B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

some of the rng luck in this thread sounds insane

i mean it wasnt soo bad for me but pretty annoying aswell

started lvl 5 ...finished it yesterday after the weekly reset..but was 4/5 iokath for a long time

wasted all my 14 chips on it..still no luck...bought like 7 more modules from the vendor til i got an iokath one..wasting ressources

i mean 1/35 isnt great..but some had way worse luck as it seems

but im  definitely not looking forward to complete my current level 6

got plenty on ruhnuk in my inventory but just 2 onderon (combined over 5 toons)

and i never used an onderon one..so thats roughly 2/150 chance...which is pretty dull

soo i dont mind a lenghty grind..or rather low weekly caps..to basically not let us storm thru it...but please please lower the rng

this should be a "make progress over time"  thing...now its just luck-based

easiest solution imo would be an addition of planet-specific modules buyable from the vendor

we can buy tank/heal/dps modules..so why not planet specific ones too?

that would help alot...and pretty much a guarantee to at least  one lvl a week

• Thanks 1

Although being able to buy specific modules would be an advantage, I can only emphasise again that not getting the modules required for repair stage 5 in the current week is only a temporary setback as long as your total material limit is not hit when hitting the weekly cap. Buying modules at stage 5 this or the next week is in my humble opinion an unnecessary waste of materials and will hinder your progress later.

Currently, I'm stilll missing 2 Black hole modules, all repairs/upgrades (i.e., all thing which require materials) are done. The Systems Data are at 60/200 of the total cap and Prototype Data at 180/600 of the total cap (i.e., in each week the weekly cap was hit).

Next week I will get 20 new Training Modules. However, even in case only one or no Black Hole Modules are among them, this is not a problem as will be explained in the following:
- At this point next week I will have heaps of Training Modules and for some planets more than five. I can do these modules to hit the material weekly caps, such that the Systems Data are at 160/200 of the total cap and Prototype Data at 480/600 of the total cap.

- The week after next, I get further 20 Training Modules. By this point, I need to have obtained the two missing Black Hole modules since I would otherwise not be able to hit the weekly material cap since the total caps are reached.

In case Black Hole Training Modules are still missing in the wek after next, at this point, and only at this point, I will buy Training Modules but only such that I can hit the weekly material cap.

Assuming, arguendo, I have obtained the missing Black Hole Modules by the week after next (which I assume to be the case) without buying modules, I can spend material on repairs/upgrades for stage 6 whereupon I expect that Systems Data are at <100/200 of the total cap and Prototype Data at <300/600 of the total cap, i.e., I can hit the weekly cap again without hitting the total cap.

Having spent materials beforehand for Training Modules when it was not absolutely necessary may prevent you or at least slow the repairs/upgrades at later stages.

Edited by The_Hightower
  • Confused 1

i do understand these arguments

and i like ryvicks idea aswell=)

but my point is just the fact that u can be stuck for a loong time at a certain level by having terrible rng

as i said onderon was 1/75 modules roughly til now

lets say im as unlucky as before..and can turn in 10 tokens for 20 modules a week...with that numbers (excluding buying modules aka wasting ressources from the vendor) i could be stuck for at least 6 more weeks at level 6 haha

well..i wont need any other modules anymore after that and can breeze tru..the only problem is space in my cargo hold ^^

but this should be avoided at any cost..its super frustrating and will turn people off

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyvickTheFirst said:

Orrrrrr...

They could just add 3 consoles to Lanes room that allow you to buy each specific daily area role token. 15+ choices on each console and one console for each role Defense/Support/Combat.

Major problem solved.

This could work the best.  Still keeps the weekly limits to slow progression, but fixes the RNG issue.  Even if the vendors began the the first week, one can still only gain so much data items to progress.

18 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey all! 

We've been keeping an eye on the feedback coming in from this thread. and wanted to say we will be making some adjustments to help with this friction point. Will come back with more details when I have them. Appreciate the feedback!  

Hi! while you guys are at it, maybe make the Training modules stackable and legacy bound :) Saving the ones that are not used for lv5 for later takes quite a lot of space in storages lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RNGesus was with me today and I got the 2 BH modules I needed with today's chips. Made it to L6 and can continue the grind haha. The one positive thing of having used so many currencies and chips the previous week is that I have 5 modules of each of the other locations now, so I should be good for future levels. 

Still, I hope the devs can come up with something to make it a less RNG heavy experience for future players - and also future ventures. Also, I second @DamzTheShadow's suggestion of making the modules stack (by location and type, of course) and legacy bound. 

20 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey all! 

We've been keeping an eye on the feedback coming in from this thread. and wanted to say we will be making some adjustments to help with this friction point. Will come back with more details when I have them. Appreciate the feedback!  

I know nothing really can be done this week, as I'm sure there won't be a patch or fix for this as today is Wednesday.  However I have 20 Maanan missions, and about the same for all the others, yet stuck on 4/5 Black Hole missions.  I'm unable to get other quests as I've expended all mine through the use of alts for this week, and have no data chips.  

