Drop rate for Hidden Fishing achievement.

17 minutes ago, GeneralRedvers said:

Maybe they should have incorporated a fishing skill into the fishing event. Each time you fish your luck of finding the Void fish increases by 0.05%, 0.1% or something. 

I think that would probably be too much to implement for just one fish. If they make all the changes I suggested in another thread, some sort of fishing stat might make sense though. :jawa_biggrin:

How is catching a void fish even an achievement?  It seems more like a hoop that the devs are trying to get us to jump through.  I don't play this game to jump through other people's hoops, so I am hoping that I don't get the achievement so that it doesn't seem like I tried to get it.

On 6/6/2024 at 8:58 AM, VilianSW said:

Someone in game yesterday claimed they got the Void fish with only one buff, just by going for Large circles. Would be nice to finally know how it actually works. Grinding just the buffs alone is exhausting, not to mention actual fishing within 9 minutes timeframe.

I've gotten Void fishy today finally, just by going for Large circles even though I had no pie buffs; yet the first little while it completely eluded me...  ...even when I had 1 or 2 Pie Buff's.  :classic_ninja:

I've heard some say, the 2 buff's from Pie's can help, yet as stated I've done many times with 1 &/or 2 of them and nothing either...  ...still the pie buff's are random, so the only certain thing is just focus on all larger holes; and run that on as many character's as you can.  Given the Void Fish is the largest they come!  

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: Devs, you have got to put a fail counter on these things (pref. legacy-based), and gradually increase the odds as the fails increase.

On my second-last attempt of the day, I caught the Void Drifter.

28 days x 12 attempts per day -1 = 335 attempts.

At around 10 minutes per attempt (factoring in time to log and get the two buffs), that's...

... 56 hours of game time that I was grinding something that for about 3/4 of it I really hated. Even resolved to unsubscribe, delete and never look back at a couple points. True, nobody made me do it, but OCD plus the sunk cost assessment pushed me on.

That is some horrible RNG, and while you might think that it kept me in the game, what it really did was keep me spending the time that I normally spend in the game on something I grew to loathe, rather than doing anything at all that I enjoyed.

Repeat: Devs, you have got to put a fail counter on these things.