The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grinding warzones - is this really it?

Halphas

Leveling was kinda fun. Not fun enough to do again. I'm too good to find pve anything but a snoozefest. So me and my friends are left with grinding warzones for rng-bags, while enjoying a ****** interface and delicious lag/ability delay. Ilum is a complete joke and will need a full year before its worth anything.

How long will we have to wait before devs realize smooth combat and a proper competitive pvp system is actually important?

They fixed nothing during 5 months of beta complaints, so I guess im left with diablo 3 and guild wars 2, which looks pretty good.

Anyone actually enjoying being a pvper at 50? If so, please tell me how.

"rushes to lvl 50 and QQ's about bad end game content because he has no1 to play with"

your are just toooooo cute ;)

lol ouch.

Friend, theres just not many people at 50. The game is still just a few weeks old. A lot of stress on the server (devs have noted this) they have had a few minor patches. Sometimes a patch fixes 5 things, and breaks 10. if your not happy with PVP because of bugs and lag... Start crafting or something. Help guildmates.

All MMO's have a rough buggy launch. if you don't think so, you are kidding youself.

All things will fix in time. if the bugs/problems are obvious to you. they are also obvious to the Devs.

"rushes to lvl 50 and QQ's about bad end game content because he has no1 to play with"

I did not skip 1 cut scene, did EVERY quest I found, completed bonus quests for EVERY planet and got level 50 on the 23rd after starting early access on the 17th.

It was not hard, yes, I played a lot but I did NOT rush. I experienced all the content levelling up as you will do so in that regard I missed nothing. Again, I did not rush, I played at my own pace and got to level 50 without rushing but I got there playing the game a lot.

Games thrive off people playing A LOT, so you can't counter this argument without sounding moronic; which you already do since you make it out like this game has a LOT of content to experience.

I agree with the OP that I cbf levelling again since the class quest is the only difference (and minor cut scenes which essentially don't have any affect on the outcome of your character/game world) and to experience the class quest I need to repeat ALL of the side quests I have already completed. Waste of time.

I play for PVP which currently sucks with RNG bags. I have 3 belts and 3 relics while my friend who got level 50 2 days ago and has played 1/3 of the WZ's I have has all but 1 piece of champions gear. GG.

Leveling was kinda fun. Not fun enough to do again. I'm too good to find pve anything but a snoozefest. So me and my friends are left with grinding warzones for rng-bags, while enjoying a ****** interface and delicious lag/ability delay. Ilum is a complete joke and will need a full year before its worth anything.

How long will we have to wait before devs realize smooth combat and a proper competitive pvp system is actually important?

They fixed nothing during 5 months of beta complaints, so I guess im left with diablo 3 and guild wars 2, which looks pretty good.

I'm feeling this way now. The map design bothers me, huttball seems to be the only decent one.(even though i believe the respawns should come from the side not the goal line, lets actually require defenders?) I really dislike how close the respawn areas are to the objectives in void star. It seems like unless people are being clueless it's wayyy too easy to defend. It's exceptionally easy to defend, u can interrupt caps almost instantly after being released. 2 guns are also extremely easy to sit on for a team. I'm hoping for some more tweaks to some of the maps. Maybe even just a lower capture time? more gun emplacements?

The ability lag bothers me quite a bit as well. Then there is the hours where q'n for a warzone results me immediately being bounced to character select.

I'm feeling this way now. The map design bothers me, huttball seems to be the only decent one.(even though i believe the respawns should come from the side not the goal line, lets actually require defenders?) I really dislike how close the respawn areas are to the objectives in void star. It seems like unless people are being clueless it's wayyy too easy to defend. It's exceptionally easy to defend, u can interrupt caps almost instantly after being released. 2 guns are also extremely easy to sit on for a team. I'm hoping for some more tweaks to some of the maps. Maybe even just a lower capture time? more gun emplacements?

The ability lag bothers me quite a bit as well. Then there is the hours where q'n for a warzone results me immediately being bounced to character select.

Zone out, and you won't get kicked to char screen. I know it shouldn't but it's a workaround way.

This is a sound argument, backed up with clear facts and rock hard evidence. As you and I and many many other people are 50 and this fine educated person is not, it therefore means that you and I and many other level 50's did this so called "rushing" and have too much "time" on our hands.

