The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Going back to AoC after 30days.

vacuna

This isn't a troll post, So stop right there.

This game is great, but its lacking something, i cant really lump it into one catagory for myself.

Graphics--- ****

Voice overs--- Great but gets stale

Combat responsiveness--- it's bad

To be honest that is the 3 thing that irk me. Now im going to play for 30days and try my hardest to like it. If not, Well its back to the land where pvp is great, graphics are better and my women are just a little on the "dirty" side.

I'll leave you with this.

(It's Youtube folks!)

Edited by vacuna

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just screwing with you before-- sorry about that. :p

I liked AoC at launch. Always loved the Conan universe, too. If they've tightened up the PvP maybe I'll have to take another look at it sometime.

They did, they recently done a complete overhaul of all melee.

Amazing game.

Hold on. This might be one of the five guys that like and still play AoC.

Actually AOC is doing quite well...you dont really read up do you?

They have added so much to that game its unrecognizable.

I like both games, and tbh they are totally different in every way. I know AOC caters more to the hardcore aspect of my playstyle, but im enjoying SWTOR for the fun romp it is. Im hoping Bioware fixes our graphics options though. AOC runs better on my system than SWTOR.

The gameplay is flat. Pretty much like a muliplayer for Mass Effect would be.

It also feels like it's made for Xbox360. No physics, no details, nothing I can break or grab and throw around. It's worse than WoW because they couldn't at least release that basic system in a bug free version.

Questing is just to learn how to play your toons.

Endgame matters. And all I can see is bugs and unpolished/unfinished content. which is rushed due to christmas sales. This game should have been released summer 2012, after the balancing/fixing was done.

I wish there would be a Skyrim like MMO with the combat system from Demons/Dark Souls !

And yes, I am going back to Rift or WoW. I can't stand to wait for super rich companies to do things right AFTER they sold it to you. Looks like Blizzard is the only company which never releases completly messed up crap, it's more a decision if you like the way it goes or not but it's always flawless.

Edited by squiek

It also feels like it's made for Xbox360. No physics, no details, nothing I can break or grab and throw around.

Endgame matters. And all I can see is bugs and unpolished/unfinished content.

I wish there would be a Skyrim like MMO with the combat system from Demons/Dark Souls !

Do not even get me started about the bugs and horrible graphics of Skyrim.

When you do 3d design, you can see the bad textures games have more easily than before.

Edited by darthdoll

I don't care much about the setting. It's more the mechanics a game has to offer.

AoC is still one of the best looking MMOs out there.

Bioware should have payed for the unreal engine instead of creating own, buggy stuff.

Look at the shadows, looks like stairs from the side. And no AA in 2012?

Even with those low quality textures it wants a super computer.

Edited by squiek

It also feels like it's made for Xbox360. No physics, no details, nothing I can break or grab and throw around.

Endgame matters. And all I can see is bugs and unpolished/unfinished content.

Mass Effect is a shooter. SWTOR is not. I fail to see the comparison.

If you however, meant a Multiplayer KOTOR game, then you would be correct. Mass Effect isnt the first Bioware game, nor did it invent the conversation wheel or moral decisions.

There are cape physics. Im not sure why this is a complaint since if there were physics, the game would be so much laggier and buggier than it already is.

Of course questing is to learn how to play your class...what else would it be for? At least in the process of all that you get a pretty involved story.

Edited by Qishari
removed rude comments

I like both games, and tbh they are totally different in every way. I know AOC caters more to the hardcore aspect of my playstyle, but im enjoying SWTOR for the fun romp it is. Im hoping Bioware fixes our graphics options though. AOC runs better on my system than SWTOR.

QFT, i'd go on a libm and say 80% of the people who talk down about AoC have either not played it, or played it at release and have been bitter since.

I've been playing since launch, and truley watching the game grow has been awesome.

The thing about conan is you make friends, no LFG, It's harder to get things done, but you have a much more feeling of accomplishment.

Oh, and running through people is just horrid BW, Why can NO game develops (except conan) can get this down?! This can change gameplay so dramaticly it's crazy! For example, One boss in t2 require the raid to "ball" up around him, but oh no! he wont just magically walk right through you, not if you completely encompass the mob.

I can't stress just how great the game is! I'm not being paid at all. I just feel a little jipped! I was expecting atleast an AA option! (Sure i could post-aa but developed AA is far superior)

Edited by vacuna

Mass Effect is a shooter. SWTOR is not. I fail to see the comparison.

If you however, meant a Multiplayer KOTOR game, then you would be correct. Mass Effect isnt the first Bioware game, nor did it invent the conversation wheel or moral decisions.

There are cape physics. Im not sure why this is a complaint since if there were physics, the game would be so much laggier and buggier than it already is.

Of course questing is to learn how to play your class...what else would it be for? At least in the process of all that you get a pretty involved story.

EDIT: @Ademnus,

Are you blind, or just stupid? Last i checked AOC was one fine looking game. And that was about a week ago.

Play a Sniper. Acutally, it is a shooter ;)

Maybe a shooter system would have been more fun.

This is also one aspect I hate about MMOs.

But probably we will see some awesome new stuff in Blizzards next MMO "Titan".

Edited by squiek

Play a Sniper. Acutally, it is a shooter ;)

Is there manual aiming involved? I dont know, i havent rolled a sniper. But if there isnt manual aiming, it isnt a shooter, friend.

If you want a shooter MMO id look at the new Warhammer 40k game that is supposed to come out next year.

Edited by Sekhmit

"People are still playing AOC"?

You have summed up everything that is wrong with the MMO genre. We, the player base never stick with our MMO’s. We used to, but now we migrate from one to the next, madly following the hype and not daring to miss out on what our friends are doing.

SWtOR will fall prey to this as much as every MMO has before. We now treat MMO’s like throw away solo games and gaming companies know this. Their response is to only design MMO’s for a few months play, they don’t even bother to try to maintain interest over the long haul now.

So when you start talking about longevity issues with the MMO you are playing while wondering when SW or GW2 will be out, remember you are part of the transitory player base that has caused this problem.

Edited by Pretexts

Why would I read up on that game? Played it at release, and tried it 4 months or so after release. The verdict is in. Funcom just releases crap games. There's too little time, and too many good games to bother going back or keeping track of a funcom game these days.

Who cares about it beeing a shooter or not? You fanboys like to ignore the core of a complain.

SWTOR is dead, empty, has no physics and no moveable objects, no sounds or any kind of dynamic light source/animation, just like Mass Effect. It's sterile like a hospital. And it's buggy.

If they ever tested this game, why in gods name I have to hear my mount sound breaking constantly or bugging out the little ambience this game has? Those are bugs sitting in your face and they don't care to remove it?

That is not enough for MMOs released end 2011 !

Edited by squiek