Game Update 7.5 "Desperate Defiance" coming May 29th!

I couldn't care less about VA and haven't played a story update since i did the first two missions of 7.0 to fast level up but i's pretty funny. Wonder how many new agent charters will be created with a variation of the name rhaegar targaryen or vanis tigo

@JackieCao are you guys really going to sit back and gross one of the largest profits of all the MMOs out there and then take away voice acting after doing little to no maintenance or expansion in the game? I'm not even trying to be rude just genuinely curious. You can easily look up the profits made on this game and the amount will blow your mind. I would to respect the rules and not post links on here but please talk to the team. This isn't the way forward. Please don't kill a game that some of us have been die hard fans since launch. This game has built so many friendships. This game has so much potential to make so much more money than it is already making. Please give the same respect you would want in return. This game has had loyal subscribers since launch. That's not a common thing. Please just listen just this once and start talking with the community. You could even hire someone to actively search the forums and communicate with the community. Just some friendly advice. You guys have limitless potential with this game. As I die hard swtor fan I genuinely hope you all try to make the right changes here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BelorfinSiana said:

The Cartel Market could really use a New Items tab.  Did you know there was a Pearlescent Blue & Pearlescent White dye module?  I didn't.

ngl, that's worthy of a suggestions forum post, completely agreed.

• Like 2

Knowing what you are referring to, and if that's the reason, that's just sad... No wonder they're wiping the slate.

3 hours ago, chaharbagh said:

Probably because Bertie Carvel participated in a march for something that I cannot and will not go into on the forums.

2 minutes ago, miiinaa said:

Knowing what you are referring to, and if that's the reason, that's just sad... No wonder they're wiping the slate.

Having now looked into what was being referred to, quite frankly if they did fire/replace him for that I will be incredibly sad and disappointed in the devs tbh.  I hope it was just a coincidence and he just happened to become unavailable or got too busy and decided it was too hard to continue (he IS a regular on a british TV series atm, apparently). 

Either way, it changes nothing about how gutted I am that they replaced him with a completely different sounding actor (like literally if they'd just gotten someone to imitate his voice I'd be way more ok with the change), but it would really be nice if they would give us some kind of reason.  They probably won't, but it would end the speculations.

Just now, miiinaa said:

I dunno man. They could have executed this better and at least given us a chance to get adjusted. It pains me.

Literally, just.  Literally.  The blasé nonchalant after-the-factness with with they were like "oh and btw, we changed one of our main character VAs for the first time in the entire life of the game" with 0 other information is just..... not a good look tbh? 

Like male agent is one of my mains and his voice is why I love that character and his fits my character so well and the new one totally doesn't, so I've been in shock all day.  I'm terrified old content is going to be changed to match the new actor, I'm super sad that one of my mains will never get through the whole story and won't get any more romance scenes, and I know I just keep going on about this but literally like I am just so confused why they couldn't have just hired a talented impressionist to copy Bertie Carvel's voice and make the character sound as close to the same as possible. 😔

1 minute ago, cannibithobbal said:

Like male agent is one of my mains and his voice is why I love that character and his fits my character so well and the new one totally doesn't, so I've been in shock all day.  I'm terrified old content is going to be changed to match the new actor, I'm super sad that one of my mains will never get through the whole story and won't get any more romance scenes, and I know I just keep going on about this but literally like I am just so confused why they couldn't have just hired a talented impressionist to copy Bertie Carvel's voice and make the character sound as close to the same as possible. 😔

Agreed... male agent is my main of mains, to the point where I can't imagine the voice belonging to anyone else but that character. It became part of him. I don't think I'll ever really recover from the whiplash. Still want to cry just thinking about it. And if Scolding does end up recording all the old lines... I dunno if I'll ever be able to play a male agent again. 😞

• Sad 1

Just now, miiinaa said:

Agreed... male agent is my main of mains, to the point where I can't imagine the voice belonging to anyone else but that character. It became part of him. I don't think I'll ever really recover from the whiplash. Still want to cry just thinking about it. And if Scolding does end up recording all the old lines... I dunno if I'll ever be able to play a male agent again. 😞

Completely same, male agent is my main imperial and tied for most main I play overall (my other being a male knight), I could already cry just knowing he sounds different as of this update.   Like literally,

Spoiler

he is a Theronmancer and I can't even see the new romance scene with Theron now, so I am EXTRA ULTRA gutted.

