What species do you want to see as the next one?

Please keep in mind all these species need to speak the basic + all must be "human type" + all their faces must be good for facial animations and clothes in the game. :tran_cool:

For me I would really get Devaronian as next species adding for the game. I think it could be the easiest species to add in the game now. Please Broadsword, let me play a Devaronian body hunter, smuggler and jedi :t_smile:

Customizations could be easy to make because there aren't so many to do. For female Devaronian, we could get a normal skin like darth Maladi.

Dark_Maladi.thumb.webp.2deabc091fe1b90b68915319dabb0fa7.webp

We could get these customizations:

Customizations will be for the males:

• New faces
  • Horn options
  • New skin colors
  • Size
  • New jewelry options

Customizations will be for the female:

• New faces
  • New hair options
  • New hair color options
  • New skin colors
  • New jewelry options
  • Size
  • New "facial tattoos"

Cl05V5c.png.b8e1057dcc7e3f7a22706c7e0d624657.thumb.png.639118e4fef492d8ba274f523f8ac267.png

EdC2rZZ.png.317e515710c91c625cb09c9f12ea1ab5.thumb.png.d47d546b995ad1219dd48adb8757a004.png

Edited by orichichan
  • Like 1

although it technically exists in-game already, but whatever species Nadia Grell is (I believe all material says she's from Sarkhai)

47 minutes ago, orichichan said:

For me I would really get Devaronian as next species adding for the game. I think it could be the easiest species to add in the game now. Please Broadsword, let me play a Devaronian body hunter, smuggler and jedi :t_smile:

this would be cool, espesially if we can customize the male to look more like Hellboy! 😁

• Like 1

I think all options should be available for both female/male of the species.

One thing to consider tho is that just as with twilliks and lekku, horns for a deveronian shouldn't be completely covered by head-gear.

I liked the armor they made for twillik for the whole mando arch.

7 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

I think all options should be available for both female/male of the species.

I think I agree with this except for the horns. Horns are a specific characteristic of the males, the females are hornless. :t_smile:

I don't think that this would apply to the Devaronian race.  But for any Player Race.

"They MUST speak Basic as their Primary language"

"They MUST be Human Sized and be able to use Human Sized gear and Weapons".

One more thing is that a player race "CANNOT conflict with the story line in any way".

If they meet these 3 requirement then the species can be used as a player race.

Oh and that EA/BS wants to spend the money to pay voice actors for 8 classes, 8 sub classes and translations for other regional languages too.

This has been a question going back as far as launch. Over twelve years later, still waiting on a Mon Cal, which is already in the game, just not playable. At this point, it's probably never happening. lol  So I play human or Chiss.

6 hours ago, orichichan said:

I think I agree with this except for the horns. Horns are a specific characteristic of the males, the females are hornless. :t_smile:

Not so in the Bad Batch episode.

Horn clipping will be a big problem, but BS could take the chance and make "hood off" option viable before they make new helmets compatible with horns.

However, my wish is humble so: PURPLE TWI'LEK WHEN?

IsaDurand-TBB-PathsUnknown.webp

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, eabevella said:

Not so in the Bad Batch episode.

Swtor still is a game from the Legends so I would keep this aspect in the game and not put too much canon in here. :t_smile:

Also in both canon and legends, female Devaronian are hornless. It's even said on the official website.

image.png.adbb08f6739216d20cff8a28c0379a91.png

https://www.starwars.com/databank/devaronian

Of course, The Bad Batch is here but it's another retcon from Mr. Filoni and I'm not a fan of it at all when in the canon, it's litteraly said Female Devaronian are hornless on guides and on the official website. I were "chocked" when I saw it in The Bad Batch and it comes from someone who loves The Bad Batch. :rak_03:

I will be honest with you I don't like how works Dave Filoni with the canon now. He doesn't know the lore so well and take too much liberties in his series. He makes too much retcons in the canon with novels and guides and it's not how it works, he doesn't have the right to ignore the lore of other novels, comics and guides to make his own series. He must know the whole lore and not just what he wants. Don't forget the new canon by Disney: every novel, comic, serie and movie is on the same level in the canon. That's why the legends and other things were put on a side and they just keep the 6 movies and tcw.

