World Boss Queue

2 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

What's "Sparks of War" in this context? Wasn't that an old update title?

It's a Galactic Seasons mission objective to defeat 25 Champion Guards on a specific planet.

image.png.1e1a897469bdba662f444493040f8f7d.png

3 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I'll make a note of it and see if I can figure it out when I log in next.

If not already, make sure System Feedback is turned off so your chat isn't flooded with joins and leaves

image.png.9305d66f09a4b4f80de624572ba7c6f6.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

It's a Galactic Seasons mission objective to defeat 25 Champion Guards on a specific planet.

image.png.1e1a897469bdba662f444493040f8f7d.png

If not already, make sure System Feedback is turned off so your chat isn't flooded with joins and leaves

image.png.9305d66f09a4b4f80de624572ba7c6f6.png

Ah. That objective. Gotcha.

I'll do that. I've been getting tired of all the subtitles being shoved into that log anyway.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:27 PM, Gamer_Auto said:

Is that because they're bugged and don't work properly? Or are people not using the convenience tool tin the game because they've gotten used to using secret chat rooms and Discord? There's a huge difference between those two scenarios. Because I know that the VetFP one works perfectly fine. It has a bug that only drops groups into Hammer Station or Athiss, but it groups people up and drops them in a FP.

Both

We've been burned so many times we've mostly given up on it. But also we've tried queueing flashpoints as a group of three with a tank, a dps, and a healer, just needed one DPS.

Here's where it gets fun:

My friend on sage heals gets added as a DPS when it pops. We drop confirm he's set heals only and try again: Same thing.

I swap to a DPS (assassin, just role swapped, but logged out and back in after), he swaps to tank and we queue. No pop.

I swapped to my sage discipline and just to test it I queued as HEALS only. We popped. With me on DPS.

We only popped if one of us was sage, and it put us in the wrong role for two different people (I filed a bug report)

So yeah, it's STILL broken as hell, and basically useless and that's why nobody uses it. Adding more stuff to it will not improve on that sadly.

2 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

Both

We've been burned so many times we've mostly given up on it. But also we've tried queueing flashpoints as a group of three with a tank, a dps, and a healer, just needed one DPS.

Here's where it gets fun:

My friend on sage heals gets added as a DPS when it pops. We drop confirm he's set heals only and try again: Same thing.

I swap to a DPS (assassin, just role swapped, but logged out and back in after), he swaps to tank and we queue. No pop.

I swapped to my sage discipline and just to test it I queued as HEALS only. We popped. With me on DPS.

We only popped if one of us was sage, and it put us in the wrong role for two different people (I filed a bug report)

So yeah, it's STILL broken as hell, and basically useless and that's why nobody uses it. Adding more stuff to it will not improve on that sadly.

That suuucks.

I've done solo GoupFinder for VetFP, and it seemingly works just fine for me (as in, the group is filled and placed in a mission). But I've not tried queuing when grouped. If that's true, that's a major issue and needs to be looked at asap. Group Finder is how anti-social/socially stunted solo players like me get achievements like "complete X FPs" done.

But disregarding bugs and looking solely at the intention of the tool, I'd say that, overall, adding all the activities that require/would be best with a group to the GroupFinder is only a good thing (All levels of Uprising, since the Story Ups aren't properly balanced for Solo play; all levels of Ops; Veteran Star Fortress; Eternal Tournament; Instance Bosses; World Bosses in general).

On 5/6/2024 at 11:49 AM, JadisUK said:

That is known bug, as it never gives one and very annoying one.

On 5/9/2024 at 8:26 AM, Traceguy said:

The warbot doesn't drop loot. If it's supposed to, it's bugged

On 5/10/2024 at 6:30 AM, Gamer_Auto said:

It's at least supposed to give a quest item for Qyzen Fess' Alliance Alert (either hunt in specific places on Hoth for 3 "worthy" beast targets spawned at random, or fight pre-KotFE WBs to "tell him of your hunts"), but I've done that WB with that quest open twice now, and neither time gave me the item to turn in to Qyzen.

The reason you guys don't get loot, is at 10% (believe it was 10% at least somewhere near that number) the warbot activates a self destruct mode.  If you kill him before the self destruct goes off you get the loot.  If you don't, no loot.  The amount of time you have to kill him before the self destruct goes off, is fairly low, but doable.  So if you're in a pug where most of the people can't dps to save their life, let alone not die during the encounter to contribute the dps necessary, you are never going to see that loot.  Having done this in guild, where the average player skill is higher than a brainless monkey I can attest to the fact that it does in fact drop loot if you kill it before the self destruct goes off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Setta said:

The reason you guys don't get loot, is at 10% (believe it was 10% at least somewhere near that number) the warbot activates a self destruct mode.  If you kill him before the self destruct goes off you get the loot.  If you don't, no loot.  The amount of time you have to kill him before the self destruct goes off, is fairly low, but doable.  So if you're in a pug where most of the people can't dps to save their life, let alone not die during the encounter to contribute the dps necessary, you are never going to see that loot.  Having done this in guild, where the average player skill is higher than a brainless monkey I can attest to the fact that it does in fact drop loot if you kill it before the self destruct goes off.

Thank you for the info. I understand the idea (extra challenge for players), but personally think this is dumb and should be changed. At least give the Qyzen piece as an auto-collected drop for the sake of that quest.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 12:03 AM, Gamer_Auto said:

Thank you for the info. I understand the idea (extra challenge for players), but personally think this is dumb and should be changed. At least give the Qyzen piece as an auto-collected drop for the sake of that quest.

Ya it's an out dated mechanic that has no place in today's SWtoR game, so I agree with you.  However the chances of them changing it is probably slim to none.

Edited by Setta
  • Like 1