebald

I can't wait for the combat log to appear. I've been noticing that even when I stand out of the ability indicator for some abilities that mobs throw up (the little floating orb that spews fire for instance) it still seems like I'm being hit. I could be five meters away from the circle and it seems like I'm still taking damage from it.

It's been driving me mad. I have to know if it's bugged or if I'm being hit by something else before I make a support ticket for it.

Yeah, well I've figured out the stuff on the floor has a much larger radius than indicated by the circle. But it is difficult if he's dropping stuff on the floor AND hitting you with other abilities. Maybe I didn't run out far enough ? Oh no, he nuked me with something I couldn't see. But... I can't tell.

Lol, it is that simple, just look at how much damage your taking, DUH!

It's rather obvious I'm taking damage. What is driving me insane is not knowing where the damage is coming from, especially when I'm being hit by 6 things at once and I'm 95% sure that at least one of those things shouldn't be hitting me.