Why doesn't Valkorion have a tomb?

What would have been a very cool feature for KOTFE or even KOTET was to see Valkorion's tomb.    Valkorion was the beloved Immortal Emperor of Zakuul, and has lead prosperity to the people of Zakuul for centuries, so I wonder, why doesn't he have a tomb?  I know that visiting a tomb of Valkorion would not  be that important in the game, but personally it would have been sick to see us, (the player) visit the Tomb of Valkorion and Valkorion's ghost guide us there. (I am talking about the Valkorion body, not the Tenebrae one, though it would have been cool to see the Emperor's OG body's hiding place). However, there is not tomb of Valkorion in the game, so I presumed there is no burial place of Valkorion in the lore either.  

So where is Valkorion's body now?  He was the beloved Emperor of Zakuul, and the people loved him.  I can't imagine the people of Zakuul undergoing an un-ceremonial burial or cremation for him, or just burying his body in some random site. I know this is not an important question, like, at all, but I always pondered this given that we don't find a "Tomb of Valkorion" on the Zakuul map or anything like that, and also because I am worried that because if that body was still out there, there might be a chance of another resurrection of him, (though I would like to doubt it).  What did the Zakuulans, specifically Vaylin and Arcann, do to there father's body? 

Pretty sure that in Arcann and Vaylin's place I would have stashed it in a trash compactor post State Funeral so maybe there's some kind of monument but the body isn't there because it was reduced to mush and thrown in a Sarlaac.

• Haha 2

I don't know about that.  Arcann and Vaylin had to make it seem like they punished the Outlander for killing Valkorion, and they pretend to play along with the Zakuul people that their beloved Emperor is dead and that they should avenge him. Plus, I think the people of Zakuul would get really mad at Arcann and Vaylin for treating their leader like that.

• 1 month later...

This is a legitimate point - in RL even when there is a regime change, they keep a tomb or some memorial.

Example: The pyramids, Lenin's tomb, Kim il Sung (?)s tomb (1st North Korean, grandfather of present ruler), Mausoleum of Genghis Khan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Valkorian's tomb or Vaylin's tomb would make for great locations for a new Operation or Flashpoint. 

If the devs like the idea, please don't make it like R-4 where for every boss, the operation group has to switch subclasses and loadouts. And don't make it into a situation where players have to farm it for two years to get better gear than everyone. I think I have PTSD. And have places where you're outside under a clear twinkling starry night, or a sunrise with rainbows and pretty birds. And then blend that in where you're inside really creepy places. Just some variation, where you're not deep in the R-4 tunnels for two years. 

But yeah, I think that would make for a great location in the game. I lean more towards Vaylin's Tomb, and would love to see her ghost as the last and final boss. With Valkorian laughing at the ops group throughout the whole experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 5:56 PM, Shayddow said:

This is a legitimate point - in RL even when there is a regime change, they keep a tomb or some memorial.

Example: The pyramids, Lenin's tomb, Kim il Sung (?)s tomb (1st North Korean, grandfather of present ruler), Mausoleum of Genghis Khan.

To the best of our knowledge, none of these real world leaders were murdered by their heir with a completely legitimate fear of their victim returning from the grave with vengeance in mind...

Valkorian's body was almost certainly destroyed by Arcann (both to make his return more difficult and to hide the fact that he was stabbed in the back by his son), but he might very well have established an 'official tomb' somewhere in his role as a 'dutiful son' but with a fake corpse (and presumably heavy monitoring to catch anyone too interested in eternal emperor for their own good).

On the other hand, there was literally no preparation for an imperial tomb before his death (he was literally 'eternal' after all), so it is possible this was still in the design/construction phase when the Outlander returns and ruins everything...

Edited by Ominovin

1 hour ago, Ominovin said:

To the best of our knowledge, none of these real world leaders were murdered by their heir with a completely legitimate fear of their victim returning from the grave with vengeance in mind...

Valkorian's body was almost certainly destroyed by Arcann (both to make his return more difficult and to hide the fact that he was stabbed in the back by his son)

How do you think Arcann destroyed his father's body?

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

What makes you think the Alliance didn't just dump her body in a ditch somewhere?

If the Outlander was light sided and Arcann and Senya live, they most certainly wouldn't have done that to her.

16 hours ago, erdanwright said:

If the Outlander was light sided and Arcann and Senya live, they most certainly wouldn't have done that to her.

Fair point, but the problem with using it as a site for an Operation or Flashpoint isn't those characters.  What about the DS types who darked out Arcann and Senya?  Where would the Op/FP happen for them?

• 2 weeks later...