Server Transfers - Stronghold Activation

I have all of the strongholds on Star Forge and I just copied a character over to Shae Vizla.  I was able to activate many of my strongholds for free on SV but some of them have a purchase cost associated with them (Rishi, Alderaan, Yavin, Manaan).  I paid the purchase price for Yavin and it unlocked it with all of the expansions but I'm curious why I have to pay credits to activate some of these on a new server but some of them cost nothing.

38 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

I have all of the strongholds on Star Forge and I just copied a character over to Shae Vizla.  I was able to activate many of my strongholds for free on SV but some of them have a purchase cost associated with them (Rishi, Alderaan, Yavin, Manaan).  I paid the purchase price for Yavin and it unlocked it with all of the expansions but I'm curious why I have to pay credits to activate some of these on a new server but some of them cost nothing.

Unless it has changed, if you purchased the initial unlock with credits, you'll have to pay credits again to unlock when transferring (though the individual rooms will be unlocked). If you purchased the initial unlock with CC, it will have no cost to unlock on transfer.

The two faction ones might as well be free (the initial unlock costs next to nothing) while Nar Shaada also had a free promotion for the initial unlock when strongholds released (which still applies to your account to this day if you qualified back then).

So yeah, transferring to SV and wanting to open up the big / expensive strongholds you purchased before with credits will basically take all the limited credits you are allowed to transfer.

Did you use CCs to purchase some? I own every stronghold on Satele Shan except Mek-Sha, and after moving 1 toon to Star Forge I had to buy back every stronghold. I can't even afford to buy back the penthouses because I have no GS tokens on Star Forge.

Edited by Traceguy

7 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

So yeah, transferring to SV and wanting to open up the big / expensive strongholds you purchased before with credits will basically take all the limited credits you are allowed to transfer.

I guess I'll have to transfer one more character just to unlock my strongholds. :(

7 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I can't even afford to buy back the penthouses because I have no GS tokens on Star Forge.

That's odd.  That is one I was able to just click for free.

1 minute ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

I guess I'll have to transfer one more character just to unlock my strongholds. :(

Don't forget to buy any and all the character specific unlocks in the legacy panel you might want or you'll never be able to afford them on SV. 😛