Separate conquest from gear progression

Like the title said. A friend returned to game and asked me about the gearing. His gear is outdated, so I explained how to get the set bonus and rakata gear these days. He wasn't exactly happy when he realized he would have to spam heroics and other conquest stuff on multiple alts to get gear for NiM raiding. It sounds silly and it is silly. He should get his gear from content he likes, not be forced to farm content he doesn't like. It's especially punishing for people who are versatile and play multiple classes because the set bonuses are so expensive.

More op-1 and tech frags needs to drop from operations, and all weeklies needs be returned to ops terminal to make operations a viable source for gear. Remove the requirement to kill all bosses with one character while at it. It's only messing up the gear progression, it has zero effect on conquest: last boss lockouts are still a thing. 

We have an option to convert conquest currency to ops currency, which is great, but we also need to be able to obtain enough op-1 from the content we need it for. That isn't happening right now. The rewards need to be increased heavily.

With the recent reputation nerf to conquest there's even more reason to separate conquest from gear progression. Changing the personal goal back to 50k too to compensate the loss of reputation points would help too. 

People have to do conquest on multiple alts to gear up for endgame pve, but you are making it impossible with the lack of meaningful conquest objectives and too high personal goal. Hence my suggestion: separate conquest from gear progression. You can do this by removing tech frags from the conquest rewards and adding them to actual content instead. You are already treating people in guilds unequally based on their guild size (small yield only get 300, large yield 500), even when those people are doing exactly the same amount of work to finish their personal conquest goals. In other words: you are punishing people for being in small guilds and favoring large guilds. Conquest should be something that only happens between guilds, but it should have never become a way to get gear.

• Like 1

While I disagree with changing the process to get minimum rating. I agree operation should give more op-1 and conquest points. Especially the event related ones. It took 7 years to get help with the rakgoul operation (granted I didn’t really do more then ask chat) and that was because of the new server.

Edited by AFadedMemory