Date Night?

1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

Okay, in the name of accuracy let me clarify. My post that seemed to make you mad is under Ammune's Post and not a response to any specific post.

Then you, quoted the first sentence of that post

Simply challenging your statements/opinions doesn't mean a person is "mad" lol.  Your subsequent overreactions to such a basic challenge though, well,  there's another word for that which i'm not allowed to use on these forums. ;)

Anyways, yes i quoted you here-->  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933680-date-night/?do=findComment&comment=9800378  but then you posted AGAIN  obviously aimed directly at me-->  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933680-date-night/?do=findComment&comment=9800382  which is fine of course, except  at how you misrepresented the truth and then are now double/triple'ing down on it  for some odd reason.

and you're still trying to start a fight.

Again,  forum debates are not "fights" .   That's what RL is for.

The only entity i'm gamer "mad"  at or in a perceived "fight" with is  EA for neglecting this game , as well as at/with Eric Musco & KeithKanneg for ignoring GSF. :csw_vadertie:

So, I am blocking you so you're sure I am not responding to you.  

i told you to stop being so melodramatic and you proceeded to be even more melodramatic with such a public display of "blockage" .   Similar to how people love making grand drastic "i'm quitting the game" threads as if anyone cares other than "can i has yo stuff?" :csw_jabbapet:

Pro-tip: Next time just block the person, silently. :ph_win:

1 hour ago, casirabit said:

Well considering I did not romance all the ones that were on the stream, I doubt I get many tokens.

ikr

Instead they should've coded the "dates" cutscenes to allow for almost ANY companion ( with certain exceptions obviously )  and then just write various  more specialized/personalized  dialog trees to account for each Player's  choices made per that character.

As it stands now,  Player-x  is forced to "romance"  Arcann/Koth/Theron ( for the tokens or achievements or whatever ) when all they really prefer is Lana.   And vice-versa to a lesser degree cuz 3 to 1.

39 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Just quit the game man if the mmo part is important to you,

First, i've been here loyally $ubscribed since 2011 beta  and participated in original pre-release 2009 forums, as well as pre-launch alpha/beta testing ...  So, unless/until a new SW MMO gets announced,  i will never "quit" SWTOR.

SWTOR, on the other hand, has quit on me & many players like me.

Secondly, i still enjoy most of original SWTOR and have fun playing it.  Plus i cherish my 2 guilds ( as GM ) & 100's of guildmates over the years.  So i would never just abandon them  because of my displeasure with BioSword ( mostly with EA ) .

39 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

it doesn't matter how many posts are made, it's clear they won't do it.

You're probably right yep. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: so hard for certain humans to accept nuance

Sigh, you know what, I hope all the people who have to gripe about any companion content, or you know plot, can get the craziest NiM OP since the Gods and then they can stop insulting everyone else and let us be happy we now have date night. BTW I guarantee all the dates with every available LI won't cost as much as one NiM  Zildrog. 

• Like 7

Why are the companions for this first Date Night - Koth, Theron and Arcann....and not Kira, Vette, Azshara and etc??? Cause "Yass queens?"....
Because i seriosly doubt more people have romanced Koth (facepalm), Theron and Arcann, than Vette, Kira, Jaesa, Azshara and etc... So i call BS on that excuse....for me the reason is exactly this :  " Yass queens, so brave, so independant".....

Edited by ExarSun
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, septru said:

No crafting. 

No operations. 

No ranked pvp. 

No real story. 

No flashpoints. 

No balance changes.

No actual content whatsoever. 

But we get.... date night. The game is saved! 

Oh and they changed the lights on the mailbox and GTN. 

to be fair romance with comps is more exciting than pretty much everything listed here except story and maybe some ops/fps.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ExarSun said:

Why are the companions for this first Date Night - Koth, Theron and Arcann....and not Kira, Vette, Azshara and etc??? Cause "Yass queens?"....
Because i seriosly doubt more people have romanced Koth (facepalm), Theron and Arcann, than Vette, Kira, Jaesa, Azshara and etc... So i call BS on that excuse....for me the reason is exactly this :  " Yass queens, so brave, so independant".....

your intial complaint was something altogether different, now you're changing the story besides if gender was the case Lana wouldn't be literally the first one added and mentoned.

nothing against you but if we want things improved we should actually look into ingame problems and how to fix them, not put tinfoil hats on and go on a tirade based on how the developer looks, just my suggestion, don't get me wrong when its clear that games influenced by irl politics or whatever ill 100% speak out against it but not before, you're looking for a boogeyman here.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:51 PM, Nottzo said:

Lol I’d never thought about it but I actually quite like that they’re adding them in. Makes it more immersive 

They don't need immersion in an 11 year old game. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, ZUHFB said:

there needs to be some sort of endgame, skill gated, content that naturally not everybody will see for a game to maintain a longterm playerbase, its a basic concept of what is valuable and what player perceive as important.

HAHA.  The CM/Space Barbie is what is maintaining that player base.  Not your elitist NiM raider attitude.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:49 PM, JakRoanin said:

Okay, they already explained in a dev post that the budget, ....

.. and you believe them? lol

the same people who said they would "never take this long again" between Ops (when it was like 12 months)... and went 18 months between.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

No they are not the same people! They have a different executive branch with Broadsword. Besides, why would I believe a person who left BioWare under Shady Circumstances at best, and didn't bother to seek to continue with SWTOR under BroadSword? If people can't get it through their heads that BioWare does not control this game anymore, I give up!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

No they are not the same people! They have a different executive branch with Broadsword. Besides, why would I believe a person who left BioWare under Shady Circumstances at best, and didn't bother to seek to continue with SWTOR under BroadSword? If people can't get it through their heads that BioWare does not control this game anymore, I give up!

