Game crashes at launch when Action! is open (recording software)

Rappeldrache

Hello,

I bought this software a few years ago and I was always really happy with it: https://actionrecorder.com

But now: Every time I try to start SWtoR with this program open I crash after launch. Every time I start this program when SWtoR is already open, SWtoR crashes ....

But I want to make some nice screens and videos from my gameplay. Never happen to any other game before. 😶

Please: Somebody have an idea what I could do, to solve this problem? THANKS! 🥰

Edited by Rappeldrache

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you may already have the ability to record your games. I think you'll just need to download GeForce experience if you do have the GPU, and then you just Press Alt+Z in the game to open the the menu and you'll have options there to record last x minutes of gameplay or start/stop a manual recording.

Just a couple suggestions though for action recorder.

1. Try experimenting with the SWTOR settings. If the game is set to run in fullscreen, change it to fullscreen windowed/borderless or vice versa.

2. Start SWTOR first, then action recorder

Edited by Traceguy
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Still have the problem ... I tried Bandicam but here you have always this stupid Logo on the top, if you make a video. But till I used Bandicam I had not a single crash in SWtoR.

Now I'm trying Action! again: Game crashes. I have Window-Mode, Fullscreen, Fullscreen (window) .... whatever I do: Game crashes ...

I have a AMD graphic card and Win11. I will give the XBox Gamebar a change .... or MSI Afterburner again ... (EDIT: MSI Afterburner gives me at Video-recording some problems with SWtoR, too).

Somebody know a good video&screenshot program (for free or a bit money) without any Logo, please?

Edited by Rappeldrache