If they changed any existing/past content and I couldn't play my boy anymore I would actually cry.  I would be so beyond gutted, I would be devastated.

If they had to change VAs but kept him sounding 95-99% the same with the new VA I could get used to it, but a voice that sounds closer to warrior/inquisitor?  It's just not the same.  I love my warriors and inquisitors, but I don't want a voice like theirs for agent 😔

• Thanks 1

Hide contents

he is a Theronmancer and I can't even see the new romance scene with Theron now, so I am EXTRA ULTRA gutted.

Spoiler

Mine is too. I jumped headfirst into the update with my agent, excited to play my boy again, and I was genuinely flabbergasted at how different it was. I'd literally just did Theron's date night too so their voices together were FRESH in my mind. Absolutely devastating.

4 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

If they had to change VAs but kept him sounding 95-99% the same with the new VA I could get used to it, but a voice that sounds closer to warrior/inquisitor?  It's just not the same.  I love my warriors and inquisitors, but I don't want a voice like theirs for agent 😔

Agreed here too.

Just now, miiinaa said:
  Hide contents

Mine is too. I jumped headfirst into the update with my agent, excited to play my boy again, and I was genuinely flabbergasted at how different it was. I'd literally just did Theron's date night too so their voices together were FRESH in my mind. Absolutely devastating.

OMG yeah, that is.... omg.  THANK GOD my friend actually played her main agent first and told me about how he sounded different and gave me a clip of it* and I came to the forums to find out wtf happened, so I have not actually had to see my boy with the new voice, and I don't ever intend to.  I feel so so badly for everyone who jumped right in with their male agents expecting the norm and getting.... that.  And having to find out after the fact from a tiny "oh btw" note from the devs on the forums. 😔

*side note that my friend's main agent is a BT1 and so that was the clip I saw and omg the voice was even more jarring.  One of the best things about male agent voice imo was that it fit BT1 so so well and now it totally doesn't.  My main is not BT1 but I have 8 male agents in total (I planned to play all the different romances... that's sort of out the window now since most of the romances haven't officially started before this VA change 😥) and half of them are BT1 for that reason.

7 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

I feel so so badly for everyone who jumped right in with their male agents expecting the norm and getting.... that.  And having to find out after the fact from a tiny "oh btw" note from the devs on the forums. 😔

Yeah, I do too. It's so heartbreaking to open the update up with that, and so jarring to hear so little acknowledgement.

8 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

*side note that my friend's main agent is a BT1 and so that was the clip I saw and omg the voice was even more jarring.  One of the best things about male agent voice imo was that it fit BT1 so so well and now it totally doesn't.  My main is not BT1 but I have 8 male agents in total (I planned to play all the different romances... that's sort of out the window now since most of the romances haven't officially started before this VA change 😥) and half of them are BT1 for that reason.

OMG yeah, BT1 for sure fits Carvel's voicing, but now... no. I have multiple male agents as well, was planning a bit of the same. Completely thrown out of whack. 😢

• Sad 1

At least we got the Theron date night with Bertie Carvel's agent voice.

I didn't even plan on having a "main" and just made a pureblood male agent because I just unlocked the pureblood race and thought it hilarious to make a pureblood agent. But the moment I heard his voice I was hooked. He has become my main and the only character I do serious role play with, writing background and personalities that fit the choices and of course THE VOICE. The smooth silky voice that's like the cold aim of a sniper and yet when he flirts it's like an otherwise aloof cat who you know is a killing machine and will kill a man if he could purring at you because he actually likes you. Bertie Carvel's voice IS the agent to ME and I'm still gutted and will be forever sad to this change.

BS made an afterthought of "hey btw we replaced one of the MAIN CAST here's the new guy" is disrespectful to both the old and new voice actors, and the players who love Bertie Carvel's voice whose work is highly praised whenever voice acting in this game is mentioned among talented voice actors.

PS: I'm just a simple asian who can't keep up with all the mess happening in the world I'm dying to know what march he joined, pls pm me I'm curious...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eabevella said:

I didn't even plan on having a "main" and just made a pureblood male agent because I just unlocked the pureblood race and thought it hilarious to make a pureblood agent. But the moment I heard his voice I was hooked. He has become my main and the only character I do serious role play with, writing background and personalities that fit the choices and of course THE VOICE. The smooth silky voice that's like the cold aim of a sniper and yet when he flirts it's like an otherwise aloof cat who you know is a killing machine and will kill a man if he could purring at you because he actually likes you. Bertie Carvel's voice IS the agent to ME and I'm still gutted and will be forever sad to this change.

