The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MOVIE: Winning Warzones and Line of Sight Tips and Tricks

Raggok

Hello.

This is my third movie in the Oozo Strikes Back series. It will feature 31-39 Vanguard Assault PvP. However, you might notice that I have picked up Gut so, technically, I will have to start referring to my movies as an Assault/Tactics hybrid movie. I'm working towards a build that utilizes the synergy of the High Impact Bolt skills in the Assault and Tactics trees. I'll let you know how that works out in the long run.

I've decided to split this movie into two parts. The first part of this movie will be focusing on winning warzones and using line of sight. There should be some tips and tricks in here that will be helpful for any class of any level.

I've added commentary to this movie, so I'll keep this introduction short. Here are some of the topics covered in this movie.

• Being sneaky without having stealth

• teh top sekrit path 2 teh middel

• Avoiding fights to win

• Using DoTs to keep enemies from capping (nerf it?)

• Using line of sight to wall-hack without wall-hacking

• Using line of sight to waste enemy cooldowns

• Having some fun with Harpoon

• Winning with mobility in Voidstar

Experienced PvPers should already know much of the above, but hopefully there is a thing or two that some people haven't thought of before.

Blog Link

My Other Vanguard Movies

Rock on, Troopers.

Sweet video.

Im also curious about how good hold the line is. 30 second cool down sounded a little too short to me, might be awesome. Currently lvl 30 and running assault spec. Id like to swap in some tactics or go back to shield, but ionic accelerator in the assault tree is simply too too awesome for me right now.

I love your video's.

Not really new to me, as I play the same way, but more that you are explaning it to the people who dosn't. Also like the music in your pre movies and your commentary.

1 tip, could you please post your talent build with a link at the youtube discription? would be nice;)

I am headed for something like this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZrsMrobckzZfhMrzh.1

I'm picking up the High Impact Bolt skills in Tactics and Assault. I'll likely try to stack crit and surge. So, it's going to be a Tactics/Assault hybrid. Not sure if it will work out but it looks okay on paper.

For this movie, I'm up to Gut in the Tactics tree at 38.

I'm wondering how I could set up my keybindings to be as efficient as yours. I can only use 1-5, 6 is a stretch, shifts1-6, q-e-f-t-g, and shifts qeftg.

Since I rebound A-D to strafe, trying to hit 1-3 or those shifts while holding A+W it's a problem.

I guess it's because in WoW people never had 6+ abilities to use on any given fight so maybe I'm just realizing how spammable that game was.

I'm wondering how I could set up my keybindings to be as efficient as yours. I can only use 1-5, 6 is a stretch, shifts1-6, q-e-f-t-g, and shifts qeftg.

Since I rebound A-D to strafe, trying to hit 1-3 or those shifts while holding A+W it's a problem.

I guess it's because in WoW people never had 6+ abilities to use on any given fight so maybe I'm just realizing how spammable that game was.

I'd go ahead and rebind your Z-X-C-R-F-T maybe V just depends on how many buttons you can hit, also a multi-button mouse is awesome in these type of games.

Hey, Ive got a question.

How does Sticky Grenade fit into rotation or rather how do you generally use it in the warzones?

Edit-

A 2nd more important Question, In the thick of a pvp battle how are you monitoring when your high impact bolt procs?

Finally I'd just be interested to hear your thoughts on how you generally handle the core abilities that make up the general mechanic of this build.

Ion-Pulse/Incendiary Round/Stockstrike/Gut/High Impact Bolt

Edited by WhatIsAxis

Oh, I have had so much fun, every Voidstar I get now I pull about ~2-3 guys down to their death right off the bridge. They tend to all focus on me after that :p I don't think they like it :)

Where do you stand when you do this? I tried that the other day and couldn't seem to get into range to harpoon them. Are you just trying to harpoon them off the top, or into the green slime?

Hey, Ive got a question.

How does Sticky Grenade fit into rotation or rather how do you generally use it in the warzones?

Edit-

A 2nd more important Question, In the thick of a pvp battle how are you monitoring when your high impact bolt procs?

Finally I'd just be interested to hear your thoughts on how you generally handle the core abilities that make up the general mechanic of this build.

Ion-Pulse/Incendiary Round/Stockstrike/Gut/High Impact Bolt

I really don't use rotations. And, with the RNG of this build it would be counterproductive anyway.

I typically try to open with Incendiary Round, Sticky Grenade, and High Impact Bolt from range. What happens from there I can't really script.

In a manageable 1v1 situation I will glance at the hotbar to see when HIB has refreshed. In a chaotic situation where I'm being chain CCd and thrown all over the place it's difficult to keep track of the procs. It would be nice if they added an HUD for the proc similar to what they did in WoW.

I do keep HIB bound to mousewheel scroll forward, so it is VERY easy to use. For example, I typically scroll the wheel forward after every stockstrike just in case it procs.

As far as writing some kind of guide, I'm not really wanting to put that much work into things. I'll let Taugrim handle writing guides, which I'm sure he will do eventually. :)

Edited by Raggok