Will "phase 3 companions" permanently join us at some point?

I basically see pre Zakuul as Phase 1 when you still had you original 5 companions.  Zakuul was Phase 2 where we got some new permanent companions like Lana, Theron, Koth and Senya.

For Phase 3 I am thinking of significant characters who only appear post Zakuul and have sometimes joined you on certain significant story missions and in some cases have even been romanceable.  Mainly I refer to Krovos, Rivix, Arn Pelarun, Tau Adair and Anri.

Posted (edited)

I really really really hope so.  Especially if (hopefully WHEN) they get actual official romances beyond flirts, since I like to have my characters' romance option be their main companion!  Also, I hope added to that list:

Spoiler

Sa'har too!  PLS LET ME ROMANCE SA'HAR 😍

Edited by cannibithobbal

5 hours ago, AhsokaTanorules said:

I basically see pre Zakuul as Phase 1 when you still had you original 5 companions.  Zakuul was Phase 2 where we got some new permanent companions like Lana, Theron, Koth and Senya.

For Phase 3 I am thinking of significant characters who only appear post Zakuul and have sometimes joined you on certain significant story missions and in some cases have even been romanceable.  Mainly I refer to Krovos, Rivix, Arn Pelarun, Tau Adair and Anri.

Total number of Unique Companions (named with personality and custom appearance) in the game: 73

Minus 2 for Torian and Vette being Schrodinger's Companion (one can be dead while the other is alive)
Minus 3 for Arcann, Senya, & Koth (they can be killed in a Dark Side playthrough)
Minus 1 for SCORPIO (who "dies" during Zakuul arc)
Minus 1 for Vik (never returns after SoR)
Minus 2 for Malavai & Elara (you can only have 1 join you depending on which faction you sided with on Iokath)
Minus 1 for Theron (you can kill/abandon him as a Dark Side choice at the end of the Nathema Flashpoint)
Minus 18 for characters exclusive to particular character creation choices (Mako & Akaavi are exclusive to Smuggler & Hunter; Vector is exclusive to Agent; Felix, Nadia, Cedrax, & Zenith are exclusive to Consular; Doc is exclusive to Knight; Andronikos, Ashara, & Khem Val are exclusive to Inquisitor; Jaesa is exclusive to Warrior; Corso & Risha are exclusive to Smuggler; Pierce is exclusive to Imperial Alliance Commander; M1-4X is exclusive to Republic Alliance Commander)
Minus 14 for characters that you can easily miss (Altuur, Fen Zeil, Fae, & Amity are from Galactic Seasons; Hexid, Ranos, Okarr, Paxton, & Shae have to be bought at one of the GS Token vendors; Lysslo & H2-WF are rare drops (Hive of the Mountain Queen & A Traitor Among the Chiss respectively); Gamorrean Guard, Phrojo Nuray, & Quick Vrik are Event Rewards (Nar Shaddaa Nightlife & Dantooine Pirates))
Minus 1 for Treek (Cartel Market purchase)

Keeping every remaining permanent companion from the post-KotFE era results in 30 guaranteed companions (number assumes completion of all Alliance Alerts, Star Fortresses, & the HK-51 side quest).

You can only have 1 with you at a time.

You can only have 8 doing a task (which must be micro-managed).

That leaves 21 - 29 guaranteed companions sitting around twiddling their thumbs at any one time.

Thusly I ask you:
WHY DO YOU WANT MORE???????

Most of these characters have barely any story to begin with! Why would you want more useless characters??

I would much rather have a legitimate use for all my idle companions before we get any more of them! Like, set them to passively farm crafting resources or something! ANYTHING to give them some form of use when they're not in battle with me!

2 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

You can only have 1 with you at a time.

You can only have 8 doing a task (which must be micro-managed).

That leaves 21 - 29 guaranteed companions sitting around twiddling their thumbs at any one time.

Thusly I ask you:

Most of these characters have barely any story to begin with! Why would you want more useless characters??

I would much rather have a legitimate use for all my idle companions before we get any more of them! Like, set them to passively farm crafting resources or something! ANYTHING to give them some form of use when they're not in battle with me!

