Op1/WZ for soloer?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but last night I was on one of my 80s and I saw a yellow glow from a sliver trash on Yavin when I looked it gave me 5 OP1, and when I looked I noticed I got 35 of them, and 35 of the pvp ones too.

I know I'm meh, and will never do OP, nor do I really have the ability due to health problems so I just play by myself.

So my question is what if anything should I do with them seeing as I can't trade them, they seem useless for me, is there like decos or something I could use them for, I have managed to get myself 336 blue moddable gear, and working on relics/ear/implant set bonuses, and managed to get 340 blue moddable unlocked, so not sure what to use WZ or OP1 for.

4 hours ago, AussieAlan said:

So my question is what if anything should I do with them seeing as I can't trade them, they seem useless for me, is there like decos or something I could use them for, I have managed to get myself 336 blue moddable gear, and working on relics/ear/implant set bonuses, and managed to get 340 blue moddable unlocked, so not sure what to use WZ or OP1 for.

Some good news. As of a few months ago, you can now trade Warzone and Operation currencies for Tech Fragments.

The conversion rate is 200 WZ and OP currencies, respectively, for 200 TFs. The OP currency vendor / trader is located in the Supplies section of the Fleets. The WZ currency vendor / trader is located in the Combat Training section of the Fleets.

It's not much, but it is better than nothing. 

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Thanks 1

I see thank you, but if that is the case, would it not be smarter to just buy 1 single purple upgrade it and then do the "quest" again with those 2 guys on fleet that unlocked the blue 336/340 mods.

• Like 1

Ah ok, I am on the new Aussie server and I do have one of each class story, so 8 for now, and 3 are 80s, probably move 1 or 2 of my 75s from Harbinger when they open them up to transfers, so I do get tech and commendations easy and quickly, more so as I have my SH boost at 109% so I can do conquest on all 8 toons easily.

So how many OP1 do you need to get one 340 purple piece?

If you can buy other comms with OP1 can you then buy OP1?

How much does a single purple 340 mod piece cost, I assume if blue 340 is 100k purple is what 200 or 300k?

Edited by AussieAlan

On 1/30/2024 at 1:46 AM, AussieAlan said:

If you can buy other comms with OP1 can you then buy OP1?

As of 7.4, you can exchange 2000 conquest commendations or 500 FP-1's for 175 OP-1's respectively.  You can still get 200 tech frags with 200 OP-1's

So how many OP1 do you need to get one 340 purple piece?

IDK the exact numbers.  It does take some time if you do not do at least SM operations, but is doable.  

How much does a single purple 340 mod piece cost, I assume if blue 340 is 100k purple is what 200 or 300k?

Good thing is, the Artifact 340 Hyde mission unlocks only Enhancements, so that is all you need to buy.  They do cost 200K each, but you only need 9 total to upgrade your gear from Supreme Decurion (blue) to Rakata (purple) 340 stats.

Actual Rakata gear is now up to 344, with is solely done via OP-1's.  A big help is if you are fully geared at 340 and do a NiM Nefra/Dash run, you will get a 340 Rakata item dropped, which only needs 2 upgrades to 344.

• Like 1

OK thank you, I did manage to find it was 600 OP1 to get 344.

So even if I did get 1 single purple then it would only be enhancements, not armourings, mods, hilts or barrels.

Thanks but no I know I suck, and wouldn't last 2 minutes in an op, nor would I risk it with my health problems.

• Like 1

@AussieAlan (and others),

I agree with everything that @kgaydos and @DeannaVoyager wrote regarding Op currencies. Over a few months I gathered roughly 600 Op currencies so went ahead and did the Hyde and Zeek Ilvl 340 Rakata quest to have the option to buy the Ilvl 340 purple Enhancements. I don't regret doing so since I had the currency to spare but keep in mind...

The difference between Enhancement Rakata (purple) Ilvl 340 gear and Supreme Decurion (blue) Ilvl 340 gear is very, very small. It essentially just flip-flops Endurance and Power stats -- it does not change the main stat.

By way of example, let's compare the Initiative (Accuracy) Enhancements:

Advanced Initiative Enhancement 101 (Purple Ilvl 340): +413 Endurance / +614 Accuracy / +452 Power

Proficient Enhancement 105 (Blue Ilvl 340): +452 Endurance / +614 Accuracy / +413 Power

That's an almost infinitesimal difference and the overall same Stat pool. Since it sounds like you are (mostly) a solo player, one could even make the argument that the tiny boost to Endurance is equal if not better. As I said, I went ahead and did the quest, but you have to decide for yourself whether that flip-flop of Endurance and Power is worth an extra 100k credits per Enhancement.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Stupid Typos!
  • Like 2