The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Juggernaut Tank Gear questions

memo_DB

Hello

I'm a total noob, when it comes to play a tank, and want to deep dive into it. So here some questions.

In a guide I've read, it says that you can take all "Bulwark-Rakata" Gear for a jugg tank. You don't have to mix things up like for a dps sometimes. Is this true?

When it comes to Augments, lets say I have all 344 Bullwark Rakata Gear, what and how many kind of gold Augments do I need?

And my last question is about the tatical, I heard that "grit teeth" got nerfed, is this still the best tactical option for a jugg tank?

Thanks

regards memo

I don't know what stats the Rakata Bulwark gear has, so I couldn't tell you if it's fine on its own. My tank is still in 340 modded gear. I aim for a base of ~50% Shield chance and ~30% Absorption from items. Immortal passive bonuses do the rest.

For tacticals:

• Grit Teeth - This was changed in 7.0. It used to reduce Enraged Defense cooldown; now it reduces Saber Ward cooldown. It was definitely a big nerf for PvP, but not so bad for PvE. Saber Ward is a pretty good defensive cooldown.
  • The Life Warden - This one is good in operations when there are damage spikes too close together for Grit Teeth to help. If you can survive the initial hit, you can rely on The Life Warden healing to help the healers out. The Life Warden can also be good if a particular boss attacks in a way that doesn't trigger Grit Teeth very much. These uses are highly situational though.
  • Jaw Breaker - This is a PvP tactical and shouldn't be used in PvE. You're going to be using Backhand (4 second stun) a lot in PvP, so you can get some extra time out of your Invincible (40% damage reduction).
  • Leviathan's Hide - This one is nice in master flashpoints when fighting groups of trash mobs. You can get 10-20% damage reduction per Crushing Blow.
  • Hord's Makashi Strike - This can be useful in master flashpoints when fighting bosses. If the group DPS is high enough, bosses won't last long enough for you to take advantage of Grit Teeth, so you may as well take the bonus 4-7% damage reduction from Hord's Makashi Strike. It can also be used in PvP for more constant damage reduction or in solo content, where Grit Teeth can't help anyways.

So if you want to play Immortal tank in all areas of the game, it is nice having all of them. :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by ThanderSnB