So, in other words, I have to wait another week to hopefully get one single Black Hole mission to advance.  

Perhaps in a couple weeks there will be a fix of some sort, and others who start the quest will have an easier time with it.  Hope for me next week I'll be able to get one single Black Hole mission.

• Thanks 1

I burn through all my data & only got 1 for Black Hole, but I have 16 for Onderon. Who is it that thought putting RNG on the modules was a good idea? We're already slowed down by weekly cap (which I don't mind) but also getting screwed by RNG?

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2024 at 4:51 AM, Dioxys said:

I burn through all my data & only got 1 for Black Hole, but I have 16 for Onderon. Who is it that thought putting RNG on the modules was a good idea? We're already slowed down by weekly cap (which I don't mind) but also getting screwed by RNG?

&

On 6/19/2024 at 12:28 PM, Taurax said:

I know nothing really can be done this week, as I'm sure there won't be a patch or fix for this as today is Wednesday.  However I have 20 Maanan missions, and about the same for all the others, yet stuck on 4/5 Black Hole missions. 

Yea, and that doesn't even really quite seem like RNG if you got 16 for Onderon, or someone else had 20 for Manaan (some may have been left overs from previous weeks) given all the choices as there is at least 12 area's...  Still all anyone can do is stick them in your Character Bank for when you may later need them...  ...yet as a few also said, they don't even stack, and they should!

Honestly I admit, I haven't even done "Bessie" this week, I mean I thought when she went from 3 Defense, Support, Damage Training Modules each to 4, that took more effort yet people also had a few weeks to practice...  Still increasing it out to 5, at the same time ALL training modules for each role; also had to be completed in same area too?  I would have expected at Level 9, or perhaps10; not at Level 6.

Others including myself forsaw this was likely going to be a point of friction in another thread, given that most people wouldn't finish each week, and some might even take 2, possibly even 3 weeks just to finish based on their RNG...  

On 6/19/2024 at 9:47 AM, DamzTheShadow said:

Hi! while you guys are at it, maybe make the Training modules stackable and legacy bound :) Saving the ones that are not used for lv5 for later takes quite a lot of space in storages lol

Excellent Point, the very least they could do is make them stack!  

Now they claim to have heard our voices, and still realize it's a very small % that actually voices their opinions; yet the concern is more shown by the # of views...  ...some may open Customer Service Tickets, yet the vast majority remain silent on forums just voicing opinions in General Chat mostly.  

-- Could be in part because they not subscribers, yet most prefer to remain more private...

Many of us in another thread forsaw these issues; and it's surprising they themselves didn't?   :eek:

• Surprised they didn't keep training at 4, given added complexity of ALL being in 1 of 3 areas.  :( 
  • Or should have done, each time you summon "Bessie" is at least grant 1 of 2 you require next!
  • Easy solution is increase Memory Chips to 12 a week, my bet that's what they'll do as it's easiest. 

-- Nothing is quite like summoning her, and not having even 1 module you require to complete.  :classic_blink:

Now we can only wait...  ...sometimes I think they like creating extra work, going clearly a bit too far...

...to later only soften the blow, for which they truly must have forseen.  :classic_sad:

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulathar said:

Todayintor has just released an updated version of their B3-S1 guide, including a heads-up for the Yavin IV modules at level 8. Check it out here: https://todayintor.com/2024/05/29/swtor-basilisk-companion-guide/#repair-level-8.

This may explain what I encountered at an earlier level. I was 1 of 2 complete, but Bessi ran out of time. I resummoned her and went to complete the 2nd mission but could not get it to trigger even after doing a third one and decided to reset the quest. However, I do recall I was able to use the last two that are ones you pick up from data pads on the ground. Maybe as the guide points out it is just a problem with level 8 Yavin missions.

2 hours ago, Ulathar said:

Todayintor has just released an updated version of their B3-S1 guide, including a heads-up for the Yavin IV modules at level 8. Check it out here: https://todayintor.com/2024/05/29/swtor-basilisk-companion-guide/#repair-level-8.

While I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Yavin IV missions that don't count since bugs happen, I don't think it is all of them. I did a Yavin IV training module using Hunters Hunted and Pathfinding, both of which are picked up in the field.

43 minutes ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Yavin IV missions that don't count since bugs happen, I don't think it is all of them. I did a Yavin IV training module using Hunters Hunted and Pathfinding, both of which are picked up in the field.

