Getting Bored.

akdonkey

I have been getting bored. I have been looking for a new game but nothing stands out. Are any other players looking for a new game? What are you looking at? I have been eyeing Nightingale. At first look, it doesn't look like my normal game but MMOs seem to be a relic from the past.

I saw one advertised as coming out soon, in the fantasy genre, but only allows you to play either as a human or an elf.  I won't be playing it since it doesn't have Dwarves.

Brothers of the mine rejoice!
Swing, swing, swing with me
Raise your pick and raise your voice!
Sing, sing, sing with me
Down and down into the deep
Who knows what we'll find beneath?
Diamonds, rubies, gold and more
Hidden in the mountain store

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

The sunlight will not reach this low
Deep, deep in the mine
Never seen the blue moon glow
Dwarves won't fly so high
Fill a glass and down some mead!
Stuff your bellies at the feast!
Stumble home and fall asleep
Dreaming in our mountain keep

Born underground, grown inside a rocky womb
The Earth is our cradle, the mountain shall become our tomb
Face us on the battlefield, you will meet your doom
We do not fear what lies beneath
We can never dig too deep

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

Songwriters: Brown. For non-commercial use only.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 12:05 PM, akdonkey said:

Are any other players looking for a new game? What are you looking at?

Right now, I think Star Wars Outlaws is the only one on my list. I'm excited to see how that turns out, as I am a big fan of Ubisoft games (Spinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry, Watchdogs, assassin's creed). I'm excited to get away from EA and play a Star Wars game from a dev team/publisher I actually like.

On the side there is Starfield, which I did not play as much as I predicted. This may or may not change when they officially release modding tools and DLC

Edited by Traceguy

On 2/6/2024 at 10:26 AM, Traceguy said:

Right now, I think Star Wars Outlaws is the only one on my list. I'm excited to see how that turns out, as I am a big fan of Ubisoft games (Spinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry, Watchdogs, assassin's creed). I'm excited to get away from EA and play a Star Wars game from a dev team/publisher I actually like.

On the side there is Starfield, which I did not play as much as I predicted. This may or may not change when they officially release modding tools and DLC

I built this current pc I have to beable to handle Star Wars Squadrons, I could not get into it. I use to love Galaxies Space side. It was always my outlet. I Jedi fallen order with this pc and for what ever reason I could not keep interested. I even bought my game pad controller to see if that helped. Same for squadrons I tried several joystick types.

50 minutes ago, akdonkey said:

I built this current pc I have to beable to handle Star Wars Squadrons, I could not get into it. I use to love Galaxies Space side. It was always my outlet. I Jedi fallen order with this pc and for what ever reason I could not keep interested. I even bought my game pad controller to see if that helped. Same for squadrons I tried several joystick types.

I couldn't get into Squadon's either. Even trying it in VR. It feels lacking, and I feel BF2 may have had better ship battles. I didn't like Fallen Order, and I haven't completed Jedi Survivor yet because all the puzzles kill the pace of the game. I keep leaving after every checkpoint.

I'll throw some of the obvious ones out there worth giving a try if you haven't yet:

WoW
GW2
FF14
ESO
New World
Lost Ark
BDO

A couple of obscure ones that have been brought back to life over the years:
City of Heroes Homecoming - Recently granted a license from its parent company NCSoft. Similar to DCO but with much a higher emphasis on character creation and builds. Well over 200 builds.
Tera Starscape - Closed down a couple of years ago on the PC, brought back to life awhile back. One of the pioneers in the MMO genre with their action combat

Ashes of Creation is still in the works
Pantheon just announced a huge alpha testing period coming up for players, hopefully after years of work they're getting close

There are bunch of good games out that there aren't MMO's as well.