I mean that argument kind of makes sense, while we do earn some for specific area's, most new are limited to only 10 or 25 Influence at best.  

Also it seems in the last Live Stream, they talked about taking Companions out of Seasons, yet they will instead offer one like Basilisk Companion named B3-S1 "Bessie"; this will be thru a new system coming in 7.5.1 called Ventures.

We'll have to wait and see how that develops over time, and how often that updates, yet I suspect most of those Companions will be able to grow to 50.

3 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Minus 2 for Malavai & Elara (you can only have 1 join you depending on which faction you sided with on Iokath)

One small correction. If you're Sith Warrior, Malavai will join you even if you side with the Republic, in which case you can have both him and Elara. However, the same Sith Warrior will have an option to kill him.

For most players, these two will be -1, not -2, with the exception of Sith Warrior who can potentially end up with both, one, or none.

In addition, most of the dead companions can be "resurrected" out of the terminal.

6 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Hexid, Ranos, Okarr, Paxton, & Shae have to be bought at one of the GS Token vendors

Hexid is available from the With A Little Help From My Friends cheevo, for completing 40 Group Finder activities.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Thusly I ask you:

I do think Bioware should do a thing where you can open new dialogue with characters when you get to a certain level of freindship with them but that is almost deserving of its own thread.

Also some of my characters have missed romance options because of reasons and it would be nice to have some new meat available for this.  After all it's one of the few features that have prevented me from canceling my subscription to this game including the fact that they still put out new story.  For example my BH would never romance someone like Mako and it seems he will never be allowed to romance Kaliyo so if they make Anri a permanent romance-able companion that would do.  My trooper might also be open to romancing Tau if Shae is never romanceable.  MY LS femwarrior would be willing to romance Krovos if vette never becomes SGRA.

If I had known back then that date night might be a thing I might not have had my smuggler ditch Theron or my LS Warrior drive Koth away.

Edited by AhsokaTanorules

13 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Thusly I ask you:

You can only wear one outfit at a time and you can only ride one mount at a time, yet people always want more.

I like companions thusly I ask you:

WHY DO YOU NOT WANT ME TO HAVE MORE??????

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Also it seems in the last Live Stream, they talked about taking Companions out of Seasons, yet they will instead offer one like Basilisk Companion named B3-S1 "Bessie"; this will be thru a new system coming in 7.5.1 called Ventures.

I know. They're replacing Seasons Companions with Ventures. It's a way to make you earn the companion instead of just getting them.

Still would like something to do with them instead of having them sit around twiddling thumbs.

15 hours ago, VegaMist said:

One small correction. If you're Sith Warrior, Malavai will join you even if you side with the Republic, in which case you can have both him and Elara. However, the same Sith Warrior will have an option to kill him.

I actually never knew that. I'm only just now getting up to Iokath on my Warrior and was planning to go Imp anyway.

My methodology was to filter down to "universal characters that are "guaranteed" to be gotten" (characters that can be obtained by every Origin regardless of narrative choices and aren't locked behind Events or rare drops), and threw Treek in there because some people might not want to purchase her from the CM and may not know that you can get her contract for 1m Credits in the Fleet Bazaar.

12 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Hexid is available from the With A Little Help From My Friends cheevo, for completing 40 Group Finder activities.

I've had her so long that I actually forgot about that.

10 hours ago, AhsokaTanorules said:

I do think [Broadsword] should do a thing where you can open new dialogue with characters when you get to a certain level of freindship with them but that is almost deserving of its own thread.

Also some of my characters have missed romance options because of reasons and it would be nice to have some new meat available for this.  After all it's one of the few features that have prevented me from canceling my subscription to this game including the fact that they still put out new story.  For example my BH would never romance someone like Mako and it seems he will never be allowed to romance Kaliyo so if they make Anri a permanent romance-able companion that would do.  My trooper might also be open to romancing Tau if Shae is never romanceable.  MY LS femwarrior would be willing to romance Krovos if vette never becomes SGRA.