Same here. I believe all of the missions that didn't count for me were ones where I finished the quest with B3-S1 not "out". For example, getting the last objective done while being mounted. Since this is only mentioned for L8, however, and not a general heads-up for Yavin missions, I assume it's literally only during Venture level 8. We'll soon find out, I guess. :jawa_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Ulathar said:

I assume it's literally only during Venture level 8. We'll soon find out, I guess. :jawa_biggrin:

SWTOR Basilisk Prototype Companion Guide | Today in TOR

Don't assume that to be the case, as there Level 6 shows:

• Ruhnuk
  • Oricon
  • Onderon

Yet mine shows: (so either it's random, or it's changed since Preview)

• CZ-198
  • Iokath
  • Black Hole
Edited by Strathkin

7 hours ago, Ulathar said:

Same here. I believe all of the missions that didn't count for me were ones where I finished the quest with B3-S1 not "out". For example, getting the last objective done while being mounted. Since this is only mentioned for L8, however, and not a general heads-up for Yavin missions, I assume it's literally only during Venture level 8. We'll soon find out, I guess. :jawa_biggrin:

This has been my experience, I've now completed all of the daily missions on Yavin in some combination or another and they all counted for the training missions, the only time they didn't was when I forgot to dismount before turning them in. She needs to physically be there for it to count. 
There are probably bugs too though, I did have an issue with Kessan's Landing one day where I completed 3 missions and none of them counted even though she was standing next to me when I turned them in. Then I dropped the mission and when I next got a Kessan's Landing training mission those same missions worked fine for it... Just SWTOR things lol. 

On 6/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, Strathkin said:

SWTOR Basilisk Prototype Companion Guide | Today in TOR

Don't assume that to be the case, as there Level 6 shows:

• Ruhnuk
  • Oricon
  • Onderon

Yet mine shows: (so either it's random, or it's changed since Preview)

• CZ-198
  • Iokath
  • Black Hole

Did you look at the research levels at level 5 in the guide? Cause I think you are having an off by one error here.

1 hour ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

Did you look at the research levels at level 5 in the guide? Cause I think you are having an off by one error here.

Yes perhaps, I'm technically done 5 (completed last week) so working toward Level 6; yet everybody calls it Repair 5. 

-- Which is technically in progress to earning Level 6, which is why I'd say the guide is backwards.  ;) 

Regardless I've done nothing toward Bessie this week, the whole needing 5 of CZ-198, Iokath, & Black Hole; kind of really turned me off.  

Edited by Strathkin

On 6/19/2024 at 8:05 AM, indoorgriller said:

some of the rng luck in this thread sounds insane

i mean it wasnt soo bad for me but pretty annoying aswell

started lvl 5 ...finished it yesterday after the weekly reset..but was 4/5 iokath for a long time

wasted all my 14 chips on it..still no luck...bought like 7 more modules from the vendor til i got an iokath one..wasting ressources

i mean 1/35 isnt great..but some had way worse luck as it seems

but im  definitely not looking forward to complete my current level 6

got plenty on ruhnuk in my inventory but just 2 onderon (combined over 5 toons)

and i never used an onderon one..so thats roughly 2/150 chance...which is pretty dull

soo i dont mind a lenghty grind..or rather low weekly caps..to basically not let us storm thru it...but please please lower the rng

this should be a "make progress over time"  thing...now its just luck-based

easiest solution imo would be an addition of planet-specific modules buyable from the vendor

we can buy tank/heal/dps modules..so why not planet specific ones too?

that would help alot...and pretty much a guarantee to at least  one lvl a week

I did all 20 of my Bessi tickets last week (so 40 missions) and didn't get a single Black Hole or Iokath quest, so I'm stuck in a holding pattern...

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, Ulathar said:

RNGesus was with me today and I got the 2 BH modules I needed with today's chips. Made it to L6 and can continue the grind haha. The one positive thing of having used so many currencies and chips the previous week is that I have 5 modules of each of the other locations now, so I should be good for future levels. 

Still, I hope the devs can come up with something to make it a less RNG heavy experience for future players - and also future ventures. Also, I second @DamzTheShadow's suggestion of making the modules stack (by location and type, of course) and legacy bound. 

What are the requirements for Level 6?  3 more specific locations from random/misc dailies that need to be leveled up, or is it back to any Heals/Tank/DPS missions?

Posted (edited)

Ruhnuk, Oricon and Onderon. No specific role, but specific location.
5 training modules each location
10 data fragments each location
50 each of currency to upgrade each of the 3 research area
But, you need specific currency to upgrade, so yes, you need Combat, Support and Defense training modules completed as well.
image.thumb.png.34dab2a19e2febfcb0dae3d7383a1c7c.png

Edited by Saeten

I really hope the 'adjustments' they have for this come sooner, rather than later. I was quite enjoying working on this system, but after two weeks of getting only 3 of the 15 required training modules, I'm getting pretty wiped on it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Saeten said:

Ruhnuk, Oricon and Onderon. No specific role, but specific location.
5 training modules each location
10 data fragments each location
50 each of currency to upgrade each of the 3 research area
But, you need specific currency to upgrade, so yes, you need Combat, Support and Defense training modules completed as well.
image.thumb.png.34dab2a19e2febfcb0dae3d7383a1c7c.png

Don't forget the Upload data of each of the 3 planets, Which is also 50/50 of the tokens.

Combined total to level 1 level a week is 100/100/100/300 tokens each level starting at level 5 and POSSIBLY going to level cap.

Looks like it's going to be another week stuck at repair level 5. I burned through all my memory chips and I am going to have to dip into the systems data and prototype data to try and squeeze a Black Hole module out of the RNG system.

• Sad 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.