Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Quarterly Producer Letter

septru

I love how in the Quarterly Producer Letters, the devs are telling us there is "a lot" of new content. Idk, it's very funny to read, as if they are trying to convince us the sky is not blue. 

From the Q1 report. 

We’re coming up on the tail end of Q1 for 2024, and there’s quite a lot that’s happened since my anniversary post last year.

From Q2 report. 

What’s in Game Update 7.5? In short, a lot!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It honestly felt like something they put out to make themselves feel better after they got called out and blasted by the community on Keith's post. 

I have no faith whatsoever in this Dev team. They have no passion and no drive to make the game better. 

They stick with the laziest forms of content possible all while trying to milk the Cartel Market. 

I honestly have a bunch of unplayed steam games that I've been playing rather than SWTOR, I have lost a massive amount of drive and interest in SWTOR. 

If the Dev's would do the simple thing and ACTUALLY listen to player feedback and invest in making the game actually worth 15$ a month than i'd have no problem. 

I'm not against "Date Nights" but they are only 3-5 minute cutscences and that time and money would have been better spent on improving the core gameplay. Not to mention wasn't it Ashley who said doing fully VA'd cutscences takes Dev time and money? 

• Like 6

Sure, here is the translation of the text into English:

I don't think the developers are responsible for all the game's shortcomings. I think they're rather passionate to stay on the team for so long. We should look more at the decision-makers, those who allocate budgets, development times, etc. Broadsword remains a subsidiary of Electronic Arts... As for the producer's letter, it's just a recap of what's happened to the game in recent months when we wanted to have a teaser of what's planned for the future for the game. There is a difference to be made between what employees in a company want and what they are allowed to do, to say. I would really like to understand where this silence and lack of roadmap sharing come from.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

wasn't it Ashley who said doing fully VA'd cutscences takes Dev time and money? 

I'd have to reread it, but I think she was more concerned over the animations and camera work. I don't think recording voice lines is actually a problem, especially considering they already have the actors in the recording booths.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BelorfinSiana said:

I'm looking forward to finding out who the new date nights are for.  Even if it isn't much, it's better than nothing, imo.  I still feel like my reunion with Ashara was lackluster.

Weren't we all supposed to have moved on to the likes of Rass Ordo and Anri? 😅

33 minutes ago, DAWUSS said:

Weren't we all supposed to have moved on to the likes of Rass Ordo and Anri? 😅

Maybe but they only seem to show up once in a while... Still waiting for a new woman for my trooper to flirt with besides Tau.  I wanted to move on from Elara but didn't realize it until after it was too late.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.