Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What is the Appeal of the Empire?

viettrinh

Because Alliance/Republic=Blue and Horde/Empire=Red. It's already programmed in your mind as being related.

Republic is expected to be "good" and I can assume will draw in kids and carebears. Empire is about being powerful and cruel so I'd expect a more mature group there. You EVE players will know carebears ;) (least the pirates will)

hmmm, you may be on o something much bigger as well.....dems=blue, repubs=red....crips=blue, bloods=red....those 2 colors are used in almost all regards to affiliation in modern society.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe in this game the Empire is portrayed as the superior faction. Politically, militarily and Force wise (lightening :p). The republic comes across as decadent and corrupt, and seems like the Jedi are soo consumed with trying to hold it together.

Uhm ... no? :)

Directly from wookiepedia:

''

By harnessing their emotions rather than suppressing them, the Sith believed they could achieve true power. ...Indeed, the Sith saw passion as the only real way to fully understand the Force. However, the Sith believed strongly that the worthy could control their emotions and use them, while the weak were ruled by them. ''

Directly from Darth Bane : Rule of two :

''

We must recognize that killing for sadistic pleasure-killing without reason, need, or purpose-is the act of a fool''

{These quotes are for the topic i was drawn into before ,not the second part of your post(infighting,destroying themselves and such),which is on different topic.}

Here is your problem:

"The Sith believed strongly that the worthy could control their emotions and use them, while the weak were ruled by them."

Yes... The Sith believed that. The Sith were also very much incorrect. There never has been a canonical Sith that was able to control their emotions. In the end all Sith succumbed to their emotions and 9/10 times this lead to the death of the Sith.

In the end all Sith succumbed to their emotions and 9/10 times this lead to the death of the Sith.

A common misconception not supported by facts,for a simple reason.Overconfidence is not an emotion.Yes 9/10 they failed,but not because of ''succumbing to their emotions''.

Some sith failed cus of the things you said but they are lower than 9/10.

I think there is a difference of opinion about what failing victim/succumbing to emotions means in the first place.

Edited by Kaedusz

A common misconception not supported by facts,for a simple reason.Overconfidence is not an emotion.Yes 9/10 they failed,but not because of ''succumbing to their emotions''.

Some sith failed cus of the things you said but they are lower than 9/10.

I think there is a difference of opinion about what failing victim/succumbing to emotions means in the first place.

There's a lot of differences of opinion in this thread, but rest assured, Professor Walsh or someone else will be along to insist that George "Han shot first...no, Greedo shot first...no, they shot at the same time...no, Greedo actually shot first in the original and it's just nobody saw it," Lucas both has a consistent background explanation for the Sith, and all the answers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.