Repeatedly Kicked to an Empty Server List

xwesler

Hi all,

Starting about two days ago, whenever I try to play I'm being repeatedly kicked to an empty server list.  Restarting the game fully repopulates the list and I can play for a short while before the same thing happens again.

I don't seem to be losing internet connectivity, I've made sure it's not in compatibility mode, and it's allowed on my antivirus software, so I'm at a loss as to what may be happening. I'm holding off on a full uninstall/reinstall as a last resort, since that brings it's own headaches, to see what y'all may have by way of suggestions...

Some say it's because we're in the cloud, but I've also seen similar issues reported in 2017 and 2019.  I was booted only twice today and felt lucky.  I've checked everything on my end and it all seems fine.  Also, I have no trouble with any other game that I play, ever. 

I'm going to report it, so that the Powers That Be have the info.  Hopefully, there will be a fix.

Do a internet speedtest and check your upload and download speeds. Poor upload speed is enough to kick you from the sever. And if there's a problem with your upload speed, but not your download speed, you likely won't realize anything is wrong with your internet connection. However, this is more of an in general statement. Your server list should remain populated as long as your download speed is good. So if yours is empty, it likely isn't your upload speed.

If using WiFi, I would take Owen's suggestion. Out of personal experience, when playing via Ethernet, I get about 40ms ping to the server. When I'm using a laptop with WiFi, I constantly get spikes fluctuating up to over 200ms.

Finally, pay attention to the server connection status icon. The very moment you start to see the bars drop to 1 or get the red X, run a speedtest immediately to see what your speeds look like at that moment. You can also open command prompt, and run the following command in the background.

ping google.com /t

Just check back to it as soon as you're kicked from the server. See if it logged "Connection timed out" at the same time.

Unfortunately it's not any of the usual culprits.  I do use an ethernet cable to the router, with 463 mbps down and 233 mbps up while the game is running...ping is consistantly in the low 40's.

Tonight an arena queue popping while in a guild group was enough to boot me off the game...