7.5 Story Bug - (Story Spoiler) Choice Made Not Reflected Correctly in Later Dialogue

I chose to send the shuttles to Rodia.  I recorded my playthrough and went back and double checked that that's what I chose.  It was.  Later in the story, Sa'har is chastising my character for not sending the rebels somewhere safe, and the dialogue options my character has to respond to her refer to "Rodia would not have been any safer", as if I didn't send them there.|

I don't want to finish the story until this is fixed, I want the correct dialogue in the scene.  😔

Screenshots showing what I'm getting:

vlcsnaps-00469.thumb.jpg.401804ada55d2e72c2fa1554f5864293.jpg

image.thumb.png.b6ac4b8b72a7ca1c6e578aaeba65b411.png

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Someone is also reporting something similar here too:

*Spoiler* 7.5 Story - Sundering Beginning Cutscene Not Aligning w/ PC Choice - Bug Reports - SWTOR | Forums

I guess I wait to start Hutta until they fix all the bugs...  :( 

• Unless of course, it was intended to be that way: given the nag shown above "The Alternative wasn't an option" yet I don't know, so rather sadly wait...

They should have caught that before launch...

Edited by Strathkin
  • Thanks 1

Same issue.

Character is a female Jedi Knight (Sith Pureblood) loyalist.

I chose to use the Rodian's coordinates, sending everyone to Rodia. Then, I chose to help the Evoci with the turrets.

After that, in the next quest, Sa'har tells me I have sent everyone back to Hutta and is unhappy (so am I).

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, LeLink said:

Same issue.

Character is a female Jedi Knight (Sith Pureblood) loyalist.

I chose to use the Rodian's coordinates, sending everyone to Rodia. Then, I chose to help the Evoci with the turrets.

After that, in the next quest, Sa'har tells me I have sent everyone back to Hutta and is unhappy (so am I).

I made those same choices as well, sent them to Rodia, then helped with the turrets.  Oh, and I was also jedi knight + loyalist.

I have a friend who chose Rodia as the destination but then chose to help Adi with the elevator and got the correct dialogue in the Sa'har scene, so I wonder if the bug is actually tied to who you choose to go help??

Edited by cannibithobbal

I chose Rodia and helped the Rodian.

Sa'har didn't blame me or anything, but the Evoci didn't say anything either (I thought she'd protest a bit?) I guess they're going to Rodia?

9 hours ago, WraithAssassin said:

Hutta Rebels 7.5 story spoilers - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

Glad i'm not the only one.

Trooper origin, helped Adi by sending the rebels to Rodia and Sa'har chastises me for sending the rebels elsewhere on Hutta. 

did you choose to help Adi at the elevator or help with the turrets?  curious if that is a pattern since it sounds like several of us who got the bug chose the turrets and several people who chose the elevator didn't get the bug

11 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

I made those same choices as well, sent them to Rodia, then helped with the turrets.  Oh, and I was also jedi knight + loyalist.

I have a friend who chose Rodia as the destination but then chose to help Adi with the elevator and got the correct dialogue in the Sa'har scene, so I wonder if the bug is actually tied to who you choose to go help??

So my Pub main helped Rakit with the turrets after sending the rebels to Rodia and got the dialogue for sending them elsewhere on Hutta with Sa'har yelling at me.

I then did the story on my Imp main, helping Rakit with the turrets again but sending the rebels elsewhere on Hutta. I didn't get ANY dialogue from Sa'har on the ship yelling at me and questioning why i sent them to fight. Potentially got the cutscene for Rodia? I don't know.

Both characters then later received mail from Adi confirming the original choice was made (My Pub got mail about Rodia, my Imp about Hutta and continuing the fight).

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

I chose Rodia & help with the elevator, Adi still dies at the end & got a mail from Rakit later on. Is this intentional or is my choices bugged?

Edited by Dioxys

So I haven't done the story yet, but after looking at the conversation file, the node where Sahar says

Why didn't you send them somewhere safe? You took away their chance to be free.

requires the condition glb_sent_shuttles_to_rodia to be true, which it sounds like it should be false.

Posted (edited)

I sent them to Rodia 

On 5/29/2024 at 7:43 PM, cannibithobbal said:

I also confirmed this, and seems the only condition to send them to Rodia, you also have to help Adi (Rodian) with the Elevator; yet was then later sad... 

-- No easy choices, even though Rodian was at least later aligned with the Republic.  :rolleyes:

I'm now wondering if it would be better to send them to Hutta by helping Rakit... 

Sadly they show zero Dark or Light (gain) choices, in any of the dialog, which kind of stinks even more!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

40 minutes ago, Dioxys said:
  Hide contents

I chose Rodia & help with the elevator, Adi still dies at the end & got a mail from Rakit later on. Is this intentional or is my choices bugged?

Spoiler

I chose to help Rakit at the turrets and Adi survived but instead they said a bunch of the other civilians didn't make it, because they were stuck at the elevator.

so basically yet another no-win scenario 😥

• Thanks 1

Finally got this bug myself, on my 3rd playthrough. 

Sent them to Rodia, and helped Rakit with the turrets on the JK and getting blamed for sending them to Hutta.

Alternatively on my SI (2nd playthrough) I sent them to Hutta, and helped with the Turrets, and Sa'har acted like I sent them to Rodia. 

FFS play test your ****!!  

1 hour ago, Setta said:

Finally got this bug myself, on my 3rd playthrough. 

Sent them to Rodia, and helped Rakit with the turrets on the JK and getting blamed for sending them to Hutta.

Alternatively on my SI (2nd playthrough) I sent them to Hutta, and helped with the Turrets, and Sa'har acted like I sent them to Rodia. 

FFS play test your ****!!  

Ok, so based on everyone else's experience + this, it totally sounds like if you choose to help with the turrets, it makes Sa'har react as if you did the reverse of whatever planet you chose?

PLEASE DEVS GET A FIX 😔

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

Ok, so based on everyone else's experience + this, it totally sounds like if you choose to help with the turrets, it makes Sa'har react as if you did the reverse of whatever planet you chose?

PLEASE DEVS GET A FIX 😔

Seems like it, the only combination i have left to test is Hutta & Elevator, (will need a few days to get to there on my 4th) but yea so far this lines up.

• Thanks 2

I just stopped my story progress before the ship Convo with Sa'har. Should I wait for Tuesday 7.5a in hope for fix or this dialogue doesn't matter for the story ahead? 

I am 100% waiting to finish the story until this is fixed for sure (my character is currently hanging out with a "launch" button for the mission), I don't want the wrong dialogue in my scene, hopefully the new patch stealth fixes despite them not ever adding this issue to the known issues list 🥲

• Like 1

Soooo I wasn't the only one?  Yeah so after doing what I thought was "the right thing" on my BH and getting Adi killed (Rodia, fix elevator), and then surprisingly having Adi survive when my agent did the (Hutta, turrets), I decided to "metagame" with my Jedi Knight (Rodia, go for turrets).  That way, Adi would survive and they'd go to Rodia.  But then Sa'har acted like I sent them to Hutta!  Since I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes, I just went ahead and finished.  Whoops.  I hope there are no future ramifications for this.

5 hours ago, BelorfinSiana said:

I hope there are no future ramifications for this.

Honestly considering they gave 0 indication of dark vs light for any of the choices, if there are any lasting ramifications that treat any option you choose as anything other than ultimately neutral, I will be mega upset.

I just want the right dialogue options in the scene, but if it ends up having some future impact on story or characters when there was no indication of that + a massive bug, they better let people do over lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.