This game should be played the way this highly intelligent person played it in order to achieve enjoyment. The sheer fact that there are people like the OP, myself and many others that are at this "hard to reach" and "high" level fifty status when clearly we shouldnt be as the game was not designed for people to reach this "high level" until Bioware had ample to time to create and fix content at said level and make sure its functioning. Shame on us for cheating and reaching a level that should not be obtainable yet, as we must get their at said intelligent persons exact pace or true enjoyment of the game cannot be achieved.

Or this ***** is a just a carebear troll.

Edited by Gordknight

In your rush to try and look clever you completely missed the point that his complaints had nothing to do with population. Congrats on looking anything but clever.

Only 3 warzones you cannot choose between. Bolster mechanic a joke. Animation lag. Sluggish response times. Ilum is a complete farce which is seemingly designed to prevent any kind of PvP. A whacky gearing system overly reliant on the RNG.

None of this has anything to do with rushing to 50. They are just some of the delights waiting for you when you finally get there.

I did not skip 1 cut scene, did EVERY quest I found, completed bonus quests for EVERY planet and got level 50 on the 23rd after starting early access on the 17th.

It was not hard, yes, I played a lot but I did NOT rush. I experienced all the content levelling up as you will do so in that regard I missed nothing. Again, I did not rush, I played at my own pace and got to level 50 without rushing but I got there playing the game a lot.

Games thrive off people playing A LOT, so you can't counter this argument without sounding moronic; which you already do since you make it out like this game has a LOT of content to experience.

I agree with the OP that I cbf levelling again since the class quest is the only difference (and minor cut scenes which essentially don't have any affect on the outcome of your character/game world) and to experience the class quest I need to repeat ALL of the side quests I have already completed. Waste of time.

I play for PVP which currently sucks with RNG bags. I have 3 belts and 3 relics while my friend who got level 50 2 days ago and has played 1/3 of the WZ's I have has all but 1 piece of champions gear. GG.

Yes but how long would it take you to get full PVP gear in a game like say, wow? A long *** time and you know it! With the RNG it leaves it all up to chance and dailies. Nobody wants to know they have to play 8000 BGs to get full gear. I'd rather it be 800 off just sheer chance.

Yes but how long would it take you to get full PVP gear in a game like say, wow? A long *** time and you know it! With the RNG it leaves it all up to chance and dailies. Nobody wants to know they have to play 8000 BGs to get full gear. I'd rather it be 800 off just sheer chance.

Actually getting full pvp gear in WoW is very easy and quick now.

Not long. Stop comparing btw. When season 6/7 came out it took me less than 1 month to complete my top tier pvp set.

What should you play for?

I did not rush 50, I did the story of each world, lots of pvp and my class quests. I have been 50 for like 4-5 days now. I really don't enjoy grinding warzones (or rather, huttball) and my server has so many empire that illium is dead constantly cause its swarming with us imps.

Most of the end game pve stuff is broken.

So what is there to do in the game? I am leveling a second toon on republic side to see that story, but I am really not sure what I am going to do when I am done with that.

lol ouch.

Friend, theres just not many people at 50. The game is still just a few weeks old. A lot of stress on the server (devs have noted this) they have had a few minor patches. Sometimes a patch fixes 5 things, and breaks 10. if your not happy with PVP because of bugs and lag... Start crafting or something. Help guildmates.

All MMO's have a rough buggy launch. if you don't think so, you are kidding youself.

All things will fix in time. if the bugs/problems are obvious to you. they are also obvious to the Devs.

You are so wrong. Three out of 8 players on each side (average) are level 50. That's why they should have their own warzones. There are plenty.

I dont see how pve could be a "snoozefest" for anyone. Its not like your running around one hitting everything (if your are i'd like to see that). There are plenty of other things to do in this game other then pvp grind. ie max crew skills, kill world bosses, hunt holocrons, ect

Could you say why the interface is " ****** "? Never have i experienced delayed abilities in pvp on my Jug. I barely have lag in pvp also, so maybe its just your computer and connection? Thats hardly a reason to blame the Devs.

Obviously i must play in one of the lightly populated servers. Right? No i play in, The Harbringer, one of the most populated servers out there.

OP is right, imo games gone in a few months. Quit with the rushing to 50 ********, over 130 50's on at one time on my server and still the same crap. No one wants to do PvE because loot in raids is broken, the queing on spells is 100 % abysmal, so any sort of nice rotation you're wanting to do is extremely annoying. If farming bgs for random bags is all PvP consists of in this game, I'm done. PvE DEFINITELY isn't work sticking around for at this current state in the game.