RESPAWN Mandalorian Game

• TonyTricicolo changed the title to RESPAWN Mandalorian Game
On 2/17/2024 at 8:36 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

Sounds cool , including the 3 other  SW games they're apparently making too.  ( i'm currently  playing  'Jedi Survivor'  and like it wayyyy more than i did 'Fallen Order' )

However,  tbqh,  RESPAWN seems pretty legit company & all , but i dunno  all these single-player games are getting redundant imo and i just wish  they ( or someone ) would please start developing/announcing the next SW MMO , so i can finally tear myself away from this now rather sad state of SWTOR's future. :(

Of  course i'd probably be a bit less downtrodden  if 'Survivor' ( and this new Mando game ) would at least have CO-OP  multiplayer options to them.

But yeah either way i fear my wish for  SWG-2 ( or something in same vein )  ain't never gonna happen anytime soon unfortunately.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: No more Raph Koster visionaries left in the world anymore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

RESPAWN seems pretty legit company & all , but i dunno  all these single-player games are getting redundant imo

So I'm thinking Titanfall/Apex Legends with jetpacks , fibercords, wrist rockets, blasters, and flamethrowers set in the Empire time period. Only one that I can think is Boba Fett, no?

https://youtu.be/VqeMjHmL9eg?si=gWZeUz0MN7OZppIK

download (1).jpg

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 4:17 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

So I'm thinking Titanfall/Apex Legends with jetpacks , fibercords, wrist rockets, blasters, and flamethrowers set in the Empire time period.

i hate to be the bearer of  bad news here....but, UGH--> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/video-game-giant-ea-layoffs-1235839026/

*This is probably  also not exactly the best news for Electronic Arts' running of SWTOR either tbh.

( Also makes me wonder what  Disney  is up to  with their  "future"  SW game.   Obviously, my hope is  for SWG-2  or at least another SW  MMO. )

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i hate to be the bearer of  bad news here....but, UGH--> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/video-game-giant-ea-layoffs-1235839026/

*This is probably  also not exactly the best news for Electronic Arts' running of SWTOR either tbh.

( Also makes me wonder what  Disney  is up to  with their  "future"  SW game.   Obviously, my hope is  for SWG-2  or at least another SW  MMO. )

It's rather foolish of them to cancel it just a month or so after announcing that very probably the next movie to hit theaters is The Mandalorian and Grogu

HOWEVER... most of us have friends and/or family members that are also Star Wars fans.  This is the perfect time to remind them that they CAN play as a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in SWTOR, with TONS of Mando armor options available in-game for them to be able to create their own Mandalorian and custom-make their character's own unique Beskar'gam! 😉👍

This is the way. :csw_fett:

• Like 3

Ya know I'm not that upset instead I'm more confused. You would think with the popularity of The Mandalorian series as a whole and the new mando movie that it would be the perfect time to capitalize on the moment by releasing a mando game, right? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Aren't they just the publisher now?

uhh, they do a lot more than just "publish" -->  https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

Did you even read the link and  entire article ?

9 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

I'm not that upset

instead I'm more confused.

Yeah  it's very odd , but maybe by some miracle they will somehow combine/incorporate the 'Mando' stuff into the 3rd JEDI series game ( sequel to 'Survivor' ) .

Also makes me wonder what the heck is going on with-->  https://www.starwarseclipse.com/  as well.  :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder

11 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Yeah  it's very odd , but maybe by some miracle they will somehow combine/incorporate the 'Mando' stuff into the 3rd JEDI series game ( sequel to 'Survivor' ) .

That would ruin the entire flavor of the Jedi Series. The games are about rebuilding the Jedi order. Mandos and Jedi are enemies. Mandos as a playable class would make no sense. Mandos as an enemy to destroy/defeat might fit in but then you go down the path of Revan in Kotor. Fighting the Mandos was what caused Revan's fall.

If it is so popular, they could try to make a Mando based game but The Book of Boba Fett was such a flop, they are probably hesitant to go there. That and making a single player game about the bad guys is risky.

20 minutes ago, DWho said:

That would ruin the entire flavor of the Jedi Series. The games are about rebuilding the Jedi order.

Yes i'm aware, since, as i already mentioned earlier above in this very same thread,  i'm currently playing  'Jedi: SURVIVOR'  right now.  ( truly superb  game btw , in my opinion :sy_lightsaber: )

. Mandos and Jedi are enemies. Mandos as a playable class would make no sense.

i never said anything about  having  Mandos as "playable class"  though.

All i said was:  somehow combine/incorporate  'Mando'  stuff  into the new JEDI game,  since some of that  'Mando' game  Dev Team is being  re-assigned.

Mandos as an enemy to destroy/defeat might fit in

Exactly.  Hence why i mentioned the possibility of somehow  merging the 2 games.

Obviously, it would have to "make sense" .   Sheesh.

That and making a single player game about the bad guys is risky.

eh i dunno,  they're already doing a  "bad GIRL" game here--> https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-outlaws

Plus i mean, the original  'Force Unleashed'  game did pretty well actually.  ( the 2nd one  was awful )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: Why do people try putting words into my mouth when my typed words are still there in my post to read?