SWTORSK won't work on new phone

I can't download the SWTOR Security App on my new phone because it says "this app won't work on your device." I assume my phone is too new or the app is too outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a work around? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

It's using the standard TOTP algorithm, so you can use Google Authenticator any or other fan-favorite. As such, EA/Biosword is no longer maintaining or supporting the app.

Thank you. This is very helpful. 

Do you know if you still get the extra 100 CC if you use a non-SWTORSK authenticator app. 

1 hour ago, septru said:

Do you know if you still get the extra 100 CC if you use a non-SWTORSK authenticator app. 

Yes you do.

I have been using Google Authenticator for years and the 100 CC arrives monthly.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 12:59 PM, septru said:

I can't download the SWTOR Security App on my new phone because it says "this app won't work on your device." I assume my phone is too new or the app is too outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a work around? 

Read https://help.ea.com/en/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs/

The SW:TOR Security Key App and the SW:TOR Physical Security Key are no longer supported as verification methods.
We recommend switching to Google Authenticator if you currently use either of these as a SW:TOR Security Key.

6 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Read https://help.ea.com/en/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs/

The SW:TOR Security Key App and the SW:TOR Physical Security Key are no longer supported as verification methods.
We recommend switching to Google Authenticator if you currently use either of these as a SW:TOR Security Key.

I still use the old phone app on my old phone. Only problem is it's out of sync and I have to wait 3 codes to finally log in. For me , a minor nuisance.

I just switched over to GA yesterday - ezpz. Log into your account > go to SK section > remove key > add key > scan QR Code using GA app (add passcode) > enter passcode from email and done.

Edited by HypSpec

On 7/17/2024 at 6:18 PM, EdratLightindark said:

I still use the old phone app on my old phone. Only problem is it's out of sync and I have to wait 3 codes to finally log in. For me , a minor nuisance.

No.  What's out of sync is your phone's view of the date and time.

On 7/22/2024 at 2:41 PM, EdratLightindark said:

It is set to the correct time and date. I'll try to reset and see what happens.

Is it also set to the right time zone?  8pm EDT is not the same time as 8pm PDT, if you take my meaning.

2 hours ago, EdratLightindark said:

It's set to my time zone so it should be the same as the computer. Couldn't try anything last night.

Will tonight though.

The computer it should be the same as isn't *your* computer, but Broadsword's...

On 7/24/2024 at 2:58 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

The computer it should be the same as isn't *your* computer, but Broadsword's...

The time on the phone was 4 minutes ahead of the computer 

Set to same time, now it goes on the first code as it should. Tyvm sir 🫡

• Like 1