Changing Existing (First) Combat Style On Existing Characters?

The below patch notes don't seem to be true for me. They seem to say (correct me if I'm wrong or if this has changed since) but is it not saying that after Legacy of the Sith launches that we will be able to change our existing combat style (plus getting a second after class story) when logging into the game on existing characters? This never happened for me and I never saw an option to do so after coming back to the game and logging in on existing characters.

18 minutes ago, Saeten said:

you have to finish Ch 3 on at least one character to unlock it

Been playing since 2011 or whenever it launched. I definitely have on multiple toons.

Three things to check.
1. click K for Combat Styles and see if there is a "mission offer" button.
2. click Y and see if you bought Field Specialization character perk
3. What is your legacy level? Might be restricted.

The second combat style is a mission that should automatically be triggered for you.

3 minutes ago, coreymj said:

Been playing since 2011 or whenever it launched. I definitely have on multiple toons.

Then you have a mission called Training and Skills (or maybe Training in the Force), that's the one you complete to select your second combat style. I think you also have to be an active subscriber for it to pop up, but once you complete Chapter 3 on any toon on a given server, all toons will get that mission to select their second combat style.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Legacy lvl 43.

Combat Styles window:

image.png.92554eaa936abe844cc5ed85a10bfb3d.png

Mission Log (this one triggered but it's only for choosing second style):

image.png.508d0b4fe97b1fa913400f914c9c9c81.png

Ship Terminal (not the right mission):

image.png.1fe37aaf926743bed704a8e4537ac8b2.png

....to top it off, I don't even know how the game was supposed to present me with the choice of re-choosing my initial combat style.

I'm so lost. lol

Edited by coreymj

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Then you have a mission called Training and Skills (or maybe Training in the Force), that's the one you complete to select your second combat style. I think you also have to be an active subscriber for it to pop up, but once you complete Chapter 3 on any toon on a given server, all toons will get that mission to select their second combat style.

No, I am asking why I wasn't given the opportunity to change my FIRST combat style (not my second). I'm clear on the second and yes, I'm VIP and have played since launch and have multiple DS/LS characters at level 70. I was told that if you log in an an exsiting character after Legacy of Sith launch that you could change your FIRST style.

Edited by coreymj

Just now, coreymj said:

No, I am asking why I wasn't given the opportunity to change my FIRST combat style (not my second). I'm clear on the second and yes, I'm VIP and have played since launch and have multiple DS/LS characters at level 70.

No one can change their first combat style. Thus our confusion.

Then why these patch notes where they said if you log in on an old toon after launch of LotS that existing characters can even change their first combat style, and then a second as well if you sub? I can try to dig up the notes, but i just read them, old though they be.

Posted (edited)

Gosh, I guess I read it wrong, but I swear my buddy told me that too. Oh wells. Thanks for the help regardless. I feel like I'm going nuts now. lol

Edited by coreymj

7 hours ago, coreymj said:

Gosh, I guess I read it wrong, but I swear my buddy told me that too. Oh wells. Thanks for the help regardless. I feel like I'm going nuts now. lol

I believe the option to change your original combat style is limited to Force Users whose alignment doesn't 'match' their style:

• A Light 5 Sorcerer will get the option to swap to Sage.
  • A Dark 5 Sage will get the option to swap to Sorcerer.
  • A 'Dark' Sith will not get an option to change, nor will a 'Light' Jedi,  or any non force user

If you have this option, you will see a 'Mission Offer' box on the Combat Style tab of your character sheet (right below your combat styles list and right above your Discipline options.

Edited by Ominovin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, coreymj said:

When they first announced LotS and the combat styles they said that we would be able to change our first one.  However, they later said it wasn't possible due to 'technical issues'.  That is probably what you were thinking of.

10 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

We're past that now. It is no longer considered improbable due to technical difficulties instead it is now their formal DECISION to keep us locked to two with no respecs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBcfVIOLVbg&t=1449s

But that doesn't say "we *won't*ever* enable a third style"...(1)

(1) Can you imagine the sithstorm if they add a new style *without* also adding a new style slot?

• Like 1