If I had known back then that date night might be a thing I might not have had my smuggler ditch Theron or my LS Warrior drive Koth away.

Back when the game was initially released, that's how it actually happened. The Companion Story Events that pop up every so often in the vanilla story? Those used to be locked to Influence level, to my knowledge. It was moved to story progress for convenience sake.

I don't think they'll add romance options to every character. They likely could, but I don't think they will. That's a lot of work, and they're a tiny team. Unless you'd be willing to take the steps to become a professional game writer and get hired for the job?

Besides: I don't really romance anyone from post-Vanilla. The only time I'm doing so right now is my Agent and Trooper, who are starting to court Theron (I think I missed my chance with Jorgon, or got locked out because my Trooper is a Nautolan; and I just thought it was thematically ironic for my Imperial Spy to romance a Republic Spy).

5 hours ago, juliushorst said:

You can only wear one outfit at a time and you can only ride one mount at a time, yet people always want more.

I like companions thusly I ask you:

WHY DO YOU NOT WANT ME TO HAVE MORE??????

You can unlock a "Use Random Mount" ability that chooses a mount at random from any mount you tag as "Favorite", and outfits can be changed on the fly via the Outfitter; though I'd personally prefer if they stopped chasing after Derpney trends and focused more on their own designs.

I'd be perfectly happy with getting more companions if:
1. They had more development and characterization than one simple trope
&
2. If I had something to do with the massive amount of companions that can't fight by my side

Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with Seasons experimenting with other types of rewards.

Edited by Gamer_Auto

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I know. They're replacing Seasons Companions with Ventures. It's a way to make you earn the companion instead of just getting them.

Still would like something to do with them instead of having them sit around twiddling thumbs.

Yes I agree, I always thought when Level 80 was introduced they might at least increase this to 9 or possibly 11; yet given many crafters gather on 2, 3, or 4 or more toons, guess they figured this was not required... 

I wasn't expecting a large increase, yet point is valid we have a lot more Companions, that we even come close to requiring.  

Something new to do with Companions would also be interesting, just like they are trying with Ventures in how we acquire them...

Edited by Strathkin

18 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with Seasons experimenting with other types of rewards.

They removed companions from seasons and relegated them to a new grind. I find it better than removing new companions entirely but worse than the previous arrangement. For the last two seasons I'm doing them because there is not much else to do but I don't think I used any of the rewards other than mission unlocks, new companions were my main reason to be excited for seasons.

Posted (edited)

Personally, i wish for the following

- Rass Ordo to be a recruitable romanceable companion for all classes

- Zenith to be recruitable for all Rep classes and for the Saboteur Imperials ( what better way to sabotage the Empire if not from the inside? ) 

I'm aware he ( Zenith) is a tough nut, but i see no reason why he wouldn't work well with a Trooper, Smuggler or  (origin story) Guardian/ Sentinel. 

Edited by Hrafnhildur
typo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

- Zenith to be recruitable for all Rep classes and for the Saboteur Imperials ( what better way to sabotage the Empire if not from the inside? ) 

I'm aware he ( Zenith) is a tough nut, but i see no reason why he wouldn't work well with a Trooper, Smuggler or  (origin story) Guardian/ Sentinel. 

YES.

SO MUCH YES.

and make him fully romanceable you cowards 😂

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 12:38 AM, Gamer_Auto said:

Okarr, Paxton, & Shae have to be bought at one of the GS Token vendors

These three all unlock as alliance alerts, the vendor just let's you get that early. Not required to unlock them. (Some characters I get them right away if I plan on skipping kotfe and kotet otherwise I get them normally)

2 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

These three all unlock as alliance alerts, the vendor just let's you get that early. Not required to unlock them. (Some characters I get them right away if I plan on skipping kotfe and kotet otherwise I get them normally)

They have to buy them to get the alerts if they didn’t get those comps when they were originally available. 

• Like 2

I wish Okarr was romance able.  At the very least they need to do some significant adventure story around him seeing as how significant he was in the intro movie.  At least Jace finally appeared on Iokath.