Crafting already obsolete?

KenjiWB

I heard that endgame dailies/tokens yield better upgrades than max level crafts, is that true? Did I just waste countless credits first grinding Artifice Archeology and Treasure Hunting to 400 as I level, and then wasting countless more mats on random chances to make better versions of these crafts, only to see them be worthless before I can even use them? I was excited to see the "...have learned to make Advanced Guardian Hilt 22" but then I hear that vendors sell Guardian Hilt 23...*** is this true?

Biochem is still ridiculously useful. Plus we don't have all the rare schematic drops found yet so saying obsolete is a stretch. A better idea would be to have a few guildmates max out the crafting skills then have everyone else take biochem since biochem produces the best stuff and the purp level items on medkits, adrenals, and stims require you have biochem skill to use them.

I say obsolete because BETTER items are available to everyone that require far less work/effort/money/time overall, its a strong word but I still feel its accurate if my original example is true...

This, with more emphasis on the money. There are too many money sinks current in the game to make crafting worthwhile.

I heard that endgame dailies/tokens yield better upgrades than max level crafts, is that true? Did I just waste countless credits first grinding Artifice Archeology and Treasure Hunting to 400 as I level, and then wasting countless more mats on random chances to make better versions of these crafts, only to see them be worthless before I can even use them? I was excited to see the "...have learned to make Advanced Guardian Hilt 22" but then I hear that vendors sell Guardian Hilt 23...*** is this true?

It's a waste only if you would have spent them on something else...which you wouldn't have.