I really prefer these kind of customizations for Devaronian because they look like this in the canon and mostly the legends. Also it could be interessing to finally get a species with big differences between males and females in the game and not just the ears for example. :t_smile:

Customizations will be for the males:

• New faces
  • Horn options
  • New skin colors
  • Size
  • New jewelry options

Customizations will be for the female:

• New faces
  • New hair options
  • New hair color options
  • New skin colors
  • New jewelry options
  • Size
  • New "facial tattoos"

12 hours ago, eabevella said:

However, my wish is humble so: PURPLE TWI'LEK WHEN?

Me too I would like so much more color skins for Twi'lek like purple but also white, lavender and a "proper orange".  :t_smile:

We asked them since 2015!! It's just four color skins!! Please Broadsword add them in the game. :tran_grin:

I made a thread about this:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/915203-new-skin-colors-for-twilek-purple-white-lavender/

Feel free to see it. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

Why should males be the only ones that get all the goodies? 

Again, I think we can step away from what one author came up with and find a way for both genders to have horns.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Shayddow said:

I don't find it's a good thing to give horns for females. Males and females have a dramatic gender dimorphism and I would like to keep this like that.

image.png.1fcad7e38b5628d73834508899959ed7.png

https://www.starwars.com/databank/devaronian

The Devaronians were one of the more unusual races in the galaxy, with a dramatic gender dimorphism in appearance and temperament.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Devaronian/Legends

Again, I think we can step away from what one author came up with and find a way for both genders to have horns.

It's not just one author but it's in the lore. Males have horns and females doesn't.

Of course it's just my opinion but I hope they will keep this dramatic gender dimorphism for males and females because it's an important characteristic of this species and it's one of their main flavour. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

Posted (edited)

Alien male: cool non-human features that make them "alien"

Alien female: hot female human with a different skin color, must have t*ts

Ever wonder why "sexual dimorphism" always work like this and not the other way around? lol

Edited by eabevella

4 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Alien male: cool non-human features that make them "alien"

Alien female: hot female human with a different skin color, must have t*ts

Not really that. 😅

I would like to keep their dramatic gender dimorphism in appearance as we already know it. :t_smile:

Also other subjet:

Do you think we will get more color skins for Twi'lek with purple for example? I still keep hope because it's just a color for a skin so it shouldn't a big task to make it. But with the time it's really difficult to know if they will do it one day.

Just need to see this thread with no answer from Bioware/Broadsword about the subject since 2015.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/733582-twilek-purple-skin/

I really want to make Twi'lek with purple and white skins. 😊

Don't hesitate to put other species than Devaronian you would like to see in the game coming from the canon or the legends here. I'm curious to know what race you would like to get. :t_smile:

I hope we will get a new race for the 7.5 stream or in the 8.0.

5 hours ago, orichichan said:

Don't hesitate to put other species than Devaronian you would like to see in the game coming from the canon or the legends here. I'm curious to know what race you would like to get. :t_smile:

I hope we will get a new race for the 7.5 stream or in the 8.0.

we never really get a new species for a patch between expansions i think the only 1 that may have come in during a patch was cathar i think. but with togruta and nautolans they made them expansion species unlocks.

i agree with Devaronians. But Asati (force vamps kinda like lesser degree of Nihilus), Duros (Cad Bane's species), Kaleesh would be cool but i think them and Kel Dor because of the masks maybe off the table would love to see both of those in there though. Cyborgs being actually other species than humans would love to see Cyborg Twi'leks, Sith, Chiss, Zabrak, Cathar, Rattataki. Zeltrons would be interesting but they look so close to sith purebloods i dont think we will get them. 

Actually what i would love to see more is more customizations for what we do have.

1 hour ago, Kalnarius said:

Actually what i would love to see more is more customizations for what we do have.

I would like to see more customizations too mostly more hairstyles. Many of my characters have the same hairstyles. We really need more.

First of all, i would love to see Togruta males with proper lekku, like Kalatosh Zavros, for example. 

Second : Twilek with purple skin and face patterns like Paxton Rall's. 

Third : Nadia Grell's species ( sorry i always forget the name..) 

• Like 1