Shae Vizla Economy

myrrhbear

The credit transfer limit when bringing characters over to Shae Vizla is a good idea in general, but being able to bring over 15 million per character is going to recreate the broken economy very quickly.  People with 16 characters will in effect be bringing over 240,000,000 credits.  Prices on the GTN will reflect this, and the economy will again soon be busted. 

Credits one can bring over should be limited to the Legacy, not to the character.  That way new players, or players transferring only one, two, or a few characters will be in the same boat as those with 16 characters - everyone starting only with 15 million credits to build from.  This would keep the playing field level, and help prevent quick inflation issues.

Long term players will naturally find ways to keep selling things for the most they can on the auction, and the problem will of course come back.  A better solution is to simply impose a maximum amount you can list an item for on the GTN determined by item type and rarity (bronze, silver, gold, platinum).  As a rough example (though these numbers are probably not right) the price on the GTN for Bronze mounts could be capped at 100,000 credits, Silver mounts at 500,000 credits, Gold mounts at 2 million credits, and Platinum mounts at 5 million credits.  The same would need to be done for weapons, armour sets (individual armour pieces should be 1/7 of these prices), decorations, crafting materials, etc.  Additionally a cap would need to be placed on Trades.  

If the goal is to make it more fair and accessible for all players of this game and to stop the exponentially widening gap between rich and poor which excludes newer players from access to many of the cool and fun items in this game, which makes the game altogether less accessible for new players, this is the only way that makes sense to me. 

The other side of correcting the issue is to help new players be able to better earn credits.  For this we'd need to reduce costs from repairs, travel, and other basic, common activities, while increasing the number of credits that drop from new-player-friendly content.  

Edited by myrrhbear
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, myrrhbear said:

For this we'd need to reduce costs from repairs, travel, and other basic, common activities, while increasing the number of credits that drop from new-player-friendly content.  

Nope, not gonna happen unfortunately as BS will need to maintain 2 separate sets of code for this - too troublesome

12 hours ago, myrrhbear said:

The credit transfer limit when bringing characters over to Shae Vizla is a good idea in general, but being able to bring over 15 million per character is going to recreate the broken economy very quickly.  People with 16 characters will in effect be bringing over 240,000,000 credits.  Prices on the GTN will reflect this, and the economy will again soon be busted. 

Credits one can bring over should be limited to the Legacy, not to the character.  That way new players, or players transferring only one, two, or a few characters will be in the same boat as those with 16 characters - everyone starting only with 15 million credits to build from.  This would keep the playing field level, and help prevent quick inflation issues.

Long term players will naturally find ways to keep selling things for the most they can on the auction, and the problem will of course come back.  A better solution is to simply impose a maximum amount you can list an item for on the GTN determined by item type and rarity (bronze, silver, gold, platinum).  As a rough example (though these numbers are probably not right) the price on the GTN for Bronze mounts could be capped at 100,000 credits, Silver mounts at 500,000 credits, Gold mounts at 2 million credits, and Platinum mounts at 5 million credits.  The same would need to be done for weapons, armour sets (individual armour pieces should be 1/7 of these prices), decorations, crafting materials, etc.  Additionally a cap would need to be placed on Trades.  

If the goal is to make it more fair and accessible for all players of this game and to stop the exponentially widening gap between rich and poor which excludes newer players from access to many of the cool and fun items in this game, which makes the game altogether less accessible for new players, this is the only way that makes sense to me. 

The other side of correcting the issue is to help new players be able to better earn credits.  For this we'd need to reduce costs from repairs, travel, and other basic, common activities, while increasing the number of credits that drop from new-player-friendly content.  

With respect,  no one gives a crap how many credits someone brings over except those who don’t have any. I have less than 12 million on all my characters combined and simply don’t care how much someone brings over.  I want them the bring everything.  I want to bring my guild and its flagship full of stuff donated by players over the last 12 years some of whom simply refuse to play now because of the ping and the total disrespect that APAC players have been continually getting.  