Half of the team got transferred to BioSword.  lol 

If you TRULY believe this is going to be run any different... I feel bad for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

There is a difference between the people who make the game, the Devs, and the company that they WORK FOR! If something so simple can't get through your mind then there is only your hate blinding you. 

simple things can't get through heads of half of the people in this thread or other threadsn when a persons mindset is "this game is bad becuse they're implementing something i don't like despite the fact many others do" then you know things aren't really getting through their head.

7 hours ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

They don't need immersion in an 11 year old game. 

yes they do, game being old, especially game in development should be upgraded for immerssion purposes, like how they upgarded the graphics, this is an expanding MMO thats gets more people every day, not a lot of people but theres stiill people coming.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:48 AM, Screaming_Ziva said:

I'm sure a lot of people care about their companions more than I do but were people really asking for a date night cinematic with them?

seems alot do.. weird some people are easy to please I guess

16 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

yes, we're pleased with the game actually sticking to what makes it fun and worth playing, story and character development.

In which case I am happy for you, if that's your thing more power to you.
I still find it weird lol but that's OK.

18 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

There is a difference between the people who make the game, the Devs, and the company that they WORK FOR! If something so simple can't get through your mind then there is only your hate blinding you. 

You mean the backing of a multi-billion dollar company vs. a very small maintenance mode company?

Yes... I see the difference.

It's not hate... it's frustration.   Frustrated by every promise they have ever broken (10 year anniversary anyone?).   This game uses one of the top 2-3 IPs IN THE WORLD... and is STRUGGLING. 

Things that need fixed.. never get fixed.  Promises are broken. 

I am frustrated because my guild is down to 15 regular people.  I am frustrated because we need more story content... and we get Date Night. 

Edited by LJ_Gibbs
  • Thanks 1

I give up! You don't want to talk, you want to complain, fine complain, but people who don't share your ire are not stupid or gullible. They've at least communicated more now than in a year under BioWare. BroadSword is not responsible is not responsible for the 10yr Debacle. You don't want to hear any reasonable discussion.

PS. I agree this game needs help, I'm just realistic that it will take TIME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2024 at 12:09 PM, Nommaz said:

In which case I am happy for you, if that's your thing more power to you.
I still find it weird lol but that's OK.

romance and character development of your comp is weird for swtor? you must be new to this game but yeah lets all stick to what we like, cheers.

• Like 1

What I see from all the discourse is that people are passionate about this game - which is a good thing.

The worst thing that can happen to anything is apathy.

Sooo Date with Arcann night in a month (I havent romance anyone else bacause I see Lana and Theron more like my siblings/friends) and Hutta daily area in maybe 2 months - lets gooo :)

Most people have the very valid complaint about which companions are getting attention here....and it's because many of the active posters really don't care about the four mentioned previously.     We (including me) want to see our original story companions get another chance to shine....and we get focus on companions that people either don't care for and/or have actively removed from their list (such as killing Koth).

I'll be interested in this if/when there's ever focus back on the original companions....the others I just don't care about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sumugi said:

Most people have the very valid complaint about which companions are getting attention here....and it's because many of the active posters really don't care about the four mentioned previously.     We (including me) want to see our original story companions get another chance to shine....and we get focus on companions that people either don't care for and/or have actively removed from their list (such as killing Koth).

I'll be interested in this if/when there's ever focus back on the original companions....the others I just don't care about.

as i've said Lana is my fav so i have no issues with this but if im being honest i agree about koth thing, i killed him as well and i never liked his "idk which side to pick" attitude and then he crosses the line if you do things your way and not his and all that, i do not like him and i'd much rather see characters like vette, kira, vector or someone else from class stories so im not really argumenting against the koth thing but other things that were said, some of them i simply disagree with while some others just didn't make sense and seem to seek problems where there are none so i called them out, im no koth lover by any means, just had to clear that up. 

but like i said earlier we can all stick to what we like.

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:15 PM, Suzsi said:

I resubbed as soon as I read about the date nights. We've been asking for them since Kotfe/Kotet. Glad to see someone finally listened! If they keep up with companion content, I'll keep up with the sub!

So did I!! 

I felt obliged as I'd put a "lack of interaction/story for both companion friends and companion romances" in my reasons for unsubbing.  I may also have mentioned Malavai Quinn, Aric Jorgan and Darth Rivix a few times too 😆

(I also asked for "more immersive story please"; however, the companion thing is a good start).

Edited by Sarova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sarova said:

So did I!! 

I felt obliged as I'd put a "lack of interaction/story for both companion friends and companion romances" in my reasons for unsubbing.  I may also have mentioned Malavai Quinn, Aric Jorgan and Darth Rivix a few times too 😆

(I also asked for "more immersive story please"; however, the companion thing is a good start).

That was also the reasons I gave when I unsubbed a few years ago. Going through the content I've missed since, it's sad to see that didn't improve at all in that time and that about 3yrs of story drops to catch up on was maybe the equivalent of 4 chapters that they used to kick out once a month. It's sad to see how far the games dropped in terms of content/story releases.

If they had of kept up with the frequency of story drops after KOTFE/KOTET the game wouldn't have bled so many players. Story players made up a big chunk of the player base back then, but they listened to the vocal few on the forums instead. Now I doubt they've the budget to do anything about it. I know that was EAs doing and not broadsword, but its sad to see how far the games population has fallen.

Anyway, looking forward to the date nights, maybe enough will resub that they can get them out a bit faster 🤞.

• Like 2