BS made an afterthought of "hey btw we replaced one of the MAIN CAST here's the new guy" is disrespectful to both the old and new voice actors, and the players who love Bertie Carvel's voice whose work is highly praised whenever voice acting in this game is mentioned among talented voice actors.

I ran out of reactions available for today, so I can't put a like on it, but YES, YES, YES, agreed to everything.

9 minutes ago, eabevella said:

PS: I'm just a simple asian who can't keep up with all the mess happening in the world I'm dying to know what march he joined, pls pm me I'm curious...

done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eabevella said:

See, you get it. I purely made my agent just to finish the story like a couple years ago, came back for May the 4th, and finished it within a few days, that's how hooked I got with his voice. He became my main after that. Life-changing experience. Part of me is still waiting to be pinched or woken up from a dream, the denial is strong with this one.

• Like 1

Just now, miiinaa said:

See, you get it. I purely made my agent just to finish the story like a couple years ago, came back for May the 4th, and finished it within a few days, that's how hooked I got with his voice. He became my main after that. Life-changing experience. Part of me is still waiting to be pinched or woken up from a dream, the denial is strong with this one.

Even when I'm power leveling a toon just for endgame purpose, I still stop and listening to the male agent's lines because they're just *that* good.

5 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

I ran out of reactions available for today, so I can't put a like on it, but YES, YES, YES, agreed to everything.

done.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Even when I'm power leveling a toon just for endgame purpose, I still stop and listening to the male agent's lines because they're just *that* good.

Literally same, he's one of my fave VAs in the entire game, and no matter how many agents I make, I have to listen to him talk for every line, even if I spacebar through everything else happening!!

A little sidebar true story to help show just how much I love my agent:

I personally despise the imperial story Ossus-onward.  Even on saboteur because there's so little saboteur content.  I just don't like it, don't enjoy, it's not for me (I won't go into my ranting list of reasons why here 😅).  But I love my male agent main SO MUCH that despite him being a staunch and vocal imperial hater who wouldn't even ally with them during KotET so pretending to play nice with them is super super out of character 😅, he's the ONE imperial that I was playing through the whole story (so far anyway) just because I wanted him to be the one imperial side character who was caught up and could play everything (and he's also a Theronmancer and I wanted to see all the Theron scenes with him too).  Now, well, guess I have no imps caught up with the main story and if I ever do it'll be a while. 😔

• Like 1

Literally same, he's one of my fave VAs in the entire game, and no matter how many agents I make, I have to listen to him talk for every line, even if I spacebar through everything else happening!!

A little sidebar true story to help show just how much I love my agent:

I personally despise the imperial story Ossus-onward.  Even on saboteur because there's so little saboteur content.  I just don't like it, don't enjoy, it's not for me (I won't go into my ranting list of reasons why here 😅).  But I love my male agent main SO MUCH that despite him being a staunch and vocal imperial hater who wouldn't even ally with them during KotET so pretending to play nice with them is super super out of character 😅, he's the ONE imperial that I was playing through the whole story (so far anyway) just because I wanted him to be the one imperial side character who was caught up and could play everything (and he's also a Theronmancer and I wanted to see all the Theron scenes with him too).  Now, well, guess I have no imps caught up with the main story and if I ever do it'll be a while. 😔

To me, the Kotxx story simply doesn't fit my SW and SI. I feel the SW as more of a long wolf who's more into a personal journey than a spot in the power structure and the SI more likely to be a nerd (like Darth Silthar from the Tattoine Planetary story). Not helping when my LS JK is pretty much what the Kotxx story written in mind. Oh, and I always prefer the BH to be her own clan (never feel strongly with that class).

But my agent fit well into Kotxx as a rogue agent. I imagine him forming a trusting relationship with Darth Marr since Makeb (love their dialogue on the ship with their sass). I imagine him working with my JK at the start of SoA (Manaan flashpoint), sees the big picture, and rescued my JK from carbonite. There is a lot of "refitting" the Kotxx story but I like how the idea of an imperial agent who's been betrayed by all parties forges his own way and breaks his chain, forming an Alliance with a Jedi (my JK), a SIS agent (Theron), a Sith (Lana). His voice also works well with a person capable of murder but still hold certain lines he wouldn't cross even back in the Empire, cold but you can hear more emotion and less bitterness if you pick the right dialogue options.

I hated how I was forced back to the Empire, I just wrote my own chapter where my agent follows my JK to be more aligned with the Republic. Even though I have to play the "imp side" story, the post 7.0 plot is so monotone that I don't have to play both side to figure out what's going on on the "pub side".

Enemy to friends to lovers between agent and Theron is what sold me the ship too lol

7 minutes ago, eabevella said:

To me, the Kotxx story simply doesn't fit my SW and SI. I feel the SW as more of a long wolf who's more into a personal journey than a spot in the power structure and the SI more likely to be a nerd (like Darth Silthar from the Tattoine Planetary story). Not helping when my LS JK is pretty much what the Kotxx story written in mind. Oh, and I always prefer the BH to be her own clan (never feel strongly with that class).

But my agent fit well into Kotxx as a rogue agent. I imagine him forming a trusting relationship with Darth Marr since Makeb (love their dialogue on the ship with their sass). I imagine him working with my JK at the start of SoA (Manaan flashpoint), sees the big picture, and rescued my JK from carbonite. There is a lot of "refitting" the Kotxx story but I like how the idea of an imperial agent who's been betrayed by all parties forges his own way and breaks his chain, forming an Alliance with a Jedi (my JK), a SIS agent (Theron), a Sith (Lana). His voice also works well with a person capable of murder but still hold certain lines he wouldn't cross even back in the Empire, cold but you can hear more emotion and less bitterness if you pick the right dialogue options.

I hated how I was forced back to the Empire, I just wrote my own chapter where my agent follows my JK to be more aligned with the Republic. Even though I have to play the "imp side" story, the post 7.0 plot is so monotone that I don't have to play both side to figure out what's going on on the "pub side".

Enemy to friends to lovers between agent and Theron is what sold me the ship too lol

Yeah, IMO KOTxx doesn't exactly work with every class. But in my head my primary character, my Imp Agent, basically messed around and found out his way into everything. He was nosy and it got him into places where he shouldn't have been, LOL. He chases conspiracies and finally gets to ally with the other primary characters in my legacy for SoR and allies himself strategically with the Republic, as he does. Through this he gains Marr's trust, and he's around when Marr appoints Lana as minister of the new intelligence agency. Ends up somehow becoming Marr's primary contact and goes into KOTxx by sheer coincidence. Requires a bit of rewriting but I also like the idea of him just forging his own path.

He ends up being a saboteur, he can't stand the Empire anymore. He starts working for himself. I think the voice lends itself well to that kind of development.

Always a sucker for enemies to lovers... immediately sold with the Theron romance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, miiinaa said:

Yeah, IMO KOTxx doesn't exactly work with every class. But in my head my primary character, my Imp Agent, basically messed around and found out his way into everything. He was nosy and it got him into places where he shouldn't have been, LOL. He chases conspiracies and finally gets to ally with the other primary characters in my legacy for SoR and allies himself strategically with the Republic, as he does. Through this he gains Marr's trust, and he's around when Marr appoints Lana as minister of the new intelligence agency. Ends up somehow becoming Marr's primary contact and goes into KOTxx by sheer coincidence. Requires a bit of rewriting but I also like the idea of him just forging his own path.

He ends up being a saboteur, he can't stand the Empire anymore. He starts working for himself. I think the voice lends itself well to that kind of development.

Always a sucker for enemies to lovers... immediately sold with the Theron romance.

Yeees another team Agent+Marr.

I love the dialogue they had before Makeb where Marr is like "I would kill you if not for the fact that I spent a lot of $$$ to find you" and Agent is like "I don't like you either" but at the end of that story they can form sort of a healthy relationship that leads to SoA and the start of KOTFE.

The agent is very good with the saboteur role. It is how I play the patches with mine even though in my heart he's sipping tea with my JK.

The frienemy moments on Ziost between the agent and Theron is so good. The spies, the betrayal, the heartbreak of having to part ways in less than optimal terms and not seeing each other until Kotxx... I'm a sucker for all that hurt/comfort stuffs.

• Like 1

My Agent is one of my first two (main) characters, going all the way back to 2014.  I am, like many other posters on this thread, completely gutted by this recast.

I comfort myself with two thoughts.  One, with their budget being what it is, I greatly doubt they're going to go back and change any of Carvel's existing lines.  And two... at least he had one last date with Lana to go out on.  (He's the only character I've ever romanced her with - another way he's special and unique to me.)

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.