How to beat a madness sorc 1v1?

wepeel

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, septru said:

Then I was wrong. I'm glad DM still has half-way decent players then. :)

What would we do without these half-way decent EU players to win the most successful PvP tournaments on NA...

I guess rage juggs would just win as this seems to be the norm with fully decent NA quality sorcs? :)

Edited by Syxah

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Syxah said:

I guess rage juggs would just win as this seems to be the norm with fully decent NA quality sorcs? :)

I probably wouldn't have taken rage jugg in that 1v1 tournament. That tournament was before 7.2 which was when rage jugg got their warmonger buff.

Edited by septru

Depends on the sorc a few are not killable with a Merc. Most are bad and very killable. There's probably less than 20 legit sorcs. 10 or less top tier. It really shouldn't be an issue 95% of the time.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, septru said:

Even without intercede, you have enrage, endure pain, maddash, obliterate, breaker and several 10+ meter abilities. Good snipers will get out of cover while you are rooted to reposition 15+ meters away to prevent your obliterate. When they do get out of cover, time your root breaks perfectly and leap for the 4s of immunity. 

I forgot about endure pain indeed doesn't change the fact that it's not enough to stay on a sniper. I would also add that mad dash is your only way to deny a full burst so you'll have to chose between using it as a dcd or as a movement purge and gap close ability. I still think that rage jugg loses against a lot of specs : engi, madness, conc, AP and maybe even merc specs, mmsniper, leth, lightning  but it's less certain.

6 hours ago, septru said:

No one plays DM anymore. 🤣 Not even the ex-ranked DM players play DM. They all went to SF because the population is higher. The only one who plays on DM is is that youtube streamer Ivano and his 8 man premade who enjoy queing into pugs all day. 

Felix, vlad, nittasha, gamechanger, moska, cola, aryon...and a lot more but I don't everyone off the top of my head. But all of them were playing last time I checked wich was a bit more than a month ago. 

Edited by Ajalkaar

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 5:05 PM, septru said:

No one plays DM anymore. 🤣 Not even the ex-ranked DM players play DM. They all went to SF because the population is higher. The only one who plays on DM is is that youtube streamer Ivano and his 8 man premade who enjoy queing into pugs all day. 

That is a false statement, Darth Malgus arenas are full of skilled arenas players, you see at least one golden / platinum player in each arena and you don't have to wait for an arena pop in the evening.

Matchmaking sucks big time, there is 50% chance at least one of the teams get an undergeared/inexperienced players, but there are very though matches especially if there is at least one 2-men premade in the queue.

Edited by varietasplus

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 6:36 AM, septru said:

Rage beats oper, sorc, sniper, and merc. Sin is the only thing that beats it. 

Now I am interested in your sever, because it does suggest an alternative reality regarding class balance as opposed to Darth Malgus. If you say all the best players are on SF and pop times are short, I am going to start a character there. Juggs are the worst performing classes in arenas on Darth Malgus and in case each team has one player left, it is always Lethal operative > Madness sorc > Engineering sniper > rest (that is they know what they are doing). Juggs/PTs only shine with tanks and/or healers so longs as the enemy is dumb enough to suck up AOE (which is most of the time with the current player base ...).

Edited by varietasplus

4 hours ago, varietasplus said:

Juggs are the worst performing classes in arenas on Darth Malgus and in case each team has one player left, it is always Lethal operative > Madness sorc > Engineering sniper > rest (that is they know what they are doing).

I never said juggs are good in arenas. I said juggs are good in duels. All those classes with probably the exception of engineering sniper would probably fare much better than a rage jugg in a 4 dps arena game. 

1 hour ago, septru said:

I never said juggs are good in arenas. I said juggs are good in duels. All those classes with probably the exception of engineering sniper would probably fare much better than a rage jugg in a 4 dps arena game. 

Well, too bad duel is a rare occurance in either arena or warzone (unless you go for enemy turret which is not really optimal with a rage jugg), but at the end of the day, the OP was asking duels specifically, so my bad I guess