server transfer was charged 500CC, but should have been free

title says it already, transferred toon to APAC server. supposed to be free but charged 500CC for it.

Of course i fulfill the requirements for free transfer. I am a subscriber now and was also in December/January.

What now?

• Haha 1

were you a subscriber from Jan 02 continuously through the to when they made the announcements of needing to maintain an active subscription (announced Feb 10/13) and continued maintaining it until now (and are still subscribed)

If So you are entitled to getting the transfer for free, Good luck getting those 500CC's back from BS

16 minutes ago, mike_is_valid said:

title says it already, transferred toon to APAC server. supposed to be free but charged 500CC for it.

Of course i fulfill the requirements for free transfer. I am a subscriber now and was also in December/January.

What now?

I think i just say Jackie say elsewhere that if you are having an issue with the transfer to contact support

What a missed opportunity - only this team could take something that could be a great promotion and screw it up every which way.

First they decide to create a new APAC server, then make it 'fresh start' with no transfers, then tease possible transfers with a whole bunch of restrictions including not transferring legacies, then announce transfers with restricted credits with some free assuming players were mind readers and knew ahead of time to have been subscribed at a date in the past, then take the most onerous interpretation of that promotion to deny anyone who for any reason had issue with payment (from those using prepaid sub time to having a card expire or reissued to some system / bank glitch to whatever).

A first year marketing apprentice could have come up with a better approach.

Create a new APAC server, market said server to players in APAC, run a multi-month promotion targeted at APAC players like "Return now, get two weeks free subscription status, plus free transfers with a subscription", run promotions on server like double XP for the first 90 days, DO NOT restrict player transfers IN ANY WAY (if you want to 'test' economic changes or host a 'fresh start' server, make one for THAT purpose, don't cross purpose it with a server located in the APAC region for APAC players).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

What a missed opportunity - only this team could take something that could be a great promotion and screw it up every which way.

First they decide to create a new APAC server, then make it 'fresh start' with no transfers, then tease possible transfers with a whole bunch of restrictions including not transferring legacies, then announce transfers with restricted credits with some free assuming players were mind readers and knew ahead of time to have been subscribed at a date in the past, then take the most onerous interpretation of that promotion to deny anyone who for any reason had issue with payment (from those using prepaid sub time to having a card expire or reissued to some system / bank glitch to whatever).

A first year marketing apprentice could have come up with a better approach.

Create a new APAC server, market said server to players in APAC, run a multi-month promotion targeted at APAC players like "Return now, get two weeks free subscription status, plus free transfers with a subscription", run promotions on server like double XP for the first 90 days, DO NOT restrict player transfers IN ANY WAY (if you want to 'test' economic changes or host a 'fresh start' server, make one for THAT purpose, don't cross purpose it with a server located in the APAC region for APAC players).

This is the exact sentiment I wrote a few weeks back (as did others) Don't mix things up - APAC players are not test subjects - we are human and many of us started off on APAC 12 years ago. All we wanted to do was go-back without getting shafted up the kiber-pass..

Create a new clean-slate server for US players - as that's where the mess is!! In particular SS.

My sub dropped for about 6 hours due to a payment issue.

As far as I'm concerned I was subbed on Saturday and subbed on Sunday - I didn't miss a damn day!!

1 hour ago, FrontLineFodder said:

were you a subscriber from Jan 02 continuously through the to when they made the announcements of needing to maintain an active subscription (announced Feb 10/13) and continued maintaining it until now (and are still subscribed)

If So you are entitled to getting the transfer for free, Good luck getting those 500CC's back from BS

I actually have over 30 characters on one account and really needed the 16 free and would have 'contributed' by topping up my CC's: Look like sad days ahead for my accounts...

2 hours ago, mike_is_valid said:

What now?

You’re the second or third player say this now. So there is obviously a bug in the system. 

You’ll need to contact support@swtor.com & see if they can help you.

If you get no satisfactory answer, contact @JackieKo directly & see if she can help. 

• Haha 1