Planet invasion medium yield - 1,000,000

iamnotacrook

I cant find any about this here and with Google search. 

But it would be nice to be able to have this option every week, between 500,000 and 2,000,000. Not to replace 500,000 but add 1 million option when we can invade planets with our guilds, i say this as a solo player with solo guilds, this would make me play a bit more conquest objectives and earn more tech fragments. 

I took an image from google just because if anything is unclear on what i mean. 

swtor-guild-invasions.webp

Edited by iamnotacrook

perhaps bump the largest yield up as well, making it:

• 10M
  • 5M
  • 2.5M
  • 1M

that's adding two ranks. but also make the "allowed" invasion targets to be based on the previous week, if the guild made 10M CQ, then they are locked from invading the bottom two, conversely if the guild only made between 2.5M and 5M they can invade any target.

there are guild achievements not possible by smaller guilds because massive CQ guilds dominate the ranks.

The targets used to be 200k, 1mil and 2mil points. Personal target was 50k. But apparently people were enjoying it too much, so they changed it at 7.0 or something. That 200k points was really nice for small guilds because no-one had to stress over the conquest points, and they could play whatever content they liked. Now if you are in a small guild with a very few active players, and no-one has full SH bonus, you'll end up having to do GSF or PVP to reach the guild goal. Guess what happens when people have to do content they don't like? They afk and wait for the match to be over. 

I would remove the tiers, set the target points back to what they were (200k 1kk 2kk) and let people get the same rewards for same amount of work no matter what size of a guild you are in. That would be one small step towards reducing the domination of mega guilds. And I would also increase the amount of planets available each week. Not like TGW crazyness, but at least double the amount every week. 

What comes to limiting big guilds to certain yields, no. Same planets are on same tier every time, which means big guilds HAVE to go to small and medium yield sometimes if they want those achievements. If all planets would be up for all tiers, sure, that would do the trick.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

The targets used to be 200k, 1mil and 2mil points. Personal target was 50k. But apparently people were enjoying it too much, so they changed it at 7.0 or something. That 200k points was really nice for small guilds because no-one had to stress over the conquest points, and they could play whatever content they liked. Now if you are in a small guild with a very few active players, and no-one has full SH bonus, you'll end up having to do GSF or PVP to reach the guild goal. Guess what happens when people have to do content they don't like? They afk and wait for the match to be over. 

I would remove the tiers, set the target points back to what they were (200k 1kk 2kk) and let people get the same rewards for same amount of work no matter what size of a guild you are in. That would be one small step towards reducing the domination of mega guilds. And I would also increase the amount of planets available each week. Not like TGW crazyness, but at least double the amount every week. 

What comes to limiting big guilds to certain yields, no. Same planets are on same tier every time, which means big guilds HAVE to go to small and medium yield sometimes if they want those achievements. If all planets would be up for all tiers, sure, that would do the trick.

Thanks Deanna,

yep fair point on the planets locked to the low tiers, having them appear on other tiers would allow the dev's to lock out large guilds from the low rewards, allowing those smaller guilds to shine.

If it was left as is you would still have the large CQ guilds being #1 in each invasion target though, a mid tier guild will only ever hope to achieve #1 in an invasion during TGW type weeks.

I think three yield tiers I think is too few (at least on say Star Forge) the same CQ guilds dominate the targets each week.

So perhaps:

10M, 5M & 2.5M yields rotate High end Invasion targets, can be invaded by guilds earning no less than 2.5M in the previous week

2.5M, 1M and 500K yields rotate Low end Invasion targets, can be invaded by guilds earning no more than 2.5M in the previous week

2.5M each week would alternate a high end and a low end target, Alternatively, there could be 2 invasion targets for the 2.5M yield, one high end one low end invasion target. that would make 6 targets per week.

Low tier guilds (earning less than 2.5M CQ) can achieve invasion on low end planets, and occasionally might get #1 for a high end

High tier guilds (earning more than 2.5M CQ) can achieve invasion on High end planets, and can compete against other high end guilds for a low end planet each week (or every other week)

What do you think of that ?

Edited by FrontLineFodder

6 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

@DeannaVoyager how many invasion targets do you think there should be as a regular week ?

I'd say at least 10. That would make conquest interesting again, and there would be a small chance for medium size guilds to win something too. Currently people in small and medium size guilds just put an alt into a big conquest guild for the achievements, hoping someone else will grind for the win,  but they spend most of playing in a guild they actually like.