How is it that WoW can transfer our everything from one server to another and do it for free when they opened local servers - even move guilds but we can only bring a token of what we have spent time accumulating because of what? The economy?  That’s the greatest load of garbage ever.  The Economy should never have been so hobbled and transfers should have existed day 1.  A fresh start server should have been a server in EU or NA where other servers already exist not APAC whose servers were created and then shutdown.  

The economy is a fancy way of saying GTN.  Sorry dude but the rest of us simply don’t care.  We just want our stuff on APAC servers.  If you wanted a fresh start server petition BS to make a specific one somewhere but don’t kneecap the rest of APAC players by this restriction.  Gold inflation happens because people spent time playing the game.  They should not be penalised for investing that time over the last 12 years.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarthAdder said:

With respect,  no one gives a crap how many credits someone brings over except those who don’t have any. I have less than 12 million on all my characters combined and simply don’t care how much someone brings over.  I want them the bring everything.  I want to bring my guild and its flagship full of stuff donated by players over the last 12 years some of whom simply refuse to play now because of the ping and the total disrespect that APAC players have been continually getting.  

How is it that WoW can transfer our everything from one server to another and do it for free when they opened local servers - even move guilds but we can only bring a token of what we have spent time accumulating because of what? The economy?  That’s the greatest load of garbage ever.  The Economy should never have been so hobbled and transfers should have existed day 1.  A fresh start server should have been a server in EU or NA where other servers already exist not APAC whose servers were created and then shutdown.  

The economy is a fancy way of saying GTN.  Sorry dude but the rest of us simply don’t care.  We just want our stuff on APAC servers.  If you wanted a fresh start server petition BS to make a specific one somewhere but don’t kneecap the rest of APAC players by this restriction.  Gold inflation happens because people spent time playing the game.  They should not be penalised for investing that time over the last 12 years.

this

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xamodeus said:

Nope, not gonna happen unfortunately as BS will need to maintain 2 separate sets of code for this - too troublesome

This should simply be a setting in a db table not hardcoded into the server software.

Good Luck on SV i will be staying on a US server i only see this server dying from these restrictions which will result in all characters being transferred to a us server like what happened years ago but i do wish you all luck.

• Sad 1

That's because BS is full of egotistical devs who would rather see a server and community die than admit they got it wrong. APAC players have always been treated like garbage and there's enough people left working on the game that KNOW THAT and still don't care enough to do the right thing by us in this latest iteration. All the fresh start snowflakes should never have been catered to over this regions playerbase, but hey BS is still....well...bs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand how anybody on US servers can be broke. I'm shocked how much people are willing to pay for mats that you can send your companions out to collect in ten minutes. I'm making 20mil a day easy on the AH Just selling items I've farmed or crafted. On SV I can make about a million a day doing two or three sets of heroics. I've never paid more than a million credits for any set of armour or weapon and I never will appearance isn't that important to me. I have Always been more interested in items I can earn and find. I'll be taking 120 mil over with my eight class characters and don't think I'll have to do any farming for credits. I will also unlock every imaginable thing I can on each of my characters before transferring And farm as many mats as I can.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I don't understand how anybody on US servers can be broke. I'm shocked how much people are willing to pay for mats that you can send your companions out to collect in ten minutes. I'm making 20mil a day easy on the AH Just selling items I've farmed or crafted. On SV I can make about a million a day doing two or three sets of heroics. I've never paid more than a million credits for any set of armour or weapon and I never will appearance isn't that important to me. I have Always been more interested in items I can earn and find. I'll be taking 120 mil over with my eight class characters and don't think I'll have to do any farming for credits. I will also unlock every imaginable thing I can on each of my characters before transferring And farm as many mats as I can.

When?

On 2/16/2024 at 11:52 PM, JohnnyGatt said:

This. I can easily make 15m-30m credits a day, while working a full time job. Even if you choose to stand on the fleet idle all day, you can be making passive income from crew skills. I can't imagine what players are doing when they say they don't have or cannot get credits. I'm not a big PVP player, so I can't say if that's the problem, but maybe it is. How much money is there to be made doing arenas and hutt ball?

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.