Redeem code "MalgusWhen" doesnt get item

Hi!

After using Redeem code "MalgusWhen" at swtor.com i dont get any poster. Cant reuse code - because get message that was used. I have tried to relog/ get back to server list / change server... nothing worked.... Is it because you chaged website ? Before it always worked.

Hello.
same problem for me. French player, first time I used this code this morning.  ( the 05/12/2024)
The redeem screen just refreshes, it doesn't complete.  Even with caps, or not, or caps on M and W.

I tried with my two accounts which there are not the same mails, and have the same problem on both.
I tried too on differents internet browser. Usually, i used google chrome. But same result, same problem.

Can a moderator intervene? Should we create a ticket for assistance?
In advance, thank you!
Regards

Several days ago, I attempted to redeem the code per instructions (MALGUSWHEN) and literally nothing happened. Same as you.

Then I paid more attention to the actual Malgus poster being offered and thought to myself...Hrm, that looks familiar. Turns out the exact same Deco Poster of Malgus was already available in my Deco inventory. As @chaharbagh noted, the current Malgus poster was a reward offered at some point prior. I have no recollection of when I acquired it.

So, three points:

1) Check to see if you already have it.

2) While I think it is fine to reoffer previous rewards, Broadsword should have mentioned this point when announcing this reward.

3) This is my personal experience only; i.e., I'm not saying definitively there is no bug.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

2 hours ago, Jdast said:

2) While I think it is fine to reoffer previous rewards, Broadsword should have mentioned this point when announcing this reward.

They did mention this in the livestream. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like, "We gave this award out a few years ago, but a lot of players missed out, so we are offering it again." I know there have been some codes with short expirations. I think there was one that expired just a couple days after it was announced. This must have been one of those. However, I think this is also a way for them to save time and money. Ideally, they would have offered two decorations, the old one for players that missed it and a new one for all players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Dev Post

Hey all!

We did receive reports about this and the team did some digging. There was an issue for some players being unable to redeem the code (even if they didn't have the deco). Issue has now been fixed. So if you haven't been able to get the deco yet, make sure you redeem that code before May 16th! 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hey all!

We did receive reports about this and the team did some digging. There was an issue for some players being unable to redeem the code (even if they didn't have the deco). Issue has now been fixed. So if you haven't been able to get the deco yet, make sure you redeem that code before May 16th! 

I'm glad Broadsword fixed the bug that was afflicting some players. With that said, might I humbly suggest the next time you reoffer a reward (which is fine by the way, I think even good) you also make it clear in the written recap (not just the actual Livestream) that for many it will not be a new reward so we don't waste time trying to figure out why the code didn't work?

Many of us, myself included, didn't watch the Livestream and relied solely on the written recap. Ideally, that information would have also been provided on the actual Code Redemption page as well.

Regards,

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

FYI, this is all that what was presented to players about the Malgus Deco in the written recap of the Livestream:

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20240502-0

Redeem code "MalgusWhen" on your account page on swtor.com to get a Darth Malgus Stronghold decoration. Be sure to redeem this deco before May 16th

Edited by Jdast
Provided Link
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, EdratLightindark said:

So if we already had the previous malgus poster we don't get anything? (Because we already had it)

nope I just tried it it worked now

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2024 at 9:08 AM, JackieKo said:

Hey all!

Wait. so this code was for an old deco that I already had so I get nothing from the new code? Weird.. I used the code on day 1 and it said success. But, I guess this was for an old deco that I already had? @JackieKo
Also, why does the deco window show 40/40 and the hover pop up shows 40/50. I'm so confused and disappointed.

image.png.2048831b67a94e8074f2b444a4957ce2.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.