The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Annoying sound

Posted (edited)

it sounds like "dooooosh". kinda like something powering down. if I modify my outfit I here that sound for every single change i make. if i use the vendor i hear it for every transaction. i also mentioned the other times that it happens in the orignal post. there's no other sound made but that one.

Edited by Thanosian-Cripps

5 hours ago, Thanosian-Cripps said:

it sounds like "dooooosh". kinda like something powering down. if I modify my outfit I here that sound for every single change i make. if i use the vendor i hear it for every transaction. i also mentioned the other times that it happens in the orignal post. there's no other sound made but that one.

Do you have something in your outfit that makes sound?

Some weapons make sounds when they are brought out or put away. Also, some weapon tunings do the same thing. Much more rare, but some armor sets also have sound effects when the weapon is brought out/put away.

I know when editing outfits every change causes it to reset the weapon/armor animations on your character, which can cause the sound to play again. Sometimes when mounting up the weapon stays in hand until you stop moving for a second or dismount, also causing the sound to play. The weapon staying equipped while mounted is probably a bug, but it's been there all the years I've been playing.

However, none of what I described is something new with any recent updates. It's how it has worked for years. That leads me to think you may have added a new weapon or armor to your outfit that is making this sound.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 2

is there anyway to disable that sound? because it plays on all my characters on all the servers i use. the only thing that is new to my outfit is overcharged weapon tuning. i got that the other day. i will check that out and see what happens.

7 hours ago, Thanosian-Cripps said:

i figured out what it was...the Keeper of Iokath armor.

Yeah, I have the same set on my Commando (well one of the outfits)  that sound does get annoying.