Basilisk Prototype Venture PTS Feedback Thread

• Dev Post

Hello! 

Below are feedback questions that the team would like players to answer regarding the Basilisk Venture system. 

It is important to note and reiterate that it will take time for players to completely unlock B3-S1. For PTS specifically, we want to know feedback on the overall process of training the Basilisk Prototype like completing the Dailies to repair the droid and upgrade her abilities. To set expectations, what players will see on the PTS are the beginnings of the venture only.

Additionally, please ensure that the character you copy over has access to the Ruhnuk Dailies. Otherwise, you will not be able to complete the Basilisk Prototype intro mission. 

Instructions:

• Once logged onto the PTS, you will arrive on Ruhnuk. A nearby terminal will allow you access to the intro mission. This terminal will only be available for PTS testing.   
  • Press Y to open your Legacy window and navigate to Ventures to view progress and objectives. 

Questions:

• After playing through the introductory mission, did you have a good understanding of how to progress the venture?
  • Was anything confusing or unclear about how to repair your Basilisk Prototype?
  • Was the Venture UI (in the Legacy Panel) clear and easy to understand? Were there any parts of it you had difficulty using?
  • What did you think of the Basilisk Prototype Companion itself? Is it something you would enjoy unlocking and using? Why or why not?
  • Did you encounter any issues that prevented you from progressing the Venture? Please describe them in detail.
  • Did you encounter any other bugs or issues during your testing?
  • What are your overall impressions of the Venture System and of the Basilisk Prototype Companion?

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I transfered a toon that does indeed have access to the ruhnuk dailies, in fact I have done the the new ord mental dailies as well, but for whatever reason on the PTS, it only shows up to rishi/iokath on the solo activities finder window.  So as of right now I can't do anything for the intro mission.

• Dev Post
21 minutes ago, metwars said:

Hi, I transfered a toon that does indeed have access to the ruhnuk dailies, in fact I have done the the new ord mental dailies as well, but for whatever reason on the PTS, it only shows up to rishi/iokath on the solo activities finder window.  So as of right now I can't do anything for the intro mission.

Hey there! Can you confirm if you are able to travel to the Daily Areas on your ship? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hey there! Can you confirm if you are able to travel to the Daily Areas on your ship? 

yep, I am able to travel there by ship, and pick up the initial mission for B3-S1 but when I right click the module to start the training for ruhnuk, it says I don't have access to the daily area.

Posted (edited)

The chievos are not copied, hence, no legacy access to the daily area and, apparently, a character who has completed all story lines neither has access for whatever reason.

image.thumb.png.87d132678490d105a93bc10074969142.png

Edited by The_Hightower

Intro

• I was missing Ruhnuk from my activities list (have it on live), but could fly there
  • Lip syncing of Lane missing
  • I was confused what happened to my "Data Cache" from the first quest (it auto-opened itself into currency and the three training modules I think)
  • I was confused on what to do after the cutscene with Lane, as there is a glowing blue "Prototype Data Storage" object, but Bessie herself does not have a quest marker over her head (further confusion from quest text: "Use a Data Chip to stabilize the Prototype Droid")
  • Pet bessie dialogue option needs more cuteness
  • "[Take the Basilisk Prototype Droid out for training] Ready to go, Bessi?" (felt unsure about whether it was a good time to start this, as rolling over the currency says "Data Chips are used to stabilize the Basilisk Prototype for a short time." Is that 15 minutes? 30 minutes? an hour? 2 hours? how long is the task? I only have three chips so far. Should I delay working on this till I know i have enough time? Even once I bit the bullet and used the chip i wasnt sure about the timer)
  • "Use a training module in your inventory" -> They are greyed out. When I right-click them it says I have no access to the daily area. (I wonder of this is what was posted above, the achievements not properly copying so it thinks my character does not have access....)
  • Could not progress further.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ruhnuk rarebit mission does not count for the bessi quest, I unlocked Ruhnuk daily area on PTS after doing Ruhnuk story on alt on pts

other mission neither counted for Ruhnuk aggressor, so the bug seems more severe

Edited by The_Hightower

• Dev Post
10 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Jimminy cricket.  Broadsword should do some initial testing before pushing out to player testing...  These should not be "found" by players on PTS.... 

The PTS environment is not the same as the live or dev environments. If you're familiar with PTS iterations, there are instances where, as examples, terminals are conveniently placed to give gear to players or transport them to where they need to be. That is not natural game progress. Regarding this intro mission for the Venture System, this scenario would not be experienced on the live environment because this starting point is set up differently and specifically for PTS. 

That said, I will reiterate that the team is investigating. For now, locking this thread. Once we get a pathway opened up for players, I will unlock this thread, so players can answer the feedback questions. 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Dev Post

Unlocking this thread so we can get some reports in. The team would like to know what happens when you log out of the PTS and back in again. We tested characters and saw the necessary Achievements register, so we could begin the missions. 

Thanks! 

• Thanks 2

• Dev Post

Adding another note that I've added to the OP. If you open your Legacy window, you can navigate to Ventures to view your progress and objectives! 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Unlocking this thread so we can get some reports in. The team would like to know what happens when you log out of the PTS and back in again. We tested characters and saw the necessary Achievements register, so we could begin the missions. 

Thanks! 

No good, logged out of the PTS server and logged back in. Modules are still grayed out and cant use them or have any access to Ruhnuk dailies despite being able to do them on live servers.

Untitled.png

Posted (edited)

Same for me. Logged out and back in, but the modules are still grayed out. I even quit the game and got back in, but that didn't help either. 

Only a few random achievements showed up in my legacy, but none of the ones for the dailies.

Edited by OrangeHarry
wording

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Adding another note that I've added to the OP. If you open your Legacy window, you can navigate to Ventures to view your progress and objectives! 

There are 4 selectable items in the upper right corner, three training modules and one data chip. The mouse-over claims that when I right click I can receive the item. I clicked on but nothing ends up in my inventory, mission items inventory, or currency tab.

Edited by HobbesToo

(continued)

• I left the room and lost bessie and wasnt entirely sure where she went (N on the keyboard to resummon)
  • Eventually I wandered away again, and I wanted to try again, but couldn't remember how to get back to Lane's lab where bessie, who had run out of her timer, was.
    image.thumb.png.a84b7ae9ace5e720e50d2315dd55c61a.png
  • When I got back Bessie DID have a quest marker! nice!
    image.png.2f9b9d44e82e17d4137120151ff79de6.png
  • Still no access to daily area even after logging in and out.

I copied over another character who should have access to Ruhnuk and still no luck on the new characte when i try to use the [Support Training Module: Ruhnuk][Combat Training Module: Ruhnuk][Defense Training Module: Ruhnuk] on bessie.

image.png.6993bc7f4419a5a6402af9eb39b8dcc5.png

Posted (edited)

1. Lane's mouth not moving is super freaky lol

2. On a character that's fully caught up on the story, and he has no access to the Daily Area, meaning he can't use the modules.

3. Bessie's nameplate is REALLY wiggly, it does Not like staying above her head (or her hitbox ig).

4. Agreed with @LadyAdmiral that the "Pet" dialogue option needs to have a silly/cute visual when it goes live!

Gonna see what I can do ab manually unlocking access to Ruhnuk, but unsure if ill be able to since ive already done the quests for it :/

2a. Travelled to another area by speeder (well into the daily area) and that didn't unlock the modules, and there's no available quests for me to take to get in.

Edited by EnbyDisaster_

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Thanks! 

- logging in/out,

- transferring further toons from different or same server

- restarting PTS

did not(!!!) lead to any achievements being granted and/or access to daily area being granted

I transferred two toons on which I was able to do unlock Ruhnuk story and Onderon story, respectively, on the PTS itself, i.e. one toon having the story quest "A rock and a hard place" and one toon which had completed Mek-Sha story but not "Objective Meridian". This is the only reason why achievements for the story completion popped up and why people have been granted access to the respective daily area on the PTS.

This is not surprising at all because since one of the previous PTS iterations, the achievements are no longer copied to PTS and apparently daily areas unlocked by story progression are also stripped from the character when copying to PTS.

As already stated previously one of my character having completed all story missions on the live servers, i.e. which has completed Kessan's Landing and all Lane Viszla quests, has no access to any daily area which needs to be unlocked by story. 

Edited by The_Hightower

Posted (edited)

Next bug report:

I completed repair level 1 of the basilisk and one of the two repair steps of repair level 2. Weekly caps of all currencies are maxed out and I cannot do any further repair streps due to missing currency.
I can still do the missions "Basilisk Training: Ruhnuk Defender" and the corresponding missions for DPS and HEAL on further toons.
However, the achievement "Basilisk Training: Defender" (cf. below) and the corresponding achievements for DPS and HEAL do not progress.

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by The_Hightower

1) Picked up Bessi and got 3 modules in inventory

2) Found NO Ventures UI in my legacy window

3) "You have not access to daily area"

STUCKED