Returning Player - how to transition into doing Ops and Uprising

Tigrin

I  was here for launch - took a break, came back ... took a break ... now back again.

I've done perhaps 4,678 runs of Hammer Station (lol).  Now have my main toon just about 340.   (In actuality, all those HS runs were good to re-learn everything).

Now I'd like to get into Ops and Uprisings.   I know to watch some Youtube videos to understand my job (dps or healer) -

1.  but which ones should I start with?  It's been so long and there's some new ones.   The original ones I wouldn't remember anyway.  I can catch up with the videos and posts on how to do it then I guess join the PuGs spammed out?

2.  I have a guild we made with my kids and friends.  I am the only one left but we have so much invested in ship and so forth.  I am sure a supporting guild would be the best way  - I can use an alt toon I guess and share the legacy equipment.   Any advice on decent guild to help with this that is kinda chill guild?

Thanks for any help or advice.  I still pine for the SWG days but SWTOR is still cool and 99% people I run across in Hammer runs are cool.  

PS  I swear I saw a guild recruiting with same name as a guild in SWG.

Edited by Tigrin

By the kind of guild you are looking im assuming you are interest only in sm  ops?
If thats the case i don't know of any guild, not because they don't exist i just don't do that content.
Sm ops now are very easy, they mechanics were all removed minus ec minefiled and r4, and think also dxun and gods but not sure, been years since i've done them. 
Sm ops are so easy you can even do them without heals or tanks

2 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

By the kind of guild you are looking im assuming you are interest only in sm  ops?
If thats the case i don't know of any guild, not because they don't exist i just don't do that content.
Sm ops now are very easy, they mechanics were all removed minus ec minefiled and r4, and think also dxun and gods but not sure, been years since i've done them. 
Sm ops are so easy you can even do them without heals or tanks

Sorry - meant the end game Ops stuff.  I guess the veteran and master modes.

Most of the articles i find are a bit dated - but I am assuming you run the vet and master modes to get the purple pieces then use the comms and such to continue to upgrade to 340?

which vet and master ops should i learn first to join any PuGs to start that process?

1 minute ago, Tigrin said:

Sorry - meant the end game Ops stuff.  I guess the veteran and master modes.

Most of the articles i find are a bit dated - but I am assuming you run the vet and master modes to get the purple pieces then use the comms and such to continue to upgrade to 340?

which vet and master ops should i learn first to join any PuGs to start that process?

They are dated but they are still useful since not much has changed. There is a player that is doing some in failry in depth guides of some classes that may help you if it's one of the classes you use. https://www.youtube.com/@TakesCooosh/featured

Those can help you all the way to nightmare, and then when you have the experience you can pick and choose what to use or change some things that are better  to your playstyle. 
Gearing is not very easy to explain now, but every nim op was tunned for 330 irating, so anything above it gear wise you will be good, if you know your rotation and good stats. 
Although it will always help to have more if you are new.

If you are new to them probably not to join any veteran or master mode op that is not EV or KP. For the others is best to find a team and learn it together.

31 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

They are dated but they are still useful since not much has changed. There is a player that is doing some in failry in depth guides of some classes that may help you if it's one of the classes you use. https://www.youtube.com/@TakesCooosh/featured

Those can help you all the way to nightmare, and then when you have the experience you can pick and choose what to use or change some things that are better  to your playstyle. 
Gearing is not very easy to explain now, but every nim op was tunned for 330 irating, so anything above it gear wise you will be good, if you know your rotation and good stats. 
Although it will always help to have more if you are new.

If you are new to them probably not to join any veteran or master mode op that is not EV or KP. For the others is best to find a team and learn it together.

Cool   Makes sense.   I'll check out that youtube.   Appreciate it!

21 hours ago, Tigrin said:

which vet and master ops should i learn first to join any PuGs to start that process

The old advice was to avoid PuGs for VM and MM Ops, because PuGs are reliably unreliable for quality of play.  See e.g. https://forums.swtor.com/topic/558251-the-weird-people-you-meet-in-group-finder/ for more than 400 pages of posts on the subject of PuGs being bad.

Which server do u play on? I think most of the time the hm/nim ops are reserved for mostly guilds because yeah they aren't necessarily pug friendly. I pug my way into the nim nefra and nim dash groups to tank and usually they are easy to clear but a whole operation is a different story. 

On 3/27/2024 at 6:49 PM, Samcuu said:

Which server do u play on? I think most of the time the hm/nim ops are reserved for mostly guilds because yeah they aren't necessarily pug friendly. I pug my way into the nim nefra and nim dash groups to tank and usually they are easy to clear but a whole operation is a different story. 

Star Forge.    I'll check around for some guilds I guess.  I can use an alt toon at least.

Thanks!