Give Back Operations Achievements and Titles

Dear Devs,

On todays patch, you have managed to create the greatest advertisement for World of Warcraft you could ever have imagined. You unfairly and arbitrarily removed many raider's achievements and titles for completing timed runs just for completing these achievements within the same week some players had discovered a bug to enter Karagga's Palace Master Mode and Eternity Vault. This is ridiculous as you should have just removed the titles and achievements for this operation, instead you removed them for all operations. Even before the bug was discovered, I did Dread Palace timed and you removed my achievement and title for that even though I did not participate in this bug. After contacting support, we were simply told "just do it again". 

This is an extremely unfair reaction to a small amount of people abusing two specific raids. You have undermined our trust as now we can simply have our achievements and titles arbitrarily removed. How do we know this won't happen in the future? You have just set a precedent of this behaviour with today's patch. 

Fix this.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Even the achievements and titles after the fixed patch got removed, which means throwing months of work to trash just because they broke their game and some people took advantage of it :) 

• Like 5

So I lost two timers

DF - First timer completed last year (aka a long time before the EV/KP bug)

S&V - The scheduled run to get the timer was postponed as the timer achievement's had disabled due to the bug. So actually completed after the bug was fixed and yet was still removed.

I never even went to EV/KP NiM or even thought about going because what was the point?
The reply from customer service of "Just do it again" is unacceptable. One - not everyone has the time/means to redo the same operations over and over. Two - What's the point when there's always a chance that the redone achievement will just be deleted again due to other players abusing a bug?

EDIT: Just checked and it was actually a survival run we cancelled due to the acheivement downtime. Timer was done on the 2nd January.....option unistall a serious contender tbh

Edited by Ekim_Sttaw
  • Like 4

Agreed, this approach was not even needed in the first place the lock of being able to get achievements during the bug phase already caused enough issues for people getting timers. Now those of us who have not abused any bugs or systems are being punished? We see no new content or actual bug fixes but what we do see is removing timers achievements to artificially increase content for people need to do by making them have to reclear it. 

At the very minimum we need an official response explaining there decision instead of the only information about this being gotten from overall unhelpful costumer support ticket responses and players having to find out about this out of the blue. 

I could of understood better if this removed had not been like firing a shotgun blindfolded, I know people with only EC timer who all did it together and half of them lost it but not all of them? showing the lack of consistently in the removals. 

• Like 3

I have copies of the Combat Logs from the TfB and SnV timers completed during this time, but no one to send them to since I have the same CS rep responding to the multiple tickets I've put in over this saying get fooked "run them again". 
Outside of Operations, there is ZERO reason to stay subbed in the game, everything else I like doing can be done as preferred.
Just like Episode 8 and 9, if you're trying to kill a StarWars franchise, this is the one way to go about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

as a person who has also lost like 11 crests to a purge without ever obtaining one that got exploited:

stop this copium, we all know they're not gonna give out stuff. The support is telling y'all to just to it again because that is all they CAN do. 

And this game has so little raiding content, it really won't matter. One Dreadmaster more or less, completely whatever. I know it might not feel like its "completely whatever" now, but give it a few months and you won't even remember.

6 hours ago, HumerusUsername said:

Tell that to the people on Darth Malgus who lost Destruction Incarnate.

same thing, destruction and dreadmaster both lose value over time and number of completions, just do it again - in fact, why haven't you done it already, theres literally guides and povs out there just copy + paste = profit

It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

when the servers were merged, my legacies were also overwritten several times, so i lost a lot of achievements. this resulted in a wild mix, so that i had a timerun achievement, for example, but didn't get the final boss. i also have the armour from denova as a mount, but can't unlock the achievement for it. 

swtor's reaction to the problems with legacy was that they also removed the timerun. it was irrelevant that i had copies of all achievements. back then it was also less difficult to find groups to run it with. when i came back from my break, things looked completely different. all of a sudden, people only search with e&e and nobody bothers to look at the timestamps because they don't make sense. rebuilding is more difficult here, especially if you no longer raid nim every day. as they are not part of the relevant community themselves, they also don't understand the scope